View Poll Results: Are you having a dead pixel issue?

Voters
120. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, my Pre is has three or more dead pixels.

29 24.17%
  • Yes, my Pre has two dead pixels.

22 18.33%
  • Yes, my Pre has one dead pixel.

36 30.00%
  • I have dead pixel issues, but it doesn't bother me enough to count.

4 3.33%
  • Haven't bought the Pre, but this issue is bothering me.

14 11.67%
  • Haven't bought the Pre, and this issue isn't bothering me.

5 4.17%
  • I have no Dead Pixels

10 8.33%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    good to see that Palm has worked out all their QC issues.
    I have a dead pixel on my pre at the bottom right hand corner. I see it all the time in my lock screen but when i unlock it i dont see it anymore. Since i got my phone yesterday should i just return it or just deal with it since its so small??
    I would return/ exchange it. Even though dead pixels occurs on other phones and MP3 devices, for a $500/ $300 device, you should expect it to be near flawless.
  4. Duo
    I would exchange it.
    I have at least 1, plus some hot spots on the screen from the backlight at the base.. I am going to go back to Sprint this week and see if they can do anything for me..
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    Isn't there a dead pixel rule like 5 or more or something. The wife has 2 that her non-geek eye didn't notice but I spotted it immediately. If I point it out she'll go nuts so I'm waiting to see if more pop up and is exchangeable.
    Is a pre with a dead pixel exchangeable?
    Anyone got a pic of the dead pixels so I know what to look for?
    Here, pull this website up on your phone. LCD Dead Pixel Test Backgrounds

Usually, one of these colors will show up a dead pixel, which won't turn into that particular color. Also, it could be stuck on one specific color, such as... Green, or Blue, or Black, or White
    Quote Originally Posted by live001 View Post
    I have a dead pixel on my pre at the bottom right hand corner. I see it all the time in my lock screen but when i unlock it i dont see it anymore. Since i got my phone yesterday should i just return it or just deal with it since its so small??
    I think I have one in that area too but I can only see it during boot.
    Quote Originally Posted by barrysanders20 View Post
    I would return/ exchange it. Even though dead pixels occurs on other phones and MP3 devices, for a $500/ $300 device, you should expect it to be near flawless.
    Yeah this is exactly what im saying. I PAID $400 yesterday for this phone and i think it should be perfect when i walk out the store.
    Yea I'm gonna just go in for an ESN swap since the 2nd Pre I bought is practically perfect save for the backlighting issues that everyone has. If I care enough at some point in the next couple of weeks, I'll get it exchanged but otherwise I'm a happy camper.
    Well guys just to follow up on yesterday, and sorry it wasn't sooner I had a very busy day yesterday. Well After being number 5 in a line of over 30 and driving from over 30 miles away to get my Pre as you all can expect I was everything but happy when I saw that my brand new phone had 5 stuck pixels in the colors green and white. After a quick call back to the rep at the store that sold me my phone he was giving me my options.

#1 This store had set aside a number of Pre's from the regular selling stock in the event that something like what happened with me were to happen they would have a phone to replace it with. The Sawmill store had 75 Pre's in stock and 5 were set back for replacements. He could hold me one for 48 hours until I had time to make the hour+ drive back down.

#2 He said he could order me one now and it would come into the store but I would have more time to pick it up as he did not know when more would be coming in.

#3 Mail my phone to the store upon receiving they would send me another Pre

#4 File an insurance claim.

Well obviously I want my Pre as fast as possible so I went with number one and somehow manage to squeeze some hours in to get back down there and get it replaced. My sales rep told me that I was the second "reported case" of this in the country and that they would have no problem taking care of me. Now not to post specifics as not everyones situation will be the same as mine but I ended up getting "above and beyond" service as far as just having my Pre replaced. I spent maybe ten minutes in the store and was taken care of beyond just having my Pre replaced.

As a new Sprint customer I was a little unhappy they didn't have a service similar to Verizon where they could send me a replacement and then I would just toss my old one in the pre-paid box and send it back. I assume this could be because they don't have replacement Pre's in their service centers yet.

Overall I would say I was happy with my experience and the new phone looks to have no issues although I am terrified to shut it off and check the black boot screen. Pre has been awesome in terms of normal use even though with a bachelor party yesterday I didn't get to use it all that much.
    I have 1 Dead/Stuck Pixel on my lock screen and about 4 on start up. I called the store today and they said they would exchange it.

Does this really warrant an exchange though? I paid 600 with tax on my Pre so I would expect there to be no dead pixels. At least not in a Brand new device.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Anyone try this link to fix a stuck pixel?

Kill Dead Pixel – an image of flushing square to fix your dead pixels for your LCD monitor! Drag and drop to those dead spots!

You're supposed to simply run the image over the stuck pixel area to rapidly turn it off and on. Supposedly this can fix the stuck pixel. Anyone have any luck with this?
    I thought I had some dead pixels... but upon further investigation it turns out to be some kind of dust or something sandwiched between the LCD and the plastic over the screen.... Anyone expirience this?
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mbaker911 View Post
    Anyone try this link to fix a stuck pixel?
    Kill Dead Pixel an image of flushing square to fix your dead pixels for your LCD monitor! Drag and drop to those dead spots![/url]

You're supposed to simply run the image over the stuck pixel area to rapidly turn it off and on. Supposedly this can fix the stuck pixel. Anyone have any luck with this?
    Completely bogus. Sorry.

I have at least 5 dead pixels. Apple's official policy on this is that if they threw out every display with one or more dead pixels, the price would skyrocket- so they only replace devices with 5 + stuck pixels.

That said, I'm taking mine in.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by toolbox123 View Post
    I thought I had some dead pixels... but upon further investigation it turns out to be some kind of dust or something sandwiched between the LCD and the plastic over the screen.... Anyone expirience this?
    That is a defect and you should exchange it.
    I had a dead/stuck pixel on my phone as well. Stuck on green actually. I stopped by the Sprint store this morning and they swapped it out for a new one. No fuss, no muss.
    Well the pre has some sort of interactive test you can run your pre through to test the hardware on your phone. Just go to your launcher. Go to device info. Then to more options then go to the top to preferences. Once the drop down menu pops up go to interactive test and they're are a few test up there to test the hardware on your phone.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast