View Poll Results: Are you having a dead pixel issue?

Voters
120. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, my Pre is has three or more dead pixels.

    29 24.17%
  • Yes, my Pre has two dead pixels.

    22 18.33%
  • Yes, my Pre has one dead pixel.

    36 30.00%
  • I have dead pixel issues, but it doesn't bother me enough to count.

    4 3.33%
  • Haven't bought the Pre, but this issue is bothering me.

    14 11.67%
  • Haven't bought the Pre, and this issue isn't bothering me.

    5 4.17%
  • I have no Dead Pixels

    10 8.33%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 115
  1. #81  
    Quote Originally Posted by mosdl View Post
    That is a defect and you should exchange it.
    I would exchange it... only I got it from Best Buy and they have no more stock! Very upsetting.... It's only a little thing... but I want my baby Pre to be perfect. Is that so wrong?
  2. #82  
    Quote Originally Posted by toolbox123 View Post
    I would exchange it... only I got it from Best Buy and they have no more stock! Very upsetting.... It's only a little thing... but I want my baby Pre to be perfect. Is that so wrong?
    I'm in the same boat you are. I mean, I only have one tiny green one in the bottom left corner that you can only see under the darkest backgrounds, but it still sucks. Once you notice it, it's all you look at.
  3. #83  
    I too have a blue stuck pixel. It's only visible on a black screen such as the start up screen, and its right in the middle, above the M of Palm upon startup. I can't decide what to do. It's only visible close up, and only on a black screen. I wish I hadn't looked for dead pixels.

    Do you guys think I should exchange it? My concern is that everything else about my screen and my Pre is perfect, and I don't want to get a new one with even worse problems. Argh, I don't know what to do.
  4. rijc99#WN's Avatar
    Posts
    66 Posts
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    #84  
    Quote Originally Posted by amorican View Post
    I too have a blue stuck pixel. It's only visible on a black screen such as the start up screen, and its right in the middle, above the M of Palm upon startup. I can't decide what to do. It's only visible close up, and only on a black screen. I wish I hadn't looked for dead pixels.

    Do you guys think I should exchange it? My concern is that everything else about my screen and my Pre is perfect, and I don't want to get a new one with even worse problems. Argh, I don't know what to do.
    Same here, a couple of stuck pixs but otherwise my phone is working great. Battery lie has been stellar. Would hate to trade it in for a lemon.
  5. #85  
    I exchanged my Pre with 2 stuck pixels for a Pre with a large spec of dust under the screen. I guess I can live with the dust.
  6. hrabadie's Avatar
    Posts
    17 Posts
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    #86  
    Okay, so I'm not as smart as some of you guys on here so I want your advice.

    I have one dead pixel and a little light distortion. It doesn't really bother me but I do know that my Pre is not "perfect".

    My question is: should I automatically replace it now, or wait until something worse happens in like 2 months or so.. I have insurance so that isn't a huge deal on price.. I just don't know if its worth taking someone else's when I have just one tiny imperfection. The dead pixel is at the top left of the screen and in text (which I usually have open) you can't even see that its there unless you really look for it.

    So should I get it replaced and go through the hassle of tracking down a pre in my area or just wait until I do something stupid during football season and not worry about one pixel?

    thanks for any advice on "what you would do"
  7. #87  
    If you do the exchange soon (withing your 30 days) the replacement device will be of no charge. If you wait and bang up the phone a little and your 30 days pass, you'll more than likely be hit with a deductible. I'd go ahead and try and get another one now.
  8. Evan78's Avatar
    Posts
    19 Posts
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    #88  
    I would wait until stores actually have them on hand without being sold out most of the time. If you try it now, it may be a bigger headache due to limited availability. You've got until the end of the warranty period (12 months, I assume).
  9. Evan78's Avatar
    Posts
    19 Posts
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    #89  
    I believe this is a warranty issue that would not involve the insurance. Isn't insurance for if you lose it or break it? If the device has a problem develop through normal use, the manufacturer warranty should take care of it at no cost to you.
  10. #90  
    It is a warranty issue and with life like it is, I would have it replaced as soon as possible.
  11. #91  
    I already exchanged mine for random screen taps, now the new one has a stuck pixel. I've spent way too much time at the sprint store for this thing...
  12. hrabadie's Avatar
    Posts
    17 Posts
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    #92  
    its not really about the insurance, its about the device, i just dont want it to keep happening but i dont want them to think i did it to the device.. i mean obviously i cant "deaden" a pixel myself right?

