1.    #1  
    ok... I thought it might be useful to let everyone know that you can use myxer.com for free ringtones or creating your own. If you create your own I think it would save a lot of space on your pre, since you are only putting a 30 sec clip of what you want instead of having to put the entire mp3 on it.

So you would just upload it, pick the part of the song you would like and click on the "iphone" check box. it will then propmt you to download the m4r file. Save it to your desktop and then plug in your pre to your pc and select usb drive and cut and paste the files into your ringtone folder. bada bing bada boom... small clips for ring tones.

I love the benny hill theme as a ring tone but 263kb is better than 4.15mb

I havent tried to add the ringtones to my itunes and sync that way but I'm sure it should work too.
    Thanks so much I couldn't figure that out
    Thanks as well. I hadn't tried it yet, but I know I need to conserve memory on this unit.
    Zedge.com also has tons of ringtones
    Tried it again on my pre and it keeps going to the mobile site with no iphone box to check. It just starts streaming if I try to download.
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by calsccr9 View Post
    Tried it again on my pre and it keeps going to the mobile site with no iphone box to check. It just starts streaming if I try to download.
    I get the same thing...STREAM...no option to download
    Yup, I tried this when I first got my pre at launch. It would only stream so I gave up.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    The way the OP describes the process in the first post is to go to Myxer on your PC, edit the length of the song and then copy it to your phone.
    Here are links to several site plus instructions on how to customize your own mp3's to make them into perfect ringtones.

Get (or Make) Free Ringtones

- Craig
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    before you send it to your phone look down on the very bottom which looks like advertising and there will be an icon that says download to your pc or make ipod ringtone thats how I use it.
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    You can also download Audacity to your PC. Then just import your favorite song. Crop it to cut off everything except the part you want. Convert it to MP3 and you're good to go.