1.    #1  
    i did an erase on my phone because it was acting up and when it loads up it says "your phone is experiencing an error that cannot be resolved"

What do i do??!?

I can not use my Pre!
  2.    #2  
    anyone know how to do a hard reset?
  3.    #3  
    i know i my sound annoying... i need help
    did you take the battery out for a soft reset?
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by bb423 View Post
    did you take the battery out for a soft reset?
    yeah one of the first things i did, i work around cell phones. this is my first insticnt lol.
    when that error happens, is the background black or does it have the clouds, like from First Use?
    I have the same issue... anyone found a fix?
  8. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    If you're Pre isn't booting, there is a recovery image called webOS Doctor that is downloadable from Palm's website

I would suggest that you call Palm support first before running the recover tool! Remember, with the purchase of your phone came 100 free days of telephone support with Palm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyg View Post
    If you're Pre isn't booting, there is a recovery image called webOS Doctor that is downloadable from Palm's website

I would suggest that you call Palm support first before running the recover tool! Remember, with the purchase of your phone came 100 free days of telephone support with Palm.
    I had another problem with the phone being in offline mode and not coming out of it, so I ran the webOS Doctor, and this error is what I got after it rebooted after the Doctor reimaged it.
  10. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Oh, and to cast a wider net, I'd suggest posting your issue here: webOS Software - Palm Support Forums
    Someone else seems to have had the same issue there, but no responses:

Phone Error...... - webOS Hardware - Palm Support Forums
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    I'm having this same issue. Posted the following on Palm's support site.

Good morning,

I'm currently experiencing an error on my Sprint Pre that says:

--

Phone Error

Your phone is experiencing an error that cannot be resolved.

Visit Palm.com/support/ for help.

--

I was having an email error where one of my gmail imap accounts wouldnt sync email in either direction. After playing with it half the night yesterday and most of this morning I decided to reset it to factory default. Again.

I reset the phone to factory default and the email error was still persistent. I then tried to run WebOS Doctor.

Half way through the Doctor it stopped and closed out. My phone sat at a screen that showed an chip. I think it had a down arrow as well.

After it sitting this way for 45 minutes I finally popped the battery. That's when I got this error.

Can anyone point me to something other than visiting a Sprint service center? The nearest one is 90 minutes away and I doubt they'll touch it because of the crack from the USB door which they say occurs because I do not know how to plug my phone in. Ironic since I use Touchstone chargers almost exclusively.

Regards,

Jack
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Bleh I didn't look at the date on this...
    ahi les va la respuesta y de una mujer mexicana niños.... PUES BIEN AL PARECER ENTRA EN MODO DESCONECTADO (PHONE OFFLINE) Y LUEGO LO RESETEAS Y HASTA ACEPTAS BORRAR TODAS TUS COSITAS DEL PALM Y CUANDO SE PRENDE TE ENCUENTRAS CON EL RARO MENSAGE DE QUE TU DISPOSITIVO ESTA ATRAVESANDO POR UN ERROR QUE NO SE PUEDE RESOLVER.....
    PUES BIEN YO YA LO RESOLVI ..... JIJIJIJI
    NI LO CONECTEN A LA COMPU...... CONECTENLO DIRECTAMENTE A LA CORRIENTE ELECTRICA Y CLARO.... MANTENGAN PULSADO EL BOTON DE ENCENDIDO Y LUEGO DENLE EN "TURN OFF" BUENO EL CACHARRO SE APAGA Y LO DEJAN AHI POR LO MENOS UNOS 10 O 15 MINUTOS.... INTENTEN PRENDERLO DE NUEVO Y LISTO!!!! LES VA A DAR LA OPCION DEL IDIOMA Y DE AHI YA EMPIEZAN A CONFIGURAR SU PRE...

SE PONE EN DESCONECTADO PORQUE... le estas instale y quite programas desde el webos quickinstall .... si vas a instalarle algo pues solo eso y lo desconectas, todo paso por paso
    PHONE ERROR PORQUE.... al parecer ya te hechaste tu pilita por andar navegando pegado al cable de la luz pa que disque no se te vaya a terminar la pila.... dale tiempo de que te avise que tiene 18% de bateria restante, te desconecttas y la pones a cargar.....

LO MAS GRAVE.... ES QUE ENTRE MAS TIEMPO PASES SIN PODERLA PRENDER PIERDES MAS INFORMACIÓN...Y TAMBIEN PUEDE QUE PIERDAS LA OPCION SINC. MEDIOS

TODO POR CARGARLE CHUCHERIA Y MEDIA A SU COCHINADA.... YA DEJENLA COMO VIENE...
    YO LO ENTENDI TAMBIEN HASTA QUE ME HECHE LA PILA Y ESTOS ERRORES ME SUCEDIERON DE 3 A 4 VECES POR DIA... ...

ESPERO QUE LES AYUDE

AHHHHHHHHHHH Y ANTES QUE SE ME OLVIDE MIENTRAS ESTA EN LAS CONDICIONES DE PHONE ERROR NI EL DOCTOR NI EL QUICKINSTALL LES SIRVEN DE NADA A VER SI PALM MEJORA SUS PILAS Y DISMINUYE EL CALENTAMIENTO DEL DISPOSITIVO MIENTRAS QUE LA CONECTAS PA NAVEGAR...... AHORA ENTENDI QUE NO ES PARA NAVEGAR MIENTRAS SE CARGA!!!!!

PERO ESO NO LO ESPECIFICAN EN EL MANUALLLLLLLLLLLLL
    Last edited by niga; 05/30/2010 at 12:45 AM. Reason: ME FALTO UN COMENTARIO
    Ya hasta miedo da conectarla a la compu
    Good research work niga... but there is an easier way. I am posting it in English since you are the only one that are writing in Spanish in this threat.
    1. Remove the battery
    2. Remove the SIM card
    3. Turn on your PRE, a message saying that the SIM is not installed will be shown with the instructions on how to install it.
    4. Install the SIM card following the instructions on the screen. Don't be lazy and remove the battery before inserting it since the phone needs to be completely de-energized.
    5. Turn on your Pre again and the language selection screen will be shown

The same procedure can be used if you ever experiment the "Phone offline" problem
    Quote Originally Posted by jcnegrete View Post
    Good research work niga... but there is an easier way. I am posting it in English since you are the only one that are writing in Spanish in this threat.
    1. Remove the battery
    2. Remove the SIM card
    3. Turn on your PRE, a message saying that the SIM is not installed will be shown with the instructions on how to install it.
    4. Install the SIM card following the instructions on the screen. Don't be lazy and remove the battery before inserting it since the phone needs to be completely de-energized.
    5. Turn on your Pre again and the language selection screen will be shown

The same procedure can be used if you ever experiment the "Phone offline" problem
    LOL... I really hope these guys have fixed their problem by now since this was originally posted near launch day and the most recent was back in the Spring.

Date stamps are a good thing.
    Guys,
    I wish the gsm thing worked but I am getting this same error on a frankpre using a sprint pre- comm board on a GSm pre 2. I did the swap, i ran meta doctor, and when the doctor boots up it wont recognize my phone in USB mode. But it also keeps taking me to the phone error screen with the clouds. any help would be appreciated

braincell@gmail.com