Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Uhh maybe Im missing the obvious but how do you delete apps?
    on the software tab under device info i believe. Not in front of my phone right now and holding the baby so can't check.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    thanks Gabbott. Just found it myself.
    Top left -> Launcher -> List apps then select it and hit delete.

that was driving me nuts trying to find that.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    and apparently I cant delete the Nascar app since it came preloaded on the phone. BOOOO!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikest View Post
    and apparently I cant delete the Nascar app since it came preloaded on the phone. BOOOO!
    holy smokes!!!
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet View Post
    holy smokes!!!
    perhaps Boo was a bit of an over reaction. I just wanted to clean up the yard a bit as it were. Only keep the apps that Id actually be interested in using.
    There's another trick to delete apps even easier. Hold the orange button and tap on them in the launcher. Still doesn't help to delete NASCAR though, that's in the ROM.
    When I was poking around on my phone earlier and found how to delete apps, it did give me the option to delete the nascar app, I just didnt do it at the time as I didnt want to go deleting anything yet. Did it not give you the option or just wont after you select delete?
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gabbott View Post
    When I was poking around on my phone earlier and found how to delete apps, it did give me the option to delete the nascar app, I just didnt do it at the time as I didnt want to go deleting anything yet. Did it not give you the option or just wont after you select delete?
    when I click the nascar app it just gives me version information about the app. No little red icon to delete it.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    There's another trick to delete apps even easier. Hold the orange button and tap on them in the launcher. Still doesn't help to delete NASCAR though, that's in the ROM.
    thanks for the heads up on the shortcut
    when I click the nascar app it just gives me version information about the app. No little red icon to delete it.
    OK, hold on a minute, I'm going to get my phone and see if I can get it deleted now, I'm positive I at least saw the delete option. I'll go check and see what I did to get to it.
    thanks for the heads up on the shortcut
    Dieter's the one who really needs to be thanked for that, he mentioned that in the video chat he did yesterday.
    ok, to device info.. more options... and click on the software tab. That is where I found it earlier. you can delete it from there.
    I too got the delete option in device info > more info > software but it doesn't do anything :-( I hate nascar
    Quote Originally Posted by paulg1981 View Post
    I too got the delete option in device info > more info > software but it doesn't do anything :-( I hate nascar
    Bah, oh well, guess they need to update to remove the delete option then from system software.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Ditto
    wtf,.. waiting for os upgrade.. i can live with it for now and pretend im a red neck
    Ok, so i've been reading threads for about 3 days now, and my question has been commented on several times. "root the pre" is the answer i keep getting, but I'm not about to get into something i know nothing about.

My question is this: For someone who does not have enough knowledge to "hack" into the OS of this device, is there a semi-easy way to remove apps/software that I simply wont use? Such as: Youtube, Nascar?

Again, i don't know enough to "root" my Pre, so that's probably not an option.
    You cannot remove any software that came preloaded on the phone or through an update without rooting the phone. So if you really want to get rid of it, the only way is to learn how to root and go that route. At least for the time being.

With all the talented homebrew people around here, maybe one of them will be able to find a way without having to root.

Quote Originally Posted by tama2112 View Post
    Ok, so i've been reading threads for about 3 days now, and my question has been commented on several times. "root the pre" is the answer i keep getting, but I'm not about to get into something i know nothing about.

My question is this: For someone who does not have enough knowledge to "hack" into the OS of this device, is there a semi-easy way to remove apps/software that I simply wont use? Such as: Youtube, Nascar?

Again, i don't know enough to "root" my Pre, so that's probably not an option.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Actually, it's not in the ROM. It is part of the WebOS install, but can be deleted, just a bit trickier than other apps.

Patch Launcher Hide-Delete The NASCAR App - WebOS Internals
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast