View Poll Results: Are you having a dead pixel issue?

Voters
120. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, my Pre is has three or more dead pixels.

29 24.17%
  • Yes, my Pre has two dead pixels.

22 18.33%
  • Yes, my Pre has one dead pixel.

36 30.00%
  • I have dead pixel issues, but it doesn't bother me enough to count.

4 3.33%
  • Haven't bought the Pre, but this issue is bothering me.

14 11.67%
  • Haven't bought the Pre, and this issue isn't bothering me.

5 4.17%
  • I have no Dead Pixels

10 8.33%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    are you guys talking about dead pixels or a stuck one? I have one that when the screen is completely black will show up with some color but that's a stuck pixel and when there is any color other than black you can't even see it.
    I would suggest returning it. However, make sure you check the new replacement for yellow blotches when running allot of apps, already dead pixels, and any hardware issues. Make sure that the one you walk out of the store is better than the one you had before.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Hm, guess I'll stick it out, then. Doesn't seem like too much of an issue.

I only see it if I have a background that has black on the bottom half inch of the screen or if I have a notification. And of course when turning on the pre, but I don't see me doing that often at all. I should be alright. Maybe I should be thankful that's all I have to worry about.
    Yes I too now have noticed two dead pixels. My plan is to wait until I receive conclusive reports about Palm fixing their production issues before I go in and exchange it for a new one. I have TEP and if I didn't by now I'd have started it before the 30 day period was up.
    After the first few days I noticed what I thought was 1 stuck pixel. This past weekend I saw about 5 more but then realized that the first one was actually a group of them clumped just off center of the screen. I could live with that for a little longer but this weekend mine decided to restart on it's own a few times while browsing. The only card open at the time was the browser. My replacement should be here today so hopefully it will come from a better production run.
    no you cant see them in Screenshots, i have a large dead pixled in the bottom left side of my phone and i took a complete black screen shot where you can see the dead pixel clearly and it doesnt show on the screen shot image.
    Is it that bad? Should I live with it? How much wiggle should I expect from the unit when the slider is closed?
    Stuck Pixel Fix for iPhone Send that link to your phone and run the stuck pixel fix on it. It could help with stuck pixels.
    If it is a stuck pixel, try the iphone stuck pixel fixer that was linked in another thread. It has helped some people, just dont stare too long at it or you will have a seizure . If you have absolutely no other issues other than 1 stuck pixel and a slight wiggle, no I would not risk getting a worse phone. How much play do you have: 0.5 - 1 mm ish? That would be normal for a slider phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcydon View Post
    Is it that bad? Should I live with it? How much wiggle should I expect from the unit when the slider is closed?
    That program is worth a shot but if it doesn't work TAKE IT BACK until they get it right! No excuses for poor quality with the amount of money we shell out for these phones.
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    seriously..im exchanging mine for the second time now..ive got burn marks in every corner and along the bottom..3 dead pixels...but today i dropped it..it was in its sleeping bag but was under my lap under taco bells wrappers and i forgot and got out of the car and it fell..got a small gash on the top of the screen (right where the light sensors are next to the earpiece)..the first one had random reboot issues and i dropped that one too while at work on some rocky ground and gashed the top by the power button..they didnt seem to care..at radio shack they actually didnt even know how to do the exchange..he said "ive never had someone exchange a device before" and just checked for the accessories and gave me a new one...so lets hope all goes well
    First pre had 2 stuck red pixels. Second pre had a tiny bubble in the screen plastic that looked like a 1 or 2 dead pixels. Third pre is perfect. (Except for a loose slider...but I think most of them are like that.
    Why would you not include ZERO stuck pixels in the poll?

Mine has ZERO!!!
    Palm Pre
    (formerly TouchPro, iPhone 3G, Curve, 8800, Treo800p, E61, N9300, Treo 700p ,Treo 600, I500, I330, Treo 300, I300, 6035)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wirelessness View Post
    Why would you not include ZERO stuck pixels in the poll?

Mine has ZERO!!!
    Added

Edit: OT - Your Avatar was my first Pda/Phone - Amazing in it's day.
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Added

Edit: OT - Your Avatar was my first Pda/Phone - Amazing in it's day.
    By my recollection the 6035 was the FIRST Smartphone. Definitely my first!!!
    Palm Pre
    (formerly TouchPro, iPhone 3G, Curve, 8800, Treo800p, E61, N9300, Treo 700p ,Treo 600, I500, I330, Treo 300, I300, 6035)
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456