Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Hi Everyone
    I am really glad to post here
    i want to buy an all round smartphone and i came up with two phones
    so which on i should go with i am not a heavily depend on messages and Emails , just normal person , I know it sound stupid to make comparisons in a Palm Forum, but i am sure that you will give me the right answer
    thanks in advance
    Since both are now available, first suggestion is go to a store and hold each one in your hand to get the general feel. Another suggestion, since either of your choices requires specific carriers (Sprint vs AT&T), make sure you get decent coverage in your area.
    I have them both as of today- will let ya know
    I'm a Pre gal now
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    well my main requirements are:
    Responsive Time
    Browsing The Internet
    Multimedia
    Call Quality
    Stability
    Edit/Delete Message
    meeting my buddy for drinks tonight who just got a bold and was crowing about it. going to show him my PRE and blow him away! no comparison to a PRE!!!!!!!!!!!
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    I just stopped using my Bold for the Pre today, and so far I've noticed that the Pre is a bit slower than the Bold. I'm sort of a moderately heavy business user...the Bold was a bit more than I needed, whereas the Pre is a bit weak for my uses. However, from what you're saying, I think the Pre would be better for you. Multimedia and Internet are definitely superior on the Pre compared to the Bold (they're usable on there, but only just). I've made a few calls so far, and I like the Pre better. It sounds clearer to me and doesn't seem to cut out randomly (even though I'm maintaining service). Deleting messages is easy in the pre...just swipe. But it's easy on the bold too, just hit delete and ok. Stability I can't comment on, but my Bold had a lot of issues where it would randomly shut down or give me error messages, and it got old having to try 3 or 4 times to make a call (keep getting "Call Failed" even with 5 bars of 3G). Just my input.
    I have both. Pre is more exciting, more of a prosumer device. Bold gets the job done and very well, Fast, has excellent shortcuts, amazing speaker, call quality, etc. So far i like my pre though it is a first gen OS and does need some work. If you don't need to send many emails / text per day then the pre would be great if you are heavy into typing then bold is better. I like bolds trackball and copy/paste better then the pre. I am always after the latest phone (its a mental problem) but so far am impressed with the pre and see palm having a future again.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    i always hear people talk about the blackberry factor , and it is simply unique feeling to have a blackberry than any other phone
    is this right and worth the hype

i am also a fan of applications, i like to try new and unique applications, is this sound blackberry??
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Based on your responses I would say the Pre is the better choice for you. Mainly because of your interest in apps and web browsing. The Blackberry web browser is one of the worst jokes ever put on a phone. It really is pointless. That's why I carried an iPhone as well. The Pre however, rivals, if not beats mobile Safari.

I have used the Bold as my main phone and it's the best all around phone I've ever used for calling, SMS, and of course the infamous Blackberry Messenger (BBM) for IMing people with Blackberries. The keyboard is the best ever put on a mobile device, period, and I've used nearly all of them. IT IS THE BEST.

I am probably one of the few people that is not a fan of email on the Blackberry and prefer to use the iPhone for that.

The Blackberry OS overall just seems archaic now, but as a pure business phone that gets business handled, it is the best no frills workhorse. And the Bold is fast. Super fast. With shortcuts, like M for messages and A for address book, you can just blaze on the Bold.

I picked up the Pre this morning and it is sort of a mesh of a blackberry and the iPhone in that you get the fun of the iPhone and a physical keyboard. If you want a pretty interface, with unique navigation about the OS, then the Pre is for you. It is truly amazing. If you want a no frills workhorse, get the Bold. I use the Bold for SMS and Blackberry Messenger and the iPhone for everything else. If I didn't need Blackberry Messenger I wouldn't use it. Although the keyboard is just F'ing amazing.

But now I am testing out the Pre to see if one device can replace two
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    who is less boring ?
    what i mean which one you will use it more
    If you're into the apps as you say and won't have the patience to wait for the Palm apps to develop, the Bold is the way to go. BB app store is a pretty good complement to Apple's. I echo the thoughts that the Pre's internet and screen are better than the iPhone and the Bold, though the Bold's screen is magnificent.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    the pre is not available here
    anyone know where i can order the unlocked version (I live in Egypt)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ekram View Post
    the pre is not available here
    anyone know where i can order the unlocked version (I live in Egypt)
    You can't...yet™ (My new trademark)
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.