1.    #1  
    I'm not even sure what I clicked on, but I ended up getting a screen that says webOS 1.0.2 is now available to download, at 67mb file size. I went ahead and clicked the button that says to download now. I hope this doesn't cause a self destruct sequence action to happen!
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
    hmm wonder why I have not gotten this message
    it says my phone is up to date when I check for updated?
    I went to the update application, and manually initiated the update. It's running now.

(typing from my desktop pc, obviously)
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessh2036 View Post

I inadvertently clicked on something while on the main menu page, not sure what it was. Whatever the app was, it said the update was available. My Pre is currently downloading the latest update. I have no idea what it's going to do.
    Casey
    I went to the update app and clicked it, and it loaded and said " your pre is up to date "

maybe it has something to do with my number STILL not being ported over
    My Pre already had 1.0.2 loaded when I got it, yours seems to as well. The version is clearly listed in "Device Info" though.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    My Pre already had 1.0.2 loaded when I got it, yours might as well.
    oh thanks man, I bet thats it
    I went to the update app and clicked it, and it loaded and said " your pre is up to date "

maybe it has something to do with my number STILL not being ported over
    Or maybe you are already updated. Some Pres are coming with the update, some are not.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Some of the units already had 1.02 installed before purchase apparently, and some did not....if yours shows it is up to date then it is already on there....if it says updates are available then you can download it.....I am doing so now and it takes a little bit of time to download. You can get there by launching your main apps menu and click on updates icon
  11.    #11  
    My update is about half done for past 15 minutes now.
    Casey
  12.    #12  
    Now I get a new message that says "validating" which took another few minutes. Then a new message read "install now" or something similar. After clicking okay to install, another message read "this will take 10 minutes". It's currently going through the motions, and a message reads at bottom of screen "Do not remove the battery." Hey, I think I now know how to brick a new Pre! Hyuck, hyuck!
    Casey
  13.    #13  
    Okay, the update is finally finished now. The last action the Pre did was to show a dark screen with the word "Palm" and the word Palm kept glowing every several seconds for about several minutes. Then finally, a message read the update is completed and to press the done button at bottom of screen. I went to the Web to make sure the internet still works, and yes it does.
    Casey
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    I wonder if it is safe to use AIM now after this update.
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    If you look on your Launcher, the update adds the Clock app, and does some bug fixes. This was out before the review embargo went up, so I don't think it fixes the AIM/GTalk bug or some of the other stuff mentioned in the reviews. The reason it is on some phones out of the box and not others is that the ones that have it were part of a later shipment and got patched before leaving the factory.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Anyone get a "unable to validate" message?

I've tried to update several times...

EDIT: Figured it out... I had voice coverage and wifi... but no evdo coverage
    Last edited by Tibfib; 06/06/2009 at 04:39 PM.
    Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    After updating, my Pre has been rock solid.