Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    After playing with a Pre for a little while and then using my BlackBerry, I realized that it might be kind of tricky to try to use the Pre one-handed to, say, tap out a message or browse a website. To the BB's credit, the trackball makes navigation easy while holding it in one hand.

Those of you who have a Pre, though: How easy is it to use one-handed? Does it feel pretty natural, with and without the keyboard out?
    Coming from a Centro I can type one handed no problem.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    I'm coming from an iPhone and it's easier to type one handed.
    Navigating one hand is perfection. Browsing with one hand is super easy as well because you can double tap for best fit. Typing with one hand...I don't think I'll ever do, and I wouldn't want to.
    I was worried about this issue as I am great at navigating my bb with one hand. Now with my pre in my possession I can say that it is setup great for one-hand operation.
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathan likes the pre View Post
    Navigating one hand is perfection. Browsing with one hand is super easy as well because you can double tap for best fit. Typing with one hand...I don't think I'll ever do, and I wouldn't want to.
    I often use my phone while eating, so I use my right hand for food and my left for the phone.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    I still wish there was a five-way nav or that the center button was a trackball for one-handed use, but other than that, it works great.
  8. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    I think my WPM actually increases when in one hand use
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    I often use my phone while eating, so I use my right hand for food and my left for the phone.
    Eating lunch today, I was browsing on my BB with one hand, and that's where the idea came up! :-)

So the Pre doesn't feel unbalanced or cumbersome when using it one-handed? That's good to know!