View Poll Results: Are you having a dead pixel issue?

Voters
120. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, my Pre is has three or more dead pixels.

29 24.17%
  • Yes, my Pre has two dead pixels.

22 18.33%
  • Yes, my Pre has one dead pixel.

36 30.00%
  • I have dead pixel issues, but it doesn't bother me enough to count.

4 3.33%
  • Haven't bought the Pre, but this issue is bothering me.

14 11.67%
  • Haven't bought the Pre, and this issue isn't bothering me.

5 4.17%
  • I have no Dead Pixels

10 8.33%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    ya know, you might be onto something. I have a couple spots on my screen that if you look at it just right almost like like dead/stuck pixels but they go away when at a normal angle.
  2. enjoyingsilence
    thank you Dieter. My apologies for creating a new thread folks. I did not, repeat, did not refresh the main forums, and was running from a minimized window I had opened , oh say somewhere between 5-7 this morning So I haven't seen the new threads.
    Keep in mind there's a difference between "dead" (always black) and "stuck" (always on) pixels. I've got two stuck red pixels. I don't think they were there the first time I started it up...but maybe I was just too excited.
    Quote Originally Posted by ken@weboshelp.net View Post
    Keep in mind there's a difference between "dead" (always black) and "stuck" (always on) pixels. I've got two stuck red pixels. I don't think they were there the first time I started it up...but maybe I was just too excited.
    I've got one stuck red pixel as well... I'm just gonna swap it out on Monday. I doubt my store has any left in stock and I don't care THAT much. And also I wanna play with it!
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    Mine has two dead pixels. Doesn't bother me much, but it's really a matter that is bothering me...
    I got lucky with mine, no backlight bleed or dead pixels. I did get a dead pixel on my Garmin GPS unit though.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    My pre has a dead pixel as well as backlight bleeding problems. What is sprints polic? Can i exchange my pre with no problems and not have to pay any restocking fees? how many days do i have to exchange? thanks
    Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    You're missing a poll item: Bought the Pre but have no dead/stuck pixels.
  9.    #49  
    Mine has a horrible bubble in the center, I'm cool with the "distortion" on the bottom part, but the bubble is dead center.....ergh....still I'm typing on it now!
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    Stupid poll, sorry, but no option for no dead pixel? How can you get an accurate count?
    Quote Originally Posted by Webby_s View Post
    Stupid poll, sorry, but no option for no dead pixel? How can you get an accurate count?
    +1
    No light bleed through or dead pixels. No bubbles that I can see. I do notice a clicking noise when squeezing the the top left corner together with my thumb and fore finger. Looks a small space between the two halves at the top left corner.

Not happy about that......

Quote Originally Posted by beret9987 View Post
    I've got one stuck red pixel as well... I'm just gonna swap it out on Monday. I doubt my store has any left in stock and I don't care THAT much. And also I wanna play with it!
    So are we allowed to exchange for a new pre without paying any fees? I have a red pixel too
    Yes, I've got two dead spots on my screen. One looks like a single dead pixel, another looks like a circular area of squashed LCD. No worries, will just exchange it once supply evens out, but that means at least a months wait.

Damn post count limitation. I'd post pictures but NOOOO I need 10 posts first. . . *(#&%$#(*
    can someone please post a picture or explain to me what it looks like?
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    I have some too. Its not a deal breaker but it does need to be addressed.
    My first one was bad, it had all the problems people are talking about. I exchanged it and this one has been great.
    no problems with mine, whatsoever. quite happy.
    What happens when you take back your pre to exchange for a new one and the second one is probably worse than the first? are they going to keep opening new pres until your satisfied?
    Quote Originally Posted by defaudio21 View Post
    What happens when you take back your pre to exchange for a new one and the second one is probably worse than the first? are they going to keep opening new pres until your satisfied?
    I remember back when the Treo 700p was having a lot of problems that someone on this forum said he had 9 bad replacement 700p units, I think they actually would keep exchanging phones till you got a good one.
    garinballbarin
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast