Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    So which insurance did you go with?

I got mine from Best Buy so I had two options.

1.) Sprint Insurance - covers theft/loss, breakage, out of warranty repairs. $7 a month + $125 deductible on claims and only a certain amount of claims per year. You send phone back Sprint next days you a refurb.

2.) Best Buy protection - $9.99 a month - only covers breakage and out of warranty repairs. Does NOT cover theft or loss. $0 deductible, unlimited claims, they repair your phone, they will give you a loner phone while yours is in repair.

Also to note. Sprint insurance comes on your Sprint bill. The Best Buy protection is setup as a reoccurring charge on a credit card.

I personally went with the Best Buy protection. The $125 deductible was the deal breaker for me.

** Oh I'm sure I missed some points, I'm close enough, don't chew my head off**
    i'm pretty sure the TEP through Sprint is a $100 deductible, not $125.
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gabbott View Post
    i'm pretty sure the TEP through Sprint is a $100 deductible, not $125.
    I can't confirm it but the Best Buy guy said there are two prices now. One for regular phones and then the $125 for Smartphones.

When I sold Sprint it was $50 across the board.
    At the corp Sprint store, I was told it was required with the phone. Not a big deal as I was going to get it anyway.
    I got the Sprint insurance. The insurance was optional. Too many things can go wrong with phones, so I decided to get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by octobermagic View Post
    At the corp Sprint store, I was told it was required with the phone. Not a big deal as I was going to get it anyway.
    It is not required
    Never let anyone tell you insurance is required unless it's the law. I have insurance, but it is OPTIONAL. Salespeople are in business to make SALES. The rep at my store was pushing accessories like her kids diapers depended on it. Way to high strung for me. I laughed. I buy what I want. Period.
    I bought the Sprint insurance (Asurion...$7 a month) on each of the three Pres that I purchased today. It paid for itself on my last Sprint phone (see signature below). Normally, I don't buy extended warranties, but these phones are so expensive and handled so much...and my 16 year-old daughter just went outside with her new Pre. Nuff said.

BTW, the Sprint/Asurion deductible on higher-end phones went up to $100 about a year ago.
    IIIx -> Tungsten T -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Launch day Pre
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by realistdreamer View Post
    Never let anyone tell you insurance is required unless it's the law. I have insurance, but it is OPTIONAL. Salespeople are in business to make SALES. The rep at my store was pushing accessories like her kids diapers depended on it. Way to high strung for me. I laughed. I buy what I want. Period.
    Yea they were pushing accessories REALLY hard but being a Sprint store manager in the past I know that those accessories are pure profit. Stuff like car charges cost about $0.75 for store cost and then they sell them for $30. They also get paid more for accessorizing.

But back on track. It is NOT required to buy insurance, don't let them tell you that it's required.
    Got the $7/month Sprint insurance. $125 deductible for me
    Quote Originally Posted by scuba_steve View Post
    and my 16 year-old daughter just went outside with her new Pre.
    Please don't misinterpret this as I'm not trying to come off as an *******, but with kids being kids, why on earth would you buy a 16yo kid a premier smartphone on launch day? You honestly expect a kid (any kid, not addressing yours) to not lose or damage it?
    I went with Sprint's TEP paln for $7/month.

Quote Originally Posted by 1quick1 View Post
    I can't confirm it but the Best Buy guy said there are two prices now. One for regular phones and then the $125 for Smartphones.
    He's mistaken. It is $50 for regular cell phones, $100 for smartphones. http://nextelonline.nextel.com/asset...chedule_en.pdf
    Last edited by ImmaSlave4U; 06/06/2009 at 06:12 PM. Reason: added link
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." óL. Ron Hubbard
    I got the Sprint/Assurion insurance they offered at the store, $7/month.

Assurion covers physical damage.
    Sprint repairs/replaces the device if it conks out.
    Verizon
    SquareTrade is a much better deal than any of these plans that have been mentioned. I got a 2 year warranty, with accidental damage covered, for $76. Can't beat that.
    ESRP is where it's at, screw TEP. Not scared of my phone getting lost/stolen/water damaged. ESRP covers normal wear and tear as well as manufacturers defects. Meaning if I break my phone somehow, I can take it back to Sprint and get a replacement. No deductible, $4/month .
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    When I use the corporate version of the sprint site:

Total Equipment Protection covers manufacturer's defect and is subject to a $50 Deductible.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    SquareTrade is the best bang for the buck. $76 for 2 years, no deductible, and extendible.
    I was told that if you use an @aol.com email address you save 10% off every monthly bill (takes 2 billing cycles to take effect though)

On the Everything Data Family at $129 a month, I will save at least $13 a month. So I figures I may as well get the insurance at $7 per phone x2 phones, it's basically a wash.

No I do not use AOL, I just have an old *** email address there that is still active via their webmail.
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    My Sprint paper work says the TEP deductible is between $50-$100. The Sprint rep said the deductible for the Pre is $100.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    The Sprint lady said $150 deductible, but the confirmation call about my new account said $50. I don't plan on breaking/losing it, so....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast