Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1.    #1  
    I deleted contacts on Facebook.com a couple of hours ago and they are still on my phone. What the deuce?! How do I get rid of these people I don't have on facebook anymore?!
  2.    #2  
    Hmmm Update:

    Called sprint. The person I spoke walked me through finding the contact and selecting the delete option even after I told her that it was a facebook contact. Tsk Tsk. anyways After telling her it won't let me delete because it's facebook she says the facebook site needs more time to update in order for the pre to be able to sync the changes. I have a feeling the is a B/S answer and the only way to remove this facebook contact is to remove the facebook account and add it again and have the pre re-sync everything
    Last edited by kill_Dano; 06/06/2009 at 03:12 PM.
  3. #3  
    let us know what you find out. i have over 3000 contacts between my emails and face book. only about 50 are people i know.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by kill_Dano View Post
    Hmmm Update:

    Called sprint. The person I spoke walked me through finding the contact and selecting the delete option even after I told her that it was a facebook contact. Tsk Tsk. anyways After telling her it won't let me delete because it's facebook she says the facebook site needs more time to update in order for the pre to be able to sync the changes. I have a feeling the is a B/S answer and the only way to remove the facebook contact is to remove the facebook account and add it again and have the pre re-sync everything
    If you go into the Preferences page in the Contacts app, there should a "Sync Now" button that will force the Pre to download the latest info from Facebook. Otherwise, you'll have to wait for the next automatic sync.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by MoreSolutions View Post
    If you go into the Preferences page in the Contacts app, there should a "Sync Now" button that will force the Pre to download the latest info from Facebook. Otherwise, you'll have to wait for the next automatic sync.
    I did that a few times. Deleted contacts remain. Pre lists my facebook account to have 76 contacts and facebook says I have 73.
  6. #6  
    I think what I'm going to do to avoid this ****, is to set up a different account with only the people I want to have in my phone on there.
  7.    #7  
    Meh Deleted the account. If what sprint said was true then it should sync the 76 contacts again and not the 73.... synced 73. Looks like to remove facebook contacts you need to delete them off facebook.com and then remove the facebook account on the Pre and add it again. what a pain in the ***.
  8. #8  
    Question;

    If you don't use Facebook synergy, can you still put people's accounts in their contact card thing manually?
  9. turtle3's Avatar
    Posts
    84 Posts
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by kill_Dano View Post
    Meh Deleted the account. If what sprint said was true then it should sync the 76 contacts again and not the 73.... synced 73. Looks like to remove facebook contacts you need to delete them off facebook.com and then remove the facebook account on the Pre and add it again. what a pain in the ***.
    I know you don't have faith in this, but I'll bet you if you waited long enough (probably overnight) it would sync correctly without deleting the account.

    There are several processes that will run in the background only when the phone has been idle long enough (like at night)...the Auto Backup is one of them....cloud syncing is probably another one.

    Patience is a virtue - except when we (all of us, including me) are putting the Pre through the paces today...
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by turtle3 View Post
    I know you don't have faith in this, but I'll bet you if you waited long enough (probably overnight) it would sync correctly without deleting the account.

    There are several processes that will run in the background only when the phone has been idle long enough (like at night)...the Auto Backup is one of them....cloud syncing is probably another one.

    Patience is a virtue - except when we (all of us, including me) are putting the Pre through the paces today...
    Yeah you're probably right. I just really needed to get rid of this one guy from my list. He is such a tool.

Posting Permissions