Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Does anyone know how to delete text messages?
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    If your at the top level screen (where you can see all the different conversations with different people) you can delete the entire conversation by just flicking the conversation off the Right side of the screen....it will "uncover" the delete and cancel buttons.

This same feature also works within a specific conversation if you only want to delete a few individual texts and not the whole conversation.

Good luck!
    Concur
    swipe the message or contact name (in the contact list) off the screen, just as you would do with email. then tap the 'delete' button to confirm the delete.

swiping a second one while the 'delete' button is on the screen is just like tapping 'delete' on the first one. you can use this to quickly delete a bunch in a row.
    Has no one ever played with an iPhone? I thought this was pretty common knowledge...
    Quote Originally Posted by Badandy127 View Post
    Has no one ever played with an iPhone? I thought this was pretty common knowledge...
    Not everyone has the crappy iPhone.
    i only had a dumb phone. so i totally appreciate the help!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowGod View Post
    Not everyone has the crappy iPhone.
    LOL. Reasons please?
    thank you, i could not figure this out either and it was driving me crazy. i got some texts from sprint and wanted them gone!
    Oh, thank god. Having never owned an iphone, I was lost as well.
    LOL. Reasons please?
    Reasons not everyone owns the iPhone? Maybe because it's on AT&T? AT&T doesn't have good wireless coverage. Sprint's coverage for voice and data blows AT&T away.
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    Yea I was lost. Thanks!
    I used to be with Verizon and my enV deleted the older text messages once my inbox/outbox got too full. Do I have to worry about this with the Pre? Sometimes you get those messages that you just don't want to go away...
    LOL. Reasons please?
    Maybe some of us make it a point to stay away from the Fruit Cult.
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Isn't there a phone manual that answers these kind of questions.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Be careful. Because if you delete the entire text thread you will not see that person again in the messaging view without first deleting the contact and recreating it.
    Quote Originally Posted by mr23 View Post
    Be careful. Because if you delete the entire text thread you will not see that person again in the messaging view without first deleting the contact and recreating it.
    Not always true. I delete full threads all the time and I have not had this issue. I know it happens with some but not all.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mr23 View Post
    I have seen this as well. Doing a full erase fixed it, wasn't too painful, but did lose bookmarks.
    You can swipe either direction. You can also grab the message and wiggle it back and forth for fun.
    I would like a "delete all". that would come in handy i do alot of txting.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast