View Poll Results: What service did you have when you bought your new Pre?

Voters
176. You may not vote on this poll
  • Upgraded/Already with Sprint

91 51.70%
  • Moved from AT&T

37 21.02%
  • Moved from Verizon

35 19.89%
  • Moved from another carrier

13 7.39%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    You got your new Pre today, so I am curious how many new customers Sprint is picking up.
  2.    #2  
    ttt
  3.    #3  
    Would be interesting to see a 50/50 ratio maintained in this poll...that would be good news for Sprint
    Global Posts
    381 Global Posts
    even to have 4 customers to port so far on the poll - that's great news for sprint
  5.    #5  
    33% making a change from another carrier
  6.    #6  
    Still holding at about 1/3 new customers with the Pre
    Havent swithed just YET... still have my BB....takin the Pre for a test drive but I would be switching from a Bold w/ ATT
    I'm a Pre gal now
  8.    #8  
    Whoa...up to 50/50 again...14/13...very interesting from the "not an iphone killer" perspective.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Ported today from ATT BB-Bold, very disappointed with sprint service, my phone went into roaming not even a mile from my house, I live in NJ like 10 minutes from NYC, service sucks. Will probably be taking the Pre back to jump back on ATT again.
    Need to add another poll option: Have SERO, but created a new account just for the Pre <= me.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    I let go of my free incoming to get the PRE. Yipeee
  12.    #12  
    Still running about 50/50. If total sales yesterday met Sprint's expectations, they have to be elated at the % of new customers.
    Amazing, considering the perceived lack of a main stream advertising campaign by Sprint or Palm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin C View Post
    Whoa...up to 50/50 again...14/13...very interesting from the "not an iphone killer" perspective.
    Remember killer, This is just whoever decided to participate in this poll, also not including all the non message board people.
    I moved from att. I was nervous at first, but so far it's been painless.
    I upgraded from fair n flexible 850. No problem with Sprint service in my area, but sad to say still testing to see if I will keep Pre.
    At the store where I went to purchase mine it looks like about 30 percent of Pre activations came from other carriers. Not too shabby.
    Phone history with Sprint since April 2001: Kyocera QCP-2035, LG Touchpoint 1100, Samsung i500, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Treo 755p, HTC Mogul, Blackberry 8830, Samsung A900M, Motorola ic902, Blackberry Curve 8330, Samsung Instinct, HTC Touch, Treo 800w, Touch Diamond, Touch Pro, Motorola i9, Treo Pro (personal)/Iphone 3G 16GB (gone to make room for Pre), Palm Pre, blackberry tour, iPhone 3GS 32GB
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    I didn't want to lose my grandfathered plan, so instead of upgrading, I added a line with the intention of killing two lines that are not really getting any use. However, after using the Pre, I am not sure that I will even keep it, as not getting my work email on it really stops it from being completely useful to me. My main issues to this point are email, heat and battery life. I can live with pretty much everything else... What I would never do, is lose my grandfathered plan for this device. I am happy I didn't just flat out switch.
    I will be porting from Verizon to Sprint and giving up a 17% discount on voice plans in the process. But I am tired of Verizon charging me for every little thing, there's a Verizon dead zone around my neighborhood, and I have not been impressed with any of Verizon's smartphone offerings, especially the Storm.
    Quote Originally Posted by tempete View Post
    I will be porting from Verizon to Sprint and giving up a 17% discount on voice plans in the process. But I am tired of Verizon charging me for every little thing, there's a Verizon dead zone around my neighborhood, and I have not been impressed with any of Verizon's smartphone offerings, especially the Storm.
    ...and those freaks don't follow you around? FALSE ADVERTISEMENT!!!
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    I am waiting until the end of September when my contract with AT&T expires. I can't afford another ETF.
    Current Phone(s): HTC Inspire "4G" & Pre 2
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast