Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So tell me, am I lyin'?
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    why do you want to annoy everyone around you with a loud ringer? I hate when people have loud ringers. Maybe it's just me, but i always just have vibrate with no ringer and put it in my pocket so i don't bother anyone else.
    I've heard a couple people complain about this but I find it pretty loud on mine when turned up all the way.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    I asked this elsewhere but is that something that only a hardware update can change or can software do anything about volume as my old pocket tunes did by amplifying the sound or boosting it.
  5.    #5  
    This includes the alarm too. I still gotta wake up.

Vibrate doesn't work for everyone in every situation. Try being outside doing real man's work with a phone on your belt and vibrate doesn't mean ****

At least you didn't call me a liar. The ringer sucks compared to my BB.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by dp135 View Post
    I asked this elsewhere but is that something that only a hardware update can change or can software do anything about volume as my old pocket tunes did by amplifying the sound or boosting it.
    This is deja vu all over again. When the iPhone first came out (and I bought one) their boards were overflowing with threads about this. I returned mine primarily because I couldn't hear it ring, simple as that.
    Is there a separate ringer volume for alarm and ringers/texts?

Also, is there a silent ringer for ringers/texts?
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    ya..how the heck do you make the text/email ringers louder or even change the alert tones...??
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Ive been looking for a way to change the text message alert sound and volume, so far havent found it. Also havent found a way to turn the sound off on the dialing screen which is slightly annoying. The ringer is ok, could be louder but it'd just be obnoxious. Im still happy.
    I missed a call from my wife earlier but that was before I was able to go to sounds and turn it up.
    We'll see how it goes.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Isn't is pretty easy to just make your own ringer with a HIGH volume, not too high though, you might blow the speakers out =]
    ringer sucks.. not loud enough...
    no LED to show missed call, etc.....
    ringers suck!......
    cant assign alarm to a time to every specific day of the week!
    so far cant change color of dialer....

and so on.....

someone please come up with a way to hack this thing....

Other than that I like it! ha
    I just don't understand why they didn't take into account the iPhone's shortcomings (that were being complained about TWO YEARS AGO) and address them.
    There is a solution by increasing the db's of the Ringer by using the free program called Mp3 Gain (MP3Gain). Attach your PRE to your computer via USB, Run mp3 gain, navigate to the Pre's Ringer folder, select all the ringer mp'3 (Or add you own), then raise the db to 100..run the program and Viola!!

Works great!

Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 800W -> Launch Day Pre (RIP 08/13/10) -> Replacement PRE
    ...so i'm probably alone in thinking the ringers volumes are plenty loud?
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Everyone has difference preferences. The above mp3gain solution should do it for those who want it extra loud
    It's my experience that the built in ringers are not very loud so to speak... They probably are not as loud as some of us would like but perfect for me. In my experience the custom mp3 ringtones I've made for myself are 10 times louder than the ones that come on the device
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Seems loud enough to me. My Mogul's ringer wasn't any louder than this and I never had problems hearing it either.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    It's been mentioned... MP3 GAIN.

The Pre is different than the iPhone... Since you can connect the phone to your computer and access it under USB mode, you can pull the ringer files out and modify them. You can also easily add your own louder files if you want.
    Here's a link to the original post about using MP3 Gain:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post1649224

And here's a link to another post which gives step-by-step instructions on how to actually fix the problem:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post1650085

Hope this helps!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast