1.    #1  
    Got my Pre this morning - it's great!

Does anyone know how to change the voicemail number so that it is possible to use an alternate voicemail service like YouMail? In my Treo, I just went to phone settings and you could change it, but I don't see anything like that on my Pre yet. Now that I think about it, I don't see anywhere to forward calls either. It might be in the same place...

Thanks!
    your best bet is to assign it to a speed dial
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefplt View Post
    Got my Pre this morning - it's great!

Does anyone know how to change the voicemail number so that it is possible to use an alternate voicemail service like YouMail? In my Treo, I just went to phone settings and you could change it, but I don't see anything like that on my Pre yet. Now that I think about it, I don't see anywhere to forward calls either. It might be in the same place...

Thanks!
    From youmail's help:

Call (888) 211-4727 (Sprint PCS's technical support line). You should hear "Welcome to the Sprint Technical Support desk".
    Ask them to turn on "call forward busy" and "call forward no answer" on your cell phone, so that your phone will ring before calls go to YouMail. Confirm that they are not turning on "regular", "normal", or "immediate?" call forwarding.
    When they ask what number to forward calls to, tell them 7142043114.
    I finally did this over the weekend, and surprisingly it went fairly smoothly, and only took about 5 minutes total. Be forewarned, though, that this forwarding is charged at $.20/minute.

As much as I'm glad that when people call my Pre they're now finally going to my youmail, I still have yet to figure out how to replace my voicemail callout button in the dialer with the youmail number. Of course, I just dial the contact I have for youmail, but it would be ever so nice to just be able to hit the voicemail icon in the dialer...