Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Oo Batman oO View Post
    I found that amusing myself. Now apple is going to retaliate witht hat. They better fix that before that happens. I mean Apple makes better commercials than windows. If i didn't know anybetter, I would by a mac based on those commercials.
    I've gotta say the copy cut and paste on my 3.0 SW iPhone is really perfect. I know apple has their uppity ways but it really is awesome. You can even copy an entire (or partial) HTML web page and paste the HTML in an email with all formatting and graphics retained. It is very sweet down to the "shake to undo"
    Ugh. That surprised me too. C/P is basically useless. That needs to be fixed asap.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    They really did take a bit too many pages from iPhone's book if you ask me.
    I'm SO glad I played with a Pre in the store, instead of diving in.

For some folks, diving in is the way to go. For me, it's like getting a shot. I need to know when it's coming and how long the needle's going to be BEFOREHAND so that I can get my mind right.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
  4. msb
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    I wouldn't say "completely useless".

I had to copy & paste some information I had in an appointment (flight # info) and paste it into the flight tracker. Worked great.

But only editable fields is a limitation. I'd also like to see an Undo feature.
    I heard you can CP by holding down on the gesture area and moving your finger across the text. Maybe this is the way to do it in places other than edible text fields. Can somebody try it out and tell me how it works?
    Quote Originally Posted by morplatt View Post
    Can somebody try it out and tell me how it works?
    It doesn't
  7.    #27  
    The gotcha list is growing. I want to like this phone and if I lived in a world were there was no such thing as a Blackberry and I had never used an iPhone I would be ecstatic. Compared to WM and in a small way Android this phone is amazing. Positioned against the iPhone and the Blackberry its just too crippled right now to even call it competition.
    If you can't copy anything on the browser seems to be logical you can't copy anything on the entire UI, because the browser is in fact the UI.

But there are good news: as soon as an update let's you copy from the browser, you'll be able to copy on the entire UI.
    Quote Originally Posted by plessdude View Post
    The gotcha list is growing. I want to like this phone and if I lived in a world were there was no such thing as a Blackberry and I had never used an iPhone I would be ecstatic. Compared to WM and in a small way Android this phone is amazing. Positioned against the iPhone and the Blackberry its just too crippled right now to even call it competition.
    Check out the "you got to be kidding me" on texting on the Pre

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...t-kidding.html
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12