Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    Yeah me either I wanna figure out how to assign different tones for each thing. Well if that's possible maybe this is a option that needs to be added..
    Quote Originally Posted by 1quick1 View Post
    I haven't figured out how to change any other tones like alarms, texts, IM's, etc.
    You can't.
    That I'm not sure about. I figured out how to change the ring tones and assign custom one's for contacts but I haven't figured out how to change any other tones like alarms, texts, IM's, etc.
    Thanks.
    I get mine on Tuesday, so I don't have one to test this yet.

On the Blackberry, I have set different ones for voice/email/SMS, so I can differentiate the important ones from the generic w/o taking the phone off my hip

Since from what you told me it is at least capable on the voice part, anything extra will be icing on the cake... Thanks.
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    You can't.
    Really? That's weird that we can't change the notification sounds for those types of things..I mean every phone ever has that option.
    Quote Originally Posted by one028 View Post
    i cant even hear a tone at all when i get a new email message...anyone else?
    There's an option you have to change. Go into email, preferences, and then tap on the account, and turn on "Play Sound." That'll turn vibrate off though.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    There's an option you have to change. Go into email, preferences, and then tap on the account, and turn on "Play Sound." That'll turn vibrate off though.
    So, it does have this capability then?

On edit: Never mind, I've just re-read your response and it was different than what I was asking... my bad.
  7.    #27  
    Im slow when it comes to this...how can I download an MP3 onto my Pre??
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE 305 View Post
    Im slow when it comes to this...how can I download an MP3 onto my Pre??
    Hook the usb cable up to your computer. Drag and drop your mp3's to the USB mass storage device your computer detects.

Or hook it up with iTunes and it will sync for you just like an iPod.
  9.    #29  
    Well, when i plug in my Pre, the Pre goes into "sync mode" i guess...but my comp doesn't show me the Pre as hooked up.
    I made my own. I used some audio editing tools. Also, I don't think you can assign specific ringtones for text messages.
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    Well, when i plug in my Pre, the Pre goes into "sync mode" i guess...but my comp doesn't show me the Pre as hooked up.
    If you click on "My Computer" if it detected it and installed the drivers you should see the Palm as being connected in there.
    I kind of like them. I'm using the Guitar right now...

And I hate MP3 ringtones... Like actual music ones. So annoying to hear "Bringing sexy back" or "Kashmir" over and over again. It ruins the song for me.
    Treo 650p --> Treo 755p --> Pre
  13.    #33  
    If you click on "My Computer" if it detected it and installed the drivers you should see the Palm as being connected in there.
    How do I install the drivers? It never gives me the option when I plug in the Pre...only thing I can do is on the Pre itself and that is only to choose from "media sync" "usb drive" or "charge only" thats it...sorry for all this but Im stuck....
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    I make my own ringtones and throw them in the ringtones folder on the Pre. However I can't seem to change it for text messaging or anything else....thats really dissapointing.
    How do I install the drivers? It never gives me the option when I plug in the Pre...only thing I can do is on the Pre itself and that is only to choose from "media sync" "usb drive" or "charge only" thats it...sorry for all this but Im stuck....
    No drivers, make sure you choose "usb drive". It'll work. Find your Pre in My Computer and just drag and drop.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    I just connected the phone, put it into "USB Drive" mode, transferred my "Jeff Wayne's Musical Version Of The War Of The Worlds" .WAV ringtone that I've had on all my Treos (Uuuuullaaaaahhhh!) and bingo! - it's a ringtone now!
  17.    #37  
    whats the best website to get free mp3s???
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter E Kurtz View Post
    I kind of like them. I'm using the Guitar right now...

And I hate MP3 ringtones... Like actual music ones. So annoying to hear "Bringing sexy back" or "Kashmir" over and over again. It ruins the song for me.
    You can actually find MP3 ringtones that sound like phone tones, but aren't corny. Try zedge.net and some other sites like that(make sure your pop-up blocker and ad block is on though). I rarely use actual songs for MP3 ringtones myself, except for a very few.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Is there the ability to set a different volume for alarm and different volume for ringers/texts?

I constantly look to keep my phone/text on silent when I sleep (or even when I'm awake at home), but having alarm volume is essential.
    Lol, the stock ringers are fine for me. I like to keep it simple. My ringer of choice is the "Triangle" hehe
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast