Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I have calls going to VM when I'm sitting just feet away from the Airave. I set the Pre to only get emails manually. Even with it set to Manual, the Pre insisted on getting emails while sitting on the charger. I had Notification also turned off.

Only one Gmail account on the phone. Sprint support did a system reset on my phone while it was turned off, but that actually made it worse. Now I am dropping calls as well as having them go to VM.

The problems existed whether wifi was on or off.

Out of desperation, I finally deleted the gmail account from the phone. I want to see of I continue to have issues with the voice side of life.

I will keep you posted.
    Last edited by dickday; 06/26/2009 at 05:21 PM.
    I'm having some serious problems with my airave and pre. The pre says its connected, has great 1x service but does not recieve or make calls. I called sprint and they said that there is a known connectivity issue with the pre and the airave and they are trying to get a workaroung. Anyone heard anything about this?
    Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    me pre/airave work perfectly together....
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by though View Post
    me pre/airave work perfectly together....
    Of Course it does!
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Please Palm Pre god, don't let me have any trouble with my free Sprint supplied Airave. I need it to work cause the Pre has signal problems making my bad cell area even worse. when is Palm fixing that problem????
    My company is using the proxy server for the internet. Is the Airave compatible to this?
    I just bought the Airave yesterday, and after an hour or so it started working. I went from zero bars to five full bars. After I got home tonight around midnight, my Airave wasn't working. The system and GPS light went red. I called Sprint customer service, and the guy told me to unplug the Airave, then the modem/router, and move the GPS device about 12 inches away. I use AT&T so I just unplugged the modem and then plugged it back in for 60 seconds. After 15 minutes or so all the lights went blue again. My phone picked up signal and was working great, but two hours later the same problem occurred. The system and GPS light went red again. I tried the same technique, and it has been a little over an hour and the Airave seems to still be initiating the process, but it is taking much longer. I am not sure if it is the Pre and the Airave, if the Airave is defective, if it is the Sprint network, or if it is the internet that went out. I am hoping it fixes soon because I have not even had the Airave for two days and it is already bugging out. Has anyone been having the same difficulties?
    I noticed the system light on my Airave was blinking red and called Airave tech support. I was told they were probably doing some sort of update, which they do from time to time late at night, and it would take maybe an hour. A few minutes later, I noticed the red blinking light blinking even faster - a sign it's preparing to connect - and a few minutes later all lights were once again blue. No idea what the update was, but hopefully something to help take care of Pre/Airave issues. Good luck to all of you with problems.
    Last edited by newswoman; 08/05/2009 at 02:25 AM. Reason: it's late and my mental dyslexia is acting up.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    My Airave is here and working perfect. Took about 45 minutes to get the system light blue. (provisioning) Now I can get calls in my basement and don't have to do the OJ dash to the outside!
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    I had my system light blink blue a couple of days ago but other then that and my GPS light blinking from time to time..Everything has been good on that end.

Now on my phone end,thats a different story. I've had a couple of calls go right to VM. There have been times when the phone does not seem to be connected to the Airave at all. Monday I had no signal. I didn't see that till I went to use the phone and saw the 'X' on the signal meter. I had been home for a couple of hours and was shocked to see that on my phone. A power cycle fixed that but it made me wonder if the phone was linking up or if it was staying linked up.

Plus the 1x and EV come up and go down from time to time. I am told I am in between two towers and just on the edge for both of them which is why I got the Airave. The phone seems to keep the wifi connection while the phone is in use but as soon as it goes idle it seems to drop it and go back to EV or 1x. Once I unlock the phone,I see the EV or 1x for a couple of seconds and then that goes away and the wifi icon comes up showing its connecting.

I don't know of any setups I can do to the Airave or the phone that might help.
    i got mine working, i think it may have been sitting too close to my wireless router. They operate at close to the same frequency.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smcdan32 View Post
    I'm having some serious problems with my airave and pre. The pre says its connected, has great 1x service but does not recieve or make calls. I called sprint and they said that there is a known connectivity issue with the pre and the airave and they are trying to get a workaroung. Anyone heard anything about this?
    I am having similar issues except i can send and receive texts/emails and i can receive calls but when i try to make a call i hear a fast beeping noise like a busy signal. Anyone have any idea what this could be?
    BTW i called sprint and airave tech support and they had no idea.
    Apache-->755p-->Mogul-->Pre-->TP2-->Hero--->PRE!!!
    my airave works fine, except when someone is using the internet the connection goes choppy. Anyone else experiencng this? Any ideas for how to fix it? Thanks
    mine works
    Prē *********♥
    1Ghz
    Pixi *********♥
    Patched up
    (Gone)
    Now on a Samsung Epic
    *Creator of the best thread on precentral*

RIP

I had the Airave for about 2 weeks, took it back due to the fact that all 3 lines that I have (Pre, Lotus, Instinct) all had issues with GPS when within Airave coverage. On the Pre and the Instinct, Google Maps and Sprint Navigator had me 65 miles off location; Lotus was off by 40 miles. Airave tech said it was a known issue with no resolution yet.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12