Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I am not sure why Palm made the center button NOT turn on the screen. I thought that was the point of have the screen lock.

Center button should turn on the screen and then I unlock it. Quick and simple!

Or atleast give me the OPTIOn to have it that way maybe.
    I totally agree with you! I'm so used to that from my iphone!
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Option. I prefer the button in the upper right. Reminds me of the Treo 600!
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    I also wish this was the case
    Me too. Thats just standard if you dont have any other front facing buttons on the phone. Palm needs to start making a big list of updates for next WebOS updates.
    Cingular Treo 750||ATT WM6 ROM||AT&T Blue SIM||1GB SanDisk Card||
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    I like it the way it is. I am also used to the center button turning on from using my itouch, but Most other phones operate in this way.

Look at it this way..It's Gauranteed not to turn on in your pocket and accidentally answer an incoming call. Besides this button is raised while the iphone/touch button is recessed
  7.    #7  
    Ok, well then if they leave the top power button to turn the screen on, there is NO reason for the screen lock.

It should just be an option. Windows Mobile always had options on what buttons will activate and turn on the screen.
    If you have the keyboard down you can hit the space key to turn back on the screen.
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    also agree....
    Since the button protrudes from the surface of the device, as opposed to the iPhone's flush button, it would seem that putting the Pre in a case would run the risk of turning on the device.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Since the button protrudes from the surface of the device, as opposed to the iPhone's flush button, it would seem that putting the Pre in a case would run the risk of turning on the device.
    Not to mention just having it in your pocket.

I like how it is now, but they could at least make it an option in the settings?
    They should do something with this button. It useless to me. I just swipe to minimize app and flick to close. They have to make it a voicemail or message alert so you don't have to turn on the phone to check. I love these gestures!
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by weboslawyer View Post
    It should just be an option. Windows Mobile always had options on what buttons will activate and turn on the screen.
    I agree, I hate to "find" the power button to turn on the screen. It's always been the first option I enabled on my WinMo phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by bruba View Post
    I agree, I hate to "find" the power button to turn on the screen. It's always been the first option I enabled on my WinMo phone.
    Especially when the keyboard is open.
    I agree Palm should add this ASAP
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    When the keyboard is open just hit the space bar.

Quote Originally Posted by lopezpm View Post
    Especially when the keyboard is open.
    Quote Originally Posted by lopezpm View Post
    They should do something with this button. It useless to me. I just swipe to minimize app and flick to close. They have to make it a voicemail or message alert so you don't have to turn on the phone to check. I love these gestures!
    I actually agree with you here, the button seems to be really useless, especially if you use all of the available gestures. They should just update it and let you assign the button to whatever you want.
    It would run down the battery even if the phone was still locked. Everytime your pocket pressed the button it would light up for a few seconds and over time this would kill the battery.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
  19.    #19  
    To everyone saying the phone will accidently turn on... I thought thats what the screenlock was for. I doubt your pocket will magically press the button and then slide the lock to unlock the screen.

Clearly there is interest for both sides of this issue, which means... it needs to be an option ASAP. lol
    I was out and about today, thinking the exact same thing. Maybe its cuz im used to it from when I had my iPhone and still having my iTouch. It would be nice to have the option of that or the top button!!
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not" Thomas Jefferson
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast