Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I don't have a pre yet, but here's a suggestion try and see if you can view the stock ring tone files in usb mode. If you can, find the ringtone used for the sms/email/alert tones copy that ringtone onto your computer so you have a backup, delete ringtone and rename your ringtone to the specific ringtone your wanting to replace and move it to that location. Once again might not be possible.
    --Nextel Blackberry 7520 -> Sprint Treo 700p -> Sprint Treo 755p -> Sprint Pre
    Is there a way to edit the mp3 to get the part you want?
    Quote Originally Posted by wizzmerlin View Post
    Is there a way to edit the mp3 to get the part you want?

Audacity: Free Audio Editor and Recorder

cheers,
    Steve
    IIIx -> Tungsten T -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Launch day Pre
    The volume is low as hell on this phone also...I hope an update fixes this along with us being able to assign ringers for txt/mms/email also...
  5.    #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    You can actually find MP3 ringtones that sound like phone tones, but aren't corny. Try zedge.net and some other sites like that(make sure your pop-up blocker and ad block is on though). I rarely use actual songs for MP3 ringtones myself, except for a very few.

OMG!!! THANKS!!! Zedge.net is great!! Just what I was looking for. And apparently my desktop USB ports have some problems. I hooked up the Pre to my laptop and it recognized it RIGHT AWAY and am now happily transferring MP3s to ringtones!!!!
    some FREE resources i found useful -

MP3 HQ Clips -

http://www.juno.co.uk

MIDI DB -

Free MIDI File Database

MIDI to MP3 Converter via Online Tool -

Free MIDI to Mp3 Online Converter

INCREASE VOLUME of MP3s via Online Tool -

vloud
    Last edited by Gekko; 06/07/2009 at 08:40 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by scuba_steve View Post
    Do you have any settings for a LOUDER mp3 recording? Bitrate etc..
    you can also try Ringtone Expressions.
    -Select the portion(s) of songs you want to use as ringtone
    -Create ringtones from any .MP3 and songs Purchased on the iTune store( iTunes Plus only)
    -Express your ringtones to Friends on Facebook and Twitter Twitter / TheAfricanNerd: Created Ringtone Swagga Li ...
    -Create ringtones quickly with Drag and Drop or right click menu
    -Ringtone recommendations via our newsletter and community guide Ringtone Expressions - Special Ringtones for Special People
    -Reuse ringtones on future Palm phones
    -Create ringtones from YouTube videos

Ringtone Expressions - Home
    What about downloading ringtones straight from your pre? I used to use myxer
    Can someone post all of the included ringers. I've heard the pots and pans one (default) and it was horrible. I need to hear the other ones too to see just how bad palms taste in music is .
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugewhyte View Post
    Do you have any settings for a LOUDER mp3 recording? Bitrate etc..
    check out the link i posted above.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    MIDIs don't work as far as i can tell. anyone else try?
    Pasting midi files into the "ringtones" folder apparently doesnt recognize them. At least they dont show up as an option.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1quick1 View Post
    sure can and it's easy as hell.

When you're in the contact view to edit the contact one of the boxes you can select is for a custom ring tone for that contact.
    When I do this on my phone all that will play is the default mp3 I have checked and it won't let me check more than one. For example, I have the default ring tone set to "Help" by the Beatle and my Wife's custom is set to "American Girl" by Tom Petty. If my wife calls me all the phone does is vibrate and "American Girl" doesn't play. 5 seconds later a friend calls and "Help" plays. Make sense? basically my phone won't let me set custom ring tones from mp3's.

Any thoughts and thanks!
    Global Posts
    228 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 1quick1 View Post
    That I'm not sure about. I figured out how to change the ring tones and assign custom one's for contacts but I haven't figured out how to change any other tones like alarms, texts, IM's, etc.
    you cant change those yet... maybe an update will come soon and change all that! lets keep our fingers crossed lol
    i like myxer.com

you can select the part of the song you want and tell it you want it loud. click the radio button for iphone and it will send it to your itunes. they wouldn't sync for me, but i plugged in as usb and dragged and dropped and they work awesome!
    I lurve my Pre! <3
    Call me nostalgic but I love the "Old Phone" ringer, I don't need anything fancy.
    agreed, they're pretty bad. lol. i love the Pre default, but the rest of the 11! are really bad.
    Global Posts
    412 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jbrowland View Post
    When I do this on my phone all that will play is the default mp3 I have checked and it won't let me check more than one. For example, I have the default ring tone set to "Help" by the Beatle and my Wife's custom is set to "American Girl" by Tom Petty. If my wife calls me all the phone does is vibrate and "American Girl" doesn't play. 5 seconds later a friend calls and "Help" plays. Make sense? basically my phone won't let me set custom ring tones from mp3's.

Any thoughts and thanks!
    I am going to try this out. I'll get back to you. I have two ringtones on my Pre that I made from MP3s.

BRB!
    What if this whole crusade's a charade? -Trent Reznor
    Global Posts
    412 Global Posts
    Ok, I am not having the problem you are. I have one of my MP3 ringtones I made as default. So I put the other one as my roommate's ringtone. I called myself from his phone, and the MP3 ringtone I put for him plays. So I think it's the MP3 itself.

I have the live version of "American Girl". Do you want me to make you a ringtone from it?
    What if this whole crusade's a charade? -Trent Reznor
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123