1.    #1  
    I attached my pre to my PC as a storage device, and have access to the file system. However, I wasn't sure if there was a specific folder I had to add my mp3s and videos to. Anyone know?
    I hope you don't have to use itunes to sync music and videos .. I can't stand itunes
  3.    #3  
    No sir, I'm just talking about a raw folder chock full o' mp3 files.
    Good question anyone know?
    I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that you can put them anywhere on the pre and the Pre puts the files where there supposed to be via file extensions.
    Wherever you want. It'll see them regardless.
  7.    #7  
    Hm. Ok, I'll just create an "mp3" folder in the root directory.

I'll try a "videos" folder too and see if it recognizes things with non-mainstream video codecs.
    ^ tell us how it goes.

i havnt tried that method yet. i used itunes, and it is pretty unbelifvable how it just finds the "palm pre" and syncs up. extremely easy
    I've already made a folder called "Music" and that worked perfect, but like I said, anything should.
  10.    #10  
    Well, the MP3s pick up without a hitch, but out of the two video files I've copied over, neither of them have been picked up yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kooldino View Post
    Well, the MP3s pick up without a hitch, but out of the two video files I've copied over, neither of them have been picked up yet.
    I think that means they're not supported in the video player. Are they AVI / xvid? Those aren't playable.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    I think that means they're not supported in the video player. Are they AVI / xvid? Those aren't playable.

Nope, at least not yet. I need to find a mp4 converter.

But for my music, I just copied the folder named Audio from my SD card for my 700P and it worked just fine.
    Avigo > PalmIII > PalmIIIEX > Visor > Prism > Prism w/Data module > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700P > Pre
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    At least one of them was an xvid/divx avi.
    At least one of them was an xvid/divx avi.
    not supported.
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    I created an mp3 folder and an mp4 folder. I am using mp4 format and had zero problem with the video working. The pre finds them quickly with the video app.

Damn I love this phone.
  16.    #16  
    Does anyone have a list of formats and codecs for video (and audio) that this phone will accept?
    Does anyone have a list of formats and codecs for video (and audio) that this phone will accept?
    Yeah, Palm does, at their specifications site.
    I have this problem:

I made an mp3 folder and put 2 folders (albums) in it just to test it out. What it did was take the album pictures that are embedded into the mp3's and put them in my pictures by creating a new folder for each album. This is really annoying. Anyone else have this problem?