1.    #1  
    Anyone else still waiting for there number to be ported over? this sucks a crap load... I want to use my pre stupid AT&T
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Mine ported from TMO in the 10 minutes it took me to drive home.
    Sometimes its instant, other times it can take up to 24hrs, or 1 business day. If anything, I can say you'll be golden by tonight.

Why not try calling att to see what the hold up is, or the status/progress of the porting?
  4.    #4  
    so call AT&T and not Sprint?
    Yeah, I got my phone about two hours ago. On T-mobiles end it looks like they released my number, but it doesn't seem to have switched over on sprints end. I was able to setup my voice mail, and the number option for it wasn't mine.. So I'm assuming its just the generic number given initially.
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    My number from Verizon hasn't been ported to Sprint yet. However, my parents' numbers have been ported even though we ported the numbers at the same time.

I did receive follow-up calls from Sprint's number porting department for some follow-up questions. After a few minutes with the rep, I was told that my Pre should finally be activated around 6PM tonight (started activation at 1PM or so).

The number that showed up on my Verizon phone's caller ID is 800-639-6111. You may want to try that number in case no one contacted you.
    From reading the FCC (or whatever government agency oversees this) website, it seems as though the average is about 2.5 hours. Sit tight.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    I am having some major issues with my number port.

Switching from a Verizon family plan to a Sprint family plan, 2 numbers both switching to a Pre.

One number (my wife's) went through fine with no issues.

I was not as lucky.

Sprint's system crashed during the port (at 8:20AM), and right now my number is stuck in limbo. My Verizon account has already been closed, and Sprint confirmed that they are now "in charge of" the number. But for some reason they cannot associate it with my ESN and new Sprint Account.

FYI - The Porting department at Sprint are a bunch of jerks. Anyway, the Sprint retail store rep is on my side, going so far as to yell at the guys in the porting department, and has been personally texting me all evening. He said that he will personally handle this tomorrow. I've been given estimates from Sprint (main customer service not retail rep) of "ASAP" to "3-4 days".

The retail rep has already waived all of my cancellation fees and said he is going to try to get me 2 car chargers and 2 touchstones as compensation. He also told me that I should call the main customer care line and demand a month of free service.

I'm still bummed out, but if they are able to provide adequate compensation I'll be pleased when this is all solved.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by msc1 View Post

Switching from a Verizon family plan to a Sprint family plan, 2 numbers both switching to a Pre.

I was not as lucky.

Sprint's system crashed during the port (at 8:20AM), and right now my number is stuck in limbo. My Verizon account has already been closed, and Sprint confirmed that they are now "in charge of" the number. But for some reason they cannot associate it with my ESN and new Sprint Account.

FYI - The Porting department at Sprint are a bunch of jerks. Anyway, the Sprint retail store rep is on my side, going so far as to yell at the guys in the porting department, and has been personally texting me all evening. He said that he will personally handle this tomorrow. I've been given estimates from Sprint (main customer service not retail rep) of "ASAP" to "3-4 days".

The retail rep has already waived all of my cancellation fees and said he is going to try to get me 2 car chargers and 2 touchstones as compensation. He also told me that I should call the main customer care line and demand a month of free service.

I'm still bummed out, but if they are able to provide adequate compensation I'll be pleased when this is all solved.
    man that sucks you got a jerk, the guy I got was really nice. I had waited 5 hours and my number still wasnt ported over, so I call them and turns out I needed to turn my iphone off and he walked me through getting my number ported over...
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Their system would not let them get me into Sprint, so the retail rep told them to move me to nextel, which apparently works more quickly, and then move me to Sprint. Apparently this is working, but is taking a while.

The only good news is that the retail rep was so nice that he sent the working Pre several SMS's until 11:30pm tonight to follow-up and see what was going on. At least I don't have to call them again and stay on hold forever.
    Quote Originally Posted by msc1 View Post

I was not as lucky.

I had this exact problem today. I was told by the porting department that it would be 1 to 2 days. I tried activating the phone a little earlier this evening and it worked. So maybe try hitting the retry activation button on the screen and see if it works.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessh2036 View Post
    so call AT&T and not Sprint?
    att has to release the number first, so you need to make sure its released before by Sprint can obtain it.