Global Posts
    308 Global Posts
    I for one feel that Palm has set the bar with the WebOs. Even though there are some whiners and complainers running around the forums. It is a first generation device sporting revolutionary software. What did you expect? Did you think it was going to come out perfect? Apple and RIM have yet to give birth to a perfect device. I believe most tech savvy buyers will love this phone and can see the possibilities.

By the way, if you are reading these forums trying to decide whether or not to buy the phone. Don't take any wooden nickles! What I mean: There are a lot of newly signed up people and iphone fan boys running around on the forums.
    Last edited by shadrap; 06/06/2009 at 05:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by shadrap View Post
    I for one feel that Palm has set the bar with the WebOs. Even though there are some whiners and complainers running around the forums. It is a first generation device sporting revolutionary software. What did you expect? Did you think it was going to come out perfect? Apple and RIM have yet to give birth to a perfect device. I believe most tech savvy buyers will love this phone and can see the possibilities.

By the way, if you are reading these forums trying to decide whether or not to buy the phone. Don't take any wooden nickles! What I mean: There are a lot of newly signed up people and iphone fan boys running around on the forums. They kinda remind you of Liberals always trying to push their views without ever considering yours.
    aMen
    I was about to thank you, until the last line.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    I was about to thank you, until the last line.
    I agree. There was no need for that statement, how sad.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shadrap View Post
    ...There are a lot of newly signed up people and iphone fan boys running around on the forums. They kinda remind you of Liberals always trying to push their views without ever considering yours.
    And conservatives. Let's be fair and balanced here.
    Another geek's opinion: time to close this thread.
    Global Posts
    308 Global Posts
    You are right, it is about the phone, not politics! Sorry for that!
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyt View Post
    I agree. There was no need for that statement, how sad.
    Guess what, it's America! Tough, if you don't like it go back to whatever country you came from! I am so sick of freedom of speech being taken down by people because they "feel bad". Now, I don't agree with it, but you know what, its his/her right to say it!
    Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by poopsie View Post
    Guess what, it's America! Tough, if you don't like it go back to whatever country you came from! I am so sick of freedom of speech being taken down by people because they "feel bad". Now, I don't agree with it, but you know what, its his/her right to say it!
    In favor of locking the thread and restarting with something nonpolitical (or simply having a mod delete the political content) : Freedom of speech in the public sphere is distinct from what a private website chooses to do for the sake of promoting community harmony and (indirectly) profits.

Against it: At least readers will know the poster's political orientation, and those who consider that relevant will take it into consideration when reading his future postings.

-Rusty
    -Rusty
    Blackjack, Tilt; Treo 90, 270-680; Palm Vx, i705, T|T3, iQue 3200; Nokia N800, E71
    For those who were "offended" by the OP's now edited-out last sentence...

How does what s/he posted really affect anything other than revealing his/her political views?

If you were somehow "offended" by the remark, that's on your shoulders.
    “Wolves are the top of the food chain, and when the wolf population is healthy, all other animal and plant populations are healthy.” -- Lois Tulleners
    Quote Originally Posted by poopsie View Post
    No one is infringing on his first amendment right. But this is a community and as such we have set certain guidelines such as no profanity and to avoid flame wars keeping political statements in check in most forums. There are forums, even on this board where he can rail against the left or right or who ever. It is like when you go into someone's home you abide by their rule. Take off your shoes, cover your head, refrain from smoking, or whatever. He just made a little slip, no big problem.
    Avigo > PalmIII > PalmIIIEX > Visor > Prism > Prism w/Data module > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700P > Pre
    I don't think anybody was offended, it's just completely unnecessary, that's all.