Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LonghornTreo View Post
    The call volume really irks me. Come on Palm, I've been with you since the first samsung i500, and the first treos....
    Ummm I don't think Palm had anything to do with the Samsung i500, did they?

And (for historical reference) the "First" Treos were from "Handspring" before Palm bought 'em out.
    “Wolves are the top of the food chain, and when the wolf population is healthy, all other animal and plant populations are healthy.” -- Lois Tulleners
    great for me, used in the jeep today topless (the jeep not me) and it was all good.
    For those with low volume, did you realize that the volume buttons don't work when the prox sensor is on? You have to hold it away from your face to get them to operate. Volume is good for me once I figured that out.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    For those with low volume, did you realize that the volume buttons don't work when the prox sensor is on? You have to hold it away from your face to get them to operate. Volume is good for me once I figured that out.
    Mine work fine when the prox sensor is on. You obviously don't see on the screen that the volume is increasing / decreasing but I just tried this and it definitely changes the volume for me.
  5. DDD
    [QUOTE=Grim;1650668]Ummm I don't think Palm had anything to do with the Samsung i500, did they?

Nope, just the software.
    Also Known as 3_D
    I keep hearing that my voice is low and muffled. I also make sure that my cheek is not being pressed against the mic. I tried it myself and it does sound pretty low and muffled. I tried the headset that comes with it and I've been told it sounds a little better.

Can anybody try this out for themselves and tell me whether its my phone or if this can fixed by software in the near future? Thanks in advance.
    All I know is that the earpiece is really, really low volume compared to every phone I've ever used.

This reminds me of when the Touch Pro came out, and we had to hack the audiopara3.csv file to make it work right. Unfortunately, the OS is too locked-down for us to alter that kind of stuff right now. This is quieter than my TP ever was.
    Quote Originally Posted by ScrapMaker View Post
    All I know is that the earpiece is really, really low volume compared to every phone I've ever used.
    I hate to say it, but are you sure its not your hearing? I actually had to turn everyone's volume down from whatever the default was because it was too loud.
    Volume on it isn't shabby. I usually use a bluetooth headset and it sounds great there actually. Jawbone Prime FTW!
    Volume a little low and muffled...but clear...no added noise.
    I havent had any complaints yet, volume I suppose could be a little higher at its highest setting, but I find I can hear people clearly.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    I hate to say it, but are you sure its not your hearing? I actually had to turn everyone's volume down from whatever the default was because it was too loud.
    Nope, my hearing is exceptional. I'm just used to phones that get considerably louder. I find myself continually re-positioning the phone on my ear, thinking that I am holding it wrong--yet it never really gets louder.

My HTC Touch would hurt my ear at 60% volume.

I would be curious to find out if this is a common problem on ALL devices, only varying on perception, or if this is random QC/manufacturing issue? We already know that not everyone has screen issues. I just happen to have both.

I also have the issue that if you try to slide open the phone one-handed, and push where the center button is, the phone halves 'grind' together, and it doesn't want to open very easily. I have to push in the middle of the screen with my thumb to open it easily. I don't like doing this because sometimes I select stuff on the screen, and I don't like the added wear with force like that--could scratch the screen unnecessarily...
    Quote Originally Posted by gabbott View Post
    I havent had any complaints yet, volume I suppose could be a little higher at its highest setting, but I find I can hear people clearly.
    What if you were in a loud bar? Could you hear them then? I can barely hear anything on this phone when my t-tops are off of my car...
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    very good...better than Centro.

Both BT and phone is very good for me.
    The sound quality is a little better than my 755. The callers on the other end say I'm nice and loud too.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I use the OEM headset almost exclusively. With this headset, I experienced for the first time (wired or Bluetooth) that I could drive in my truck with all the windows down, the radio gently playing, on M Street in G'town (LOT’s of foot traffic=noise) and have the other person hear me completely clearly and vice versa. I hadn't heard about it before the Pre's launch and figured it couldn't be out of the box noise cancellation headset, but it does just that. I'm sold...just going to try to find an extension that will continue to allow me to use the button (which answers calls, hangs up calls, pauses/plays music and with a double click, goes to the next track in Pandora).
    Muffled. Much worse than my Treo...which was worse than my Motorola. Very disappointing. These manufacturers get all hopped up on features and just seem to not focus on decent voice quality.

IIIx -> Tungsten T -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Launch day Pre
    A number of people have commented on "not knowing who I was" or about it"not sounding like I was there" when I don't speak. I also "don't have that far away sound" anymore.
    The phone quality is excellent IMO. Coming from a Touch Pro.
    My problem is not really with how I sound to others, but they sound like they are holding a towel over their mouth when they talk to me like I'm trying to hear the phone through a pillow or something. It's pretty bizarre.
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    Have any of you used an iphone or iphone 3g? It's definitely better than either of those by far, both earpiece volume and speakerphone volume.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast