Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So I found the Pre is using similar hash codes to the Treo. ##DATA# takes you to some network settings and if you press the "Menu" button in the lower right corner you have a choice of:

Browser
    MMSC URL
    Multimedia
    Advanced
    Restore

Press "Advanced" takes you to a menu that I suspect will lead to enabling NAI. Once again you're gonna need your MSL number.

I'm gonna work on this a bit and see what I can come up with..
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    So I found the Pre is using similar hash codes to the Treo. ##DATA# takes you to some network settings and if you press the "Menu" button in the lower right corner you have a choice of:

Browser
    MMSC URL
    Multimedia
    Advanced
    Restore

Press "Advanced" takes you to a menu that I suspect will lead to enabling NAI. Once again you're gonna need your MSL number.

I'm gonna work on this a bit and see what I can come up with..
    Now that I slept I know what your talking about. I tried to get the guy to give me my MSL but he wouldn't. I will have to call it in later today.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Sweet...tethering right around the corner.
    I have no idea what you guys are talking about.... dang I feel dumb!
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    For those of us new to Sprint, can you explain a little further?
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by buyrihn View Post
    For those of us new to Sprint, can you explain a little further?
    In order to tether your laptop you have to enable NAI (Network Access Identifier) this is used to identifying users who request access to a network.

Usually you need a hack or enable this through a menu. In order to get to the programming menus you use hash codes. Hash codes bring up these special network menus. It appears the Pre uses common hash codes to the Treo.

Enter ##3282# on your keypad in phone mode and you'll see what I mean. That menu is chuck full of settings. ##786# is the phone information menu and on the Pre allows you to reset it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    Now that I slept I know what your talking about. I tried to get the guy to give me my MSL but he wouldn't. I will have to call it in later today.
    Will they actually give you the MSL over the phone? Do I just call *2? Is there something special to say?
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Another standard code that doesn't do much on the pre is: ##EVDO# (##3826#)

The other codes posted are known as ##DATA# (##3282#) and ##RTN# (##786#)

These codes have been around sprint phones for a LONG time (well evdo, since evdo came out)

and if you get your MSL somehow.. ##MSL# is how you normally manually program a phone which has some other useful settings in it. With the pre rumored to not have manual activation, I'm curious what is in the MSL Menu.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by RenardRouge View Post
    Will they actually give you the MSL over the phone? Do I just call *2? Is there something special to say?
    I started a new thread on how I got the MSL
    http://forums.precentral.net/1644813-post1.html
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by pullingj View Post
    ...and if you get your MSL somehow.. ##MSL# is how you normally manually program a phone which has some other useful settings in it. With the pre rumored to not have manual activation, I'm curious what is in the MSL Menu.
    ##MSL# doesn't work on the Pre I suspect it is because ##DATA# includes all the settings of provisioning and more.
    I started a new thread on how I got the MSL
    good posting, i was going to say that too
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    In order to tether your laptop you have to enable NAI
    When you say enable NAI, is there a way to know when it's enabled? Reason I ask is because when I go to Device Info and then click on the More info button, at the very bottom I see a section for NAI which lists my sprintpcs.com email address. Wondering if this means anything?
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pullingj View Post
    Another standard code that doesn't do much on the pre is: ##EVDO# (##3826#)

The other codes posted are known as ##DATA# (##3282#) and ##RTN# (##786#)

These codes have been around sprint phones for a LONG time (well evdo, since evdo came out)

and if you get your MSL somehow.. ##MSL# is how you normally manually program a phone which has some other useful settings in it. With the pre rumored to not have manual activation, I'm curious what is in the MSL Menu.
    I can't believe I forgot to mention ##DEBUG# (##33284#). Another code that has been around for ever. This screen shows many useful items including signal strength which is RSSI value. this value is in db, so a "smaller" number is better. (-94 is stronger than -100).

Looking through it you actually have values called rx and tx power (in dbm). not sure what the difference between those and rssi value is.
    I may be wrong, but I think you can get your msl# by dialing ##671648#. This is how a sprint tech talked me through configuration after porting my number.
    would they change you msl when you get a new phone? I have my msl from the instink that I traded up from but will that be of use to me with my Pre?
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rdgoeson4ever View Post
    I may be wrong, but I think you can get your msl# by dialing ##671648#. This is how a sprint tech talked me through configuration after porting my number.
    That IS the MSL number. You can access the MDN/MSID edit options by entering ## Your_MSL # as well...
    Quote Originally Posted by rdgoeson4ever View Post
    Hehe... That's either your msl # or a temp msl.
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    NAI will only make it possible to tether without a PAM plan. You won't be any closer to actually getting the phone itself to tether.
    >++++++++++[<+++++++>-]<.>+++[<+++++>-]<.>+++[<------>-]<.>++[<++++>-]<.>++++++[<------->-]<-.>+++++++[<++++++++>-]<+.>++[<----->-]<.>++[<+++>-]<.>++++[<------------->-]<..
    Just called and asked for my MSL over the phone and they were a bit hesitant, but gave it me.

He asked why I wanted it and I said I need to do a total data reset. He asked if I was a store rep, and I said no....long pause and he said here it is ....
    Sprint customer since 1998.
    Treo 600p ->Treo 650p -> Treo 700p -> Treo 800W ->PRE!
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Av8torA320 View Post
    Just called and asked for my MSL over the phone and they were a bit hesitant, but gave it me.

He asked why I wanted it and I said I need to do a total data reset. He asked if I was a store rep, and I said no....long pause and he said here it is ....

poor rep
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast