1.    #1  
    Noticed a few things playing with my wives Pre. Not sure if this is just down to a lack of knowledge though.

Text messaging does not have any emotions Sucks !

I cannot seem to setup an email account manually to my own IMAP server. I can get into the manual setup screen and enter all the details but the sign in button is grey out no matter what I do. I would like to think that the Pre can set up any email account. If not then that is a bad move. It's great that it syncs up just fine with Gmail, but I have my own personal server and I have no intention of moving over to Gmail.

Moving to landscape mode sometimes doesn't flip the screen around. I have to rotate the phone back to portrait and then back again.

Phone gets hot when charging.

The bluetooth connection dropped in my car after a few minutes Was not happy about that.

This phone has the potential but defo needs several things fixing. I was hoping after all the waiting that the Pre wouldn't have too many bugs, but it appears that there are enough.

So, my verdict is still out on this phone and for now I am sticking with my Pro.

That said, it's a wicked phone and the OS is very slick
  2.    #2  
    Anyone else notice the same issues, or have solutions ?

Jut curious
  3.    #3  
    Way too many posts right now !

I also notice that wmv files will not play on the Pre. Or at least the one that I have in my email will not play

Didn't realise that this was the case.
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davetati View Post
    Text messaging does not have any emotions Sucks !
    Yup. Doesn't really bother me, but I guess it should be a feature.

I cannot seem to setup an email account manually to my own IMAP server. I can get into the manual setup screen and enter all the details but the sign in button is grey out no matter what I do. I would like to think that the Pre can set up any email account. If not then that is a bad move. It's great that it syncs up just fine with Gmail, but I have my own personal server and I have no intention of moving over to Gmail.
    I use exchange, so I haven't tested IMAP yet, sorry.

Moving to landscape mode sometimes doesn't flip the screen around. I have to rotate the phone back to portrait and then back again.
    As with any accellerometer, you have to hold the phone straight and then rotate. If it's tilted, it will not work. You don't want it to be too sensitive, because then it will rotate when you don't intend to do so, which is annoying. I have had zero problems with this feature.

Phone gets hot when charging.
    Most phones do. I didn't notice it getting abnormally hot, but I was charging from the port. Did you use the touchstone? I heard that can get pretty hot.

The bluetooth connection dropped in my car after a few minutes Was not happy about that.
    Haven't tried bluetooth anymore. I would suggest that you try this some more, as none of the reviewers mentioned bluetooth drops, afaikafaikafaik.

This phone has the potential but defo needs several things fixing. I was hoping after all the waiting that the Pre wouldn't have too many bugs, but it appears that there are enough.
    There will be bugs on any 1.0 device...that's the problem with being an early adopter. That being said, my experience has been smooth sailing so far.

So, my verdict is still out on this phone and for now I am sticking with my Pro.

That said, it's a wicked phone and the OS is very slick
    To me personally, the card system alone is enough for me to keep this phone. Top that off with the best mobile web browser ever, synergy and awesome notifications. I think that you just didn't spend enough time with it or don't know how to properly use it. Either that or you're locked into a contract already and you're trying to convince yourself that your phone is good enough. I've used WinMo for years and I'll be the first to admit that it can't hold a candle to WebOS.
    Sidekick Color > Moto MPx220 > HTC Typhoon > Moto Q > HTC Apache > HTC Hermes > HTC Tilt > Palm Pre > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVO 3D

iPad 16GB WiFi > iPad 2 64GB WiFi
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    As stated above....this is v1.0. Be patient as the OS rapidly evolves, OTA's hit your phone, new features show up, funtionality improves, etc. etc. etc.

We are far far far from the end of the product roadmap for WebOS....they have many things in the pipeline that are being tested that will be rolled out. Watch - all the complaints people have right now (DAY 1 FOR CRIPES SAKE!!!) will be addressed - key ones are: universal search for email, copy/paste working everywhere, emoticons, change alert sounds for SMS/gtalk/MMS/email, etc. etc. etc.

Both iPhone 1.0 and Android 1.0 have had (and are continuing to have) significant updates to improve functinality and features. In my opinion, WebOS 1.0.2 is quite impressive as is, given the current recognized limitations. We're just starting the roadmap.....you're an early adopter - give them time to roll features out when they absolutely ready and not a second before (or you'd be griping about the bugs/glitches).

Patience....
    I had zero problems setting up my IMAP e-mail accounts.

Were you possibly confused by the Pre's language of the "Name" that is where you write the server (not give the thing a name to go by in the Pre)? Under both incoming and outgoing mail, it is the first blank to fill in. So, if your IMAP acc't uses mail.yoursite.net, you would write "mail.yoursite.net" there.

Or did you forget to put your top-level folder name (i.e. "Inbox.") in the provided blank? Or did you leave out a log-in name, password, or port number?
  7.    #7  
    Thanks for the feedback guys. Please note, that I said these were points of note and not serious complaints. The Pre is my wives and I haven't played with it as much as I'd like. It's a great phone and the wife loves it

I guess for right now the Pre will not play wmv files right ?

Also, there was mention that the Pre has an FM transmittor, has anyone seen anything about this to know how it works ?

I'm going to try the IMAP set up again. As far as I can tell I put all the information in correctly. I am no stranger to setting up IMAP accounts on different devices.