    i'm on the waitlist at the store in my area so if they call me relatively soon then i guess i can swap it out no problem.. but if they never call i wont bother i guess..

    thanks guys!
  13. excberry's Avatar
    Posts
    26 Posts
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    #93  
    mine has an array of dead pixels that are especially visible on the green screen of the screen test (in device info, click more info, and click on the preferences menu). they are evenly spaced and disappear at different angles. the majority of asdf.com uses a black screen and i used it to find another dead pixel.

    i have no insurance. it's been about 3 days since i got this phone and i'm gonna take it back for a new one. i'll let you guys no what happens.

    EDIT: this array is not a set of dead pixels. when the screen is off i could still see them. they are connected diagonally by tiny lines. this must serve some kinda of purpose. i'm returning it anyway because of the dead pixel i found on on the black screen and i also noticed a small screen crack on the bottom right.
    Last edited by excpre; 06/21/2009 at 03:30 AM.
  14. #94  
    Quote Originally Posted by excpre View Post
    mine has an array of dead pixels that are especially visible on the green screen of the screen test (in device info, click more info, and click on the preferences menu). they are evenly spaced and disappear at different angles. the majority of asdf.com uses a black screen and i used it to find another dead pixel.

    i have no insurance. it's been about 3 days since i got this phone and i'm gonna take it back for a new one. i'll let you guys no what happens.

    EDIT: this array is not a set of dead pixels. when the screen is off i could still see them. they are connected diagonally by tiny lines. this must serve some kinda of purpose. i'm returning it anyway because of the dead pixel i found on on the black screen and i also noticed a small screen crack on the bottom right.
    um, that's your touchscreen.
  15. fatboypup's Avatar
    Posts
    36 Posts
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    #95  
    my first launch day pre had 3 stuck pixels ........ my new replacement has 4 or 5 ..... ugh ......... i have double accessories and an extra battery now thou
  16. #96  
    I just got my first dead pixel. I noticed it just about half an hour earlier. I was watching the video posted on here comparing the Pre to the 3g and 3gs in terms of start up time, internet load time, and sending a picture message, and I decided to do the start up time test myself because I couldn't believe it took so long. I turned my pre off for the first time since I got it (which was actually yesterday, so a bit less impressive) and I noticed it had a dead pixel. What do you guys think I should do?

    I'm moving up to Tampa for summer sessions at USF tomorrow early morning so I can't exchange it at the mall here where my mom bought it, but apparently there is a corporate store in Tampa so I could check that out. Any ideas on what they could do for me? If I should do anything at all? Is 1 dead pixel not that big of a deal or should I be on the search for that perfect device like many others are?
  17. #97  
    Can you show a pic of what it looks like? I wouldn't want a dead pixel I can guarantee you that... Just curious do you have one of those plastic shields?
  18. #98  
    No shield yet. My mom tried ordering it over the phone when we found out Sunday that our mall had pres but it's getting here tomorrow literally hours after I leave. I'll take a picture, though.

    Actually, I'm kind of curious...can you see a dead pixel with a screen shot from the pre itself? I'm kind of confused on that. I wouldn't think so, but I could be wrong...
    Last edited by NewbieX2; 06/22/2009 at 07:53 PM.
  19. #99  
    I'll bet you anything you already had the dead pixel and just noticed it.
    I have two dead pixels on my screen, but the phone is otherwise perfect.

    I have to actually go hunting for the dead ones and can only see them when I look for them on a pure white screen.
    For me I decided it wasn't enough to return / exchange the phone as I really don't ever even see them.

    If the phone is otherwise perfect, I wouldn't even bother exchanging.
    In fact, they may not even exchange it for just one dead pixel.

    Just my opinion.
    Went from iPhone to Pre and love it!
  20. #100  
    yea if mine had one dead pixel i would be thrilled. im going on my 3rd pre now and i hope a dead pixel is the max of my problems
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions