View Poll Results: Are you having a dead pixel issue?

Voters
120. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, my Pre is has three or more dead pixels.

29 24.17%
  • Yes, my Pre has two dead pixels.

22 18.33%
  • Yes, my Pre has one dead pixel.

36 30.00%
  • I have dead pixel issues, but it doesn't bother me enough to count.

4 3.33%
  • Haven't bought the Pre, but this issue is bothering me.

14 11.67%
  • Haven't bought the Pre, and this issue isn't bothering me.

5 4.17%
  • I have no Dead Pixels

10 8.33%
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So i'm noticing a small pixel? within the screen almost dead center, it wont go away or change color when on differant screens...anyone else?
    Mine seems to have a haze underneath the screen. I can only see it when the screen is at an extreme angle or the screen is completely white.
    Well I got in line at 1am this morning at my nearest Spring store (35 miles away), finally got in at 8am and got my Pre! They were having problems with activations so I was sent home with my Pre. Sure enough the activation happened and everything on my Pre has been perfect.... EXCEPT the screen! I have 2 white frozen pixels stuck on the screen that are already very irritating. With Pre stocks so low and not knowing Sprints return policy I wonder how this would work? Is there any flashing program I can run to try and save the problem? Or if I want a Pre with a perfect display will I be forced to return mine? Thanks guys!
    Dead pixels are just that - dead. They can't be revived via any kind of "flash" process. Exchange if they'll let ya.
    “Wolves are the top of the food chain, and when the wolf population is healthy, all other animal and plant populations are healthy.” -- Lois Tulleners
    Take it back. I think you'll find you'll be among several doing the same thing unfortunately....
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    Im glad mine is working fine!
    Wow to add to this frustration I just rebooted my Pre and I have about 5 frozen pixels scattered and on the black boot screen it really looks awful!

Quote Originally Posted by noto220 View Post
    Im glad mine is working fine!
    Haven't had a chance to run through the forums yet.. Is this common?

Quote Originally Posted by treobk214 View Post
    Take it back. I think you'll find you'll be among several doing the same thing unfortunately....
    I, too am suffering from a dead pixel. Thankfully it's on the lower portion of the screen so it's hard to see.

Does anyone know if Sprint will exchange a phone bought from Best Buy? Because they aren't getting any more in anytime soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    So i'm noticing a small pixel? within the screen almost dead center, it wont go away or change color when on differant screens...anyone else?
    I'm not sure it's a dead pixel. I was noticing this on my screen too, if you hold it right you can see that there are points on the screen, like were the touch part is and I only notice it in certain light. I think its more to do with the plastic screen not the LCD it's self. It's to hard to say, I got 30 days and it's not like I can get a replacement right now were I live so I'll play with it a bit more and see.

I'm definitely impressed by the phone so far other wise. Guess there is always snafu's and design problems with a phone on a day one purchase. I also have the insurance so I could always claim the phone as damaged. $100 is better than $500.
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    Well I def have a stuck green pixel. Pretty annoying but I got the only Pre my Best Buy had, so I'll deal with it for now.
    I havent noticed any screen issues with mine so far luckily. I'm almost afraid to look too hard though because once something like a dead pixel is noticed your eyes tend to fixate on it. But within the first 30 days I will make sure to give it a good look over in case an issue crops up where an exchange is in order.
    That is usually my luck but not today.. I should play the lottery..
    All of these issues are making me glad I'm ending up waiting a week or two before buying.

Either there will be a better batch or Palm will be a dead company by then.
    Quote Originally Posted by hypocaffeinemia View Post
    All of these issues are making me glad I'm ending up waiting a week or two before buying.

Either there will be a better batch or Palm will be a dead company by then.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshH37 View Post
    Haven't had a chance to run through the forums yet.. Is this common?
    Yeah, unfortunately, you're not the only one, man. See if you can return it for another one today in fact. Why suffer with that.
    my screen has splotches all over it... especially noticable when you have a white bg... oh well... I'll take it back later... still works fine
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    I've got two dead pixels as well. They are only noticeable when the phone is on the black bootup screen however. Don't even notice them once I'm loaded up so probably won't bother with a return.
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathan likes the pre View Post

Unfortunately, this is EXACTLY what I was afraid of when this thing debuted.....
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast