Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    I have a Sero plan that I adore, but am looking to sell. I purchased a Pre this morning and explained that I wanted to keep the same number, but an ESN swap would not work; I was assured I would be able to swap numbers simply.

Of course, that turned out not to be the case. Apparently, an ESN swap is the only way, but of course that is an impossibility.

Is there any way for me to get the number on my Sero plan onto this phone? When I asked about cloning the Sero number to a prepaid phone all I got was confusion...
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    I did exactly that an hour after picking up my phone by calling customer support. They will basically move the numbers between the plans, i.e. move your Pre to your old SERO line (not plan) and your old phone to your Everything Data. Tell them you simply want to do an internal LNP (line number porting). My old SERO line is working on my Pre as I write this...

If the rep doesn't know what you mean. Hang up and try with another rep.

Good luck!
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    This forum is a toilet bowl. You?

You are The ****.

Thanks, babe.
    Thank you for a legitimate SERO thread..
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    You're welcome. Here's a hidden benefit of this porting:

My new Everything Data plan contract now has the expiration date of my old SERO plan, and vice versa. Which basically means that in about six months time, I will be eligible for an upgrade on my Pre plan!
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stihl View Post
    This forum is a toilet bowl. You?

You are The ****.

Thanks, babe.
    If you want to return a favor, can you please help me in this thread... http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...es-please.html

Basically I need a zip of the default wallpapers and ringtones folders...
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    I think my Sero account was just permanently deleted.
    Quote Originally Posted by haydur View Post
    I did exactly that an hour after picking up my phone by calling customer support. They will basically move the numbers between the plans, i.e. move your Pre to your old SERO line (not plan) and your old phone to your Everything Data. Tell them you simply want to do an internal LNP (line number porting). My old SERO line is working on my Pre as I write this...

If the rep doesn't know what you mean. Hang up and try with another rep.

Good luck!
    Good god, I tried this twice to no avail. The idiots kept trying to do an ESN swap. I kept telling them to just move the numbers and not the plans, but they can't get it through their thick heads.

Do you by any chance remember what department you were in? I got transferred three times and finally the dude told me he couldn't do it.

Also, is the "internal line number porting" the Sprint lingo for this action?
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    I don't want to sound racist, but if you don't get an American rep, just hang up and redial.

Internal LNP is not Sprint lingo per se, but that's how I mentioned it to them and got things rolling. I dialed 611, then 3 for "Account Related" issues and then just zero to get to a human. I always prefer the "0" approach, because if you follow their predefined paths you are very likely to end up in the Philippines. Not that there's anything wrong with reps from the Philippines...
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    [duplicate post deleted]
    Last edited by haydur; 06/07/2009 at 02:44 PM.
    Haydur, you are the mother****ing man. I got my SERO number transferred to my Pre after countless hours of going through idiotic Sprint reps.

Finally, I got to "Technical Support" and they were the ones to help me. Basically, you need to make sure to tell them that you would like your Pre and Everything plan moved to your SERO number and your SERO phone/plan moved to your Everything plan number.

It gets confusing going back and forth referring between the two plans, but perseverance paid off. The reps always thought I was trying to take my Pre and associate it with the SERO plan/number. I had to do so re-provisioning (## then some numbers #) for it to work.
    I tried this for about an hour today with no luck. The rep seem to be making an effort but at the end of it she could not get access to the SERO account code.

She basically said the only way is to drop the SERO account, swap the phones then add the SERO code back andince she could not get the SERO code, she couldn't do it.
    I want to do this but can't even get Sprint to add a new (2nd line) line to my SERO account. I told them I wanted the Pre on the $69.99 Everything Data plan, but they said flat out that it can't be done unless I get off SERO first. What's the trick?
    Quote Originally Posted by fgkay View Post
    I want to do this but can't even get Sprint to add a new (2nd line) line to my SERO account. I told them I wanted the Pre on the $69.99 Everything Data plan, but they said flat out that it can't be done unless I get off SERO first. What's the trick?
    Probably just get a different rep. I got the pre on a new non-SERO line at the store without a hitch.
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fgkay View Post
    When I bought my phone at RadioShack the guy couldn't access my account thru his POS because of my SERO account. So he called in to Sprint, and they setup my account with $69.99 plan. They even offered me the ERP for $59.99 since I already have the SERO, but I told them I get a better rate by applying my 25% corp. discount to the $69.99 plan and they had no problem adding it.

Basically, when they try to setup a new contract for you, they are given the default option of the $59.99, and have to do some extra steps to get the $69.99 plan. If you don't qualify for a corp. discount, just get the $60 ERP.
    Quote Originally Posted by haydur View Post
    When I bought my phone at RadioShack the guy couldn't access my account thru his POS because of my SERO account. So he called in to Sprint, and they setup my account with $69.99 plan. They even offered me the ERP for $59.99 since I already have the SERO, but I told them I get a better rate by applying my 25% corp. discount to the $69.99 plan and they had no problem adding it.

Basically, when they try to setup a new contract for you, they are given the default option of the $59.99, and have to do some extra steps to get the $69.99 plan. If you don't qualify for a corp. discount, just get the $60 ERP.
    This is exactly what I want to do but the store won't budge. They claim they can't even 'touch' a SERO account. Maybe I'll try Best Buy since no Radio Shacks around here have any.
    I tried to get my SERO number moved to my Pre but was told that it could not be done.
    I just think the rep AND his supervisor did not know what they were talking about. He seemed to think that having a SERO account and being a Sprint employee were the same thing because he kept saying "As employees we can't even purchase the Pre for 60-90 days."
    Basically he was saying that I could not move the SERO number to the Pre because the SERO account is like an employee account and employees can't purchase the Pre yet.

Very frustrating.

btw, you can't add a line to a SERO account. You have to open a new line, which is what I did at Best Buy when I purchased the Pre. Even when the SERO plan was available you could not add a line to the SERO account, you had to open a new lines(s) if you wanted multiple phones on the SERO plan.
    Quote Originally Posted by purplecharm View Post
    btw, you can't add a line to a SERO account. You have to open a new line, which is what I did at Best Buy when I purchased the Pre. Even when the SERO plan was available you could not add a line to the SERO account, you had to open a new lines(s) if you wanted multiple phones on the SERO plan.
    I've been blown out of the water 2 times now at 2 different Sprint (Corporate) stores on this point. I want to open a new line on the $69.99/mo plan and have an exisiting SERO plan. Both stores have said I have to get off SERO first. When I asked them to open the new line on a standalone account they're telling me that it can't be done. The reason is that when they run my SSN for the credit check, my existing account will come up in their system and they can't open another account on the same SSN.
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    That's why I never purchase new contracts at corp stores. Try a RadioShack or a BB and if can't touch ur account they will call up sales support because they are trully interested in making a sale...
    I was able to add a new line to my SERO account for the $69.99 plan at a corp sprint store. But I asked for my company discount to be applied to the new line and was told it was fine. Then after I sign my contract and after I'm completely done with the process and my friend is buying her phone, the salesrep tells me that she couldn't add the company discount to my account because I already have a discounted plan. Tried 3 different customer reps and am currently in discussions with executive customer service to try and get something out of this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast