1.    #1  
    anyone figure out if this is possible yet?
    IIIx -> Tungsten T -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Launch day Pre
    Nope not possible. Several reviews mentioned this lacking
    Can't yet.
    give it a month and I bet this, changing sounds and A LOT more will be avaible
    Hope so. Though Palm had 6 months to work on this stuff, how come they didn't do it during that time? I would be pleasantly surprised if they had an update within a month
    There's a swipe across the email gesture to delete emails from the list of messages view. Just do it multiple times.
  7.    #7  
    Thanks for the reply...but UGH. Apple got slammed when they left this capability out of the iPhone...and they have since added it.

I also am using a non-gmail mail acct...and am frustrated that the timing for retrieving messages can't be day and time specific. I had my Treo set to pull mail every 15 mins, but only Mon-Fri between 8am and 8pm (to save battery life). The pre's polling setting is a 24x7x365 deal. Frankly, I don't need polling while I am asleep. Seems like a number of major steps backwards. Let's hope for some new software ASAP.

BTW, anyone else have a nightmare of a time synching Palm appointments and contacts through Google? I tried to synch 10 years worth of Palm appts and the phone started to cry...so I abandoned it, deleted the google calendar, and started over with a smaller set. My Treo held those just fine...and I could synch them from scratch in well under a minute after a hard reset.

The contacts have also been a pain. They showed up on the phone, but not on google. Several attempts to fix it got a single copy of them on google and double copies on my phone...all pointing to google. An hour of screwing around and I am back to having them on the phone, but not on google.

I'm starting to feel like a beta tester. Oh well, still a nice phone...but it has warts.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by greenoyster View Post
    There's a swipe across the email gesture to delete emails from the list of messages view. Just do it multiple times.
    Now THAT is a nice find. THANKS MUCH!!!
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scuba_steve View Post

BTW, anyone else have a nightmare of a time synching Palm appointments and contacts through Google? I tried to synch 10 years worth of Palm appts and the phone started to cry...so I abandoned it, deleted the google calendar, and started over with a smaller set. My Treo held those just fine...and I could synch them from scratch in well under a minute after a hard reset.

The contacts have also been a pain. They showed up on the phone, but not on google. Several attempts to fix it got a single copy of them on google and double copies on my phone...all pointing to google. An hour of screwing around and I am back to having them on the phone, but not on google.
    I had a puzzling but smaller problem with contacts. The Sprint rep synched calendar and contacts over from my 700p, but when I looked, I found some contacts were missing -- on a seemingly random basis. The Sprint sales rep confirmed the problem but had no explanation.

But it seems to have fixed itself -- after another hour or so, it seems as if they all made it over via sync from my Exchange server.
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    Originally Posted by greenoyster
    Not sure I did the quote thing right but this is a HUGE help and should be posted as a bold sticky on the front of the forums... beautiful...!
    Last edited by hdhuntr; 06/09/2009 at 01:02 PM. Reason: Wrong quote first time
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Swipe across! awesome. But kinda weird this isnt a delete/ cancel button underneath.
    The swipe across is much better imo than being able to select multiple and delete them.

The selection icon takes up valuable space, and accidentally entering an email rather than selecting it happens alot (at least on my G1).

I find swipe swipe swipe swipe much quicker than press press scroll press press scroll delete.
    I do want a mass delete function, but yeah swipe and delete is quite good too, I was happy to discovered the gesture several days ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by scuba_steve View Post
    anyone figure out if this is possible yet?
    I'd be happy if anyone could tell me how to get even one deleted email to delete off my POP server. Throwing the 'sync deleted emails' switch simply causes the emails in my trashcan to reappear in my inbox at the next sync. I've turned that switch off for now and am letting the email accumulate in my Trashcan until a fix comes out for this!

The ease of handling emails on the Pre is so good, though, that I'm willing to wait on improvements, such as the ability to delete multiple emails or sort/group the emails into subfolders.

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    Also keep in mind that you can do the "Swipe-delete" without waiting for the "swipe animation" to complete. In other words, if you want to delete four messages in a row, swipe your finger across each one really fast without stopping in between.

You can easily clear out dozens of messages quickly like this.