Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Once upon a time, the most important feature of a phone was making phone calls. I haven't seen anyone mention what the sound quality of a phone call is like. Is it clear? Loud enough? Can the person you're calling hear you okay?

How about when making a call w/ the speakerphone?
    Earpiece volume really low for me compared to HTC Touch.
    I find the volume(even when set to full) is rather low unless I angle the phonr just a bit in the right direction. It's extremely clear, however..
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    So far, so good with the sound. However, I have inadvertantly hung up on 2 people so far. That's just me getting used to the phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by fwinst View Post
    So far, so good with the sound. However, I have inadvertantly hung up on 2 people so far. That's just me getting used to the phone.
    How? The proximity sensor isn't any good? Perhaps that's why Apple stuck two of them to perform the task of disabling the touch screen when you're on a call and it's up to your ear...
  6.    #6  
    Do you think that the volume is high enough to be usable in a noisy setting, such as a busy street?
    Quote Originally Posted by Badandy127 View Post
    How? The proximity sensor isn't any good? Perhaps that's why Apple stuck two of them to perform the task of disabling the touch screen when you're on a call and it's up to your ear...
    proximity sensor works fine for me + call quality is clear
    The call volume really irks me. Come on Palm, I've been with you since the first samsung i500, and the first treos. Everytime on the treo, the call volume was pathetic and you had to purchase volume care to make you phone functional, and here again it sound like call volume is in adequate. Quit taking steps backwards, fix thinkgs like call vloume, full text messaging, etc. and keep them in all products going forward.
    Palm V > samsung i500> treo 650 > treo 755p> Centro> Pre
    Over a Motorola H300 BT headset, I've been told it's landline quality. Didn't quite accomplish that on my 755p.

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    I have had no problems so far.... my GF had to get used to adjusting how she held the phone though...somehow she was blocking the mic against her face and sounded muffeled as heck until she readjusted
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I was in a loud restaurant earlier and had no problem hearing. I did go outside eventually to talk as the person could hear the music they had on which I think shows how good the mic is. Also, I have asked if people can tell that I am on speakerphone when I switch to it and they say they cannot! The first time I was on speakerphone the only reason I exposed that I was in fact on speaker was when they asked me what the chime was (my low battery alarm).
    not that great.
    Easily the lowest volume of any phone I've ever used. Unusable in a bar.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    The speaker phone is the lowest of any I have had, but otherwise it seems to be just fine volume wise.
    The volume is too low, but I've been very very impressed with the sound quality.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    No issues with the sound quality. I haven't used it in noisy environments enough yet to comment on the volume.
    Sound is low but quality is great. Most of the time I use my Moto BT headset no prob then. Was so used to the way you can adjust volume on the Iphone. I kept forgetting about the volume controls on the sides. After a few taps its much better still not high enough be better then it was.
    Sadly, this is my only compliment. I had a POS smart phone with verizon before making the switch (samsung i760) and while the phone was a piece of ****, the call quality was much better than the pre

The volume is pretty low, and not as clear as im used to. Its not that THAT bad, but still a little disappointing
    volume is pretty low for my tastes. always finding myself mashing the 'volume up' side key during calls.
    Do you think they can fix the volume with a firmware update? Someone at sprint said there were similar problems with the instinct when it first came out and they fixed them.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast