1.    #1  
    Hi! I protect my wifi network from being used by other devices by filtering mac addresses, but can't seem to figure out where the address can be found on the Pre. Can anyone help me out please!? I'm going nuts.
    If it's not on the sticker under the battery, you could turn off Mac filtering temporarily, connect to your wifi, then look at the "Associated devices" list on your wireless access point/router and find the Mac address in there.

You do realise that mac filtering isn't particularly useful though don't you? Mac addresses are user-configurable on the computer. As long as you're not using it instead of encryption..
    IDK if this will work, and use at your own risk, but try ##DATA# From the Dial pad. That's ##3282# and then look under the menu at all the diff options
    “Wolves are the top of the food chain, and when the wolf population is healthy, all other animal and plant populations are healthy.” -- Lois Tulleners
    See if it's listed in the Device Info app
    it is listed in hardware info on phone and btw, as long as you are using wpa encryption, mac filtering is useless as mac addresses are broadcast in clear text ota and very simple to spoof them. It offers no additional security, just more legwork for administering your network.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by greenoyster View Post
    See if it's listed in the Device Info app
    hahah, you are THE MAN! I can't believe I didn't think to look there. Thank you so much! I was looking in the wifi section, silly me.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by gabbott View Post
    it is listed in hardware info on phone and btw, as long as you are using wpa encryption, mac filtering is useless as mac addresses are broadcast in clear text ota and very simple to spoof them. It offers no additional security, just more legwork for administering your network.
    Thanks. I realize mac address filtering isn't entirely necessary, but I like having the extra level of protection. Call me paranoid..

Thanks also to everyone else that gave me their input so fast! I love precentral. Best community
    Quote Originally Posted by gabbott View Post
    what if you limit the number of connections to the amount of devices in your home and disable multiple MAC though?
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products