Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by fgkay View Post
    I've been blown out of the water 2 times now at 2 different Sprint (Corporate) stores on this point. I want to open a new line on the $69.99/mo plan and have an exisiting SERO plan. Both stores have said I have to get off SERO first. When I asked them to open the new line on a standalone account they're telling me that it can't be done. The reason is that when they run my SSN for the credit check, my existing account will come up in their system and they can't open another account on the same SSN.

Before I bought the Pre, I called Sprint to verify that I could open another line to get the Pre, as I did not want to run into any problems due the whole SERO block that Sprint has put in place. The rep I spoke to told me that I could open another line to get the Pre with one of the everything plans.

When I got to Best Buy on Saturday, the only problem I had was that they could not view my account in the system, probably because of SERO, so they had to manually process my order over the phone with Sprint.

Try Best Buy or Radio Shack.
    Last edited by purplecharm; 06/09/2009 at 08:44 AM.
    Global Posts
    741 Global Posts
    Great idea, open a ERP on your account with another number, swap phone numbers and then sell your sero plan. I like it.
    Haydur,
    Just to clarify, which of the following scenarios describes the result of what you did with Sprint? Each is a combination of plan, device, and phone number.

Scenario 1: only number ported
    Plan-New
    Device-New
    Number-Old

Plan-Old
    Device-Old
    Number-New

----OR-----
    Scenario 2: number and device ported

Plan-New
    Number-Old
    Device-Old

Plan-Old
    Number-New
    Device-New

It's the second scenario that's really interesting if it took place, because that might indicate that once a Pre is initially activated on a valid plan then it could be moved to a SERO plan.
    Quote Originally Posted by kaze0 View Post
    I was able to add a new line to my SERO account for the $69.99 plan at a corp sprint store. But I asked for my company discount to be applied to the new line and was told it was fine. Then after I sign my contract and after I'm completely done with the process and my friend is buying her phone, the salesrep tells me that she couldn't add the company discount to my account because I already have a discounted plan. Tried 3 different customer reps and am currently in discussions with executive customer service to try and get something out of this.
    I had the same issue with my employee discount on the ERP plan of $59.99. I had it applied for 3 months and then Sprint removed it saying that my plan was already discounted. My two year contract was up, I called retentions and explained politely that I would re-sign if my discount was re-applied. She took care of it in a matter of seconds and did not even flinch. She also said it should never be an issue again. (There is always someone at Sprint CS who can help, just have to find the right department or a jaded employee. )
    Just incase anyone was wondering, I just did this last week, and so far so good. All of my perks stayed on my line and my contract end date is the same before I switched over to the pre (10/09). Now I just have to see if my Employee discount stayed in tact (Fingers crossed), and sell my SERO 1250, and Touch Pro.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12