Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Please tell me I just haven't figure out how to do it. I understood from some of the review that email and calendar would not be included in the universal search, but no ability to search in the email app itself? Anyone have any ideas? Am I just missing it?
    Nope, you can't search it, anywhere. No search in calendar, anywhere.
    Not being able to search everything on your phone is idiotic. Not being able to search your CALENDAR is just plain dumb! Needless to say, on my Treo, you certainly can search everything! This is a step backward.
  4.    #4  
    oh man... the Pre is going back today. I get 150-200 emails a day and this is an absolute deal breaker for me. I have been able to do this on every Palm phone since the 650. What a huge miss!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHolyGrail View Post
    oh man... the Pre is going back today. I get 150-200 emails a day and this is an absolute deal breaker for me. I have been able to do this on every Palm phone since the 650. What a huge miss!
    I also feel this way. also the lack to multiple delete is awful, i would have figured palm would learn from the first iphone.
    I agree that this level of search should have been a no brainer but I suspect we'll see it with the first OS update. I have no inside information. It would just seem like a big fail if that were not the case.
    Universal Search is so not universal. They should have called it "Crippled Search at launch soon to be Universal Search."
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    The day they add Universal Search (you know, the real kind) is the day I buy a Pre. No joke. Absolutely inexcusable they don't have it yet and that there are all these missing features. You'd think they'd learn something from the iPhone...
    Quote Originally Posted by Badandy127 View Post
    You'd think they'd learn something from the iPhone...
    They have, pinch zoom
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
  10. tuz
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    pretty retarded. I use gmail and I can still (when I get the pre) use their mobile site like on the iphone right?
    yeap.. regular web site will act like normal
    Personally, I don't want it in Universal Search myself, I like how it works now (though I'd want a few more web searches added preferably), but it'd be nice to search from within the email application for emails and within the calendar app for events by just starting to type, like you can in memos and tasks.
    Any reason you don't want it in the normal universal search results list? With being able to customize how it's ordered according to relevance it shouldn't get to busy as evidenced by iPhone 3.0.
    Quote Originally Posted by Badandy127 View Post
    Any reason you don't want it in the normal universal search results list? With being able to customize how it's ordered according to relevance it shouldn't get to busy as evidenced by iPhone 3.0.
    Because it's so rare that I want to search my email or calendar anyway (though the times that I need to, it's a godsend) that I don't want to even see it the other 99% of the time.
    How about a way to customize what's listed in the universal search? Then you could uncheck email and calendar (while still retaining search functionality in those apps) and other people can check them if they want them.
    Well yeah, definitely agree with that, everyone has their preferences.
    Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    I agree the Pre is unpolished as far as features go but this OS is the best out there. I'm sure Palm will release updates to fill in the blanks.
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    I finally have this on my 3.0 software and am not going backward at this point. If Palm wanted to compete with the iPhone, they should compete at the 3.0 software level. NOT the first gen.
    I had a pre back in June but returned it due to glaring missing features such as this one--being able to search my inbox (and calendar for that matter) is essential to me. Has this been resolved yet? My Centro just died and I need a new phone. I don't want to switch carriers and buying a new Centro seems silly. Can I search email yet on the Pre??? If not, is there a kludge?
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by danspalmone View Post
    I had a pre back in June but returned it due to glaring missing features such as this one--being able to search my inbox (and calendar for that matter) is essential to me. Has this been resolved yet? My Centro just died and I need a new phone. I don't want to switch carriers and buying a new Centro seems silly. Can I search email yet on the Pre??? If not, is there a kludge?
    You can search email now. If there is a search for calendar I have yet to find it. I barely use the calendar function so I've not given it a concerted effort to figure out if search does exist.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast