Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    I got my Pre and it's absolutely incredible! Stunning device and OS. Only problem is that service is really poor :-( So bummed. I'm in a high rise on the Las Vegas Strip and it just keeps fluctuating from no bars to full bars. Is this typical for Sprint indoors? Currently I have ATT and the iPhone and it has full 3G and only fluctuates from time to time.
    same here. I am in Fort Lauderdale.. i have one bar on the Sprint phone.. my AT&T next to it has full bars..
    Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    You can solve the problem with the Airave mini cell tower, as I have.
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Doenst that require an additional plan?
    My service hsnt been too great either today. It has never been this bad from my experience with sprint. I am sure it will get better...or at least I hope lol
    Quote Originally Posted by jacked View Post
    I got my Pre and it's absolutely incredible! Stunning device and OS. Only problem is that service is really poor :-( So bummed. I'm in a high rise on the Las Vegas Strip and it just keeps fluctuating from no bars to full bars. Is this typical for Sprint indoors? Currently I have ATT and the iPhone and it has full 3G and only fluctuates from time to time.
    att sucks
    Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rposa View Post
    Airave? Yes, I think its $100 for the device and $7 total per month service, but it accommodates up to 3 phones at once. It also requires that you have high speed internet at the location. I was previously paying $40/month for a landline backup, so it's a savings of $33 for me.
    Today has been a little "odd" as far as sprint goes for me as well. I have been with Sprint/Nextel for over 7 years, and only experienced two days like this: When Nextel had a major tower upgrade, and when Sprint/Nextel merged. It probably has something to do with the Pre launch, number of activations, or Sprint trying to set something up to better accommodate the Pre (maybe something to do with the increased data usage). You have 30 days, I would give it another week or two and see if things get better.

Anyway, as long as you are roaming (R in the top right) and have service Roaming, you are fine. Sprint roams onto Verizon's towers (surely you have seen their "largest network" commercials) and also allows free data while roaming. I wouldn't worry about it unless you have NO service at all, and only GSM phones do.
    Sorry to hear that! I have great reception.
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." óL. Ron Hubbard
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rposa View Post
    If you call Sprint and tell them you're going to cancel service with them because of poor reception at home, they'll likely send you an Airave free and waive the $5/mo fee. A nice feature about the Airave is that you can pay an extra $10/month and have unlimited calls through the Airave (i.e. unlimited calls at home from your Sprint phone).
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Yes, I am not exactly fond of ATT service, but I do have full 3G on my iPhone sitting next to the Pre, as well as the Bold. However the constant failed calls on both are ridiculous. And when calling out lately I get horrible garbled sounds and have to redial.

I'm really gunning for the Sprint service to improve. Maybe they're just having issues today. I really hope! The Pre is too cool. Granted when I demoed the Storm at launch it didn't even receive a single bar of service AT ALL at my condo. Maybe it's an issue with CDMA building penetration.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    I'm on LI and so far no service in areas of my house where my Verizon was great. Glad I have the Wi-Fi there. Upstairs where I should be getting awesome reception, I got like one bar. I am hoping this is a fluke today and
    will watch this closely over the next few weeks as I move about but
    if I have to keep throwing to Wi-Fi, I might as well just have my Palm TX
    and old VX8300 again.

Really nice phone though overall. Hoping it all works out.
    Is there any way to 'force roam' on the Pre, either as an option or a hack?

I find force roam to be indispensable for a Sprint phone...
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    I'm having the same issue but I've noticed that one bar on the pre is same voice quality as 3 or four on my tmobile dash. i'll give it a week or so.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    ya...the service isnt nearly as good as att or verizon in my area...kind of disappointing, because i really want to keep the pre...
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by logos View Post
    I'm having the same issue but I've noticed that one bar on the pre is same voice quality as 3 or four on my tmobile dash. i'll give it a week or so.
    Yeah that is what I have to look at, what the bars really mean. I plan to spend time really trying to learn the phone too over the next few weeks.
    I'm willing to stick some things out here vs how I felt about the iPhone last time. This phone is a much better fit personally for me although I think the iphone and its upcoming features are very nice

I wish I could get my PalmTX data over to the Pre. That is making me more upset than anything as I live by that calendar and contacts and can't seem to make that happen
    Maybe the ATT commercial is correct? More bars in more places

My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

I'm in Chicago, and had the opposite problem...couldn't make a call from AT&T at home on my old phone, but so far Sprint is kicking arse and taking names.

Funny how even these days, the cell providers are such a crapshoot depending on where you live.
    Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    Maybe the ATT commercial is correct? More bars in more places

Oh no doubt. Until I'd dial. Then they'd vanish.

Death to AT&T. GSM is great if the infrastructure is handled well. They have no clue, though.
    I live on a lake where on the other side is a Sprint tower. It's probably 5-10 miles away.
    With my Treo 700p, I usually was getting 3-5 bars.
    Now, with the Pre, it's 1 and I was roaming earlier.
    Maybe that stubby external antenna does make a difference?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast