Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Anyone have problems with a blank inbox? My inbox SAYS there are 200 messages in it but when I open it up it's blank.
    Assuming it's a POP3 mailbox, sounds like it's only set to download unread messages.
    hmm. So how do you set it to read *all* messages in the Inbox?
    I had this problem as well, its just a setting you have to fix. Follow what unixpsycho said and that will fix it
    no? I was asking how to fix it. All of my IMAP mailboxes are blank.
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    no? I was asking how to fix it. All of my IMAP mailboxes are blank.
    Hmm. You're having that problem with IMAP inboxes? I can't say I have any suggestions for that one, my GMail and another email account are working perfectly over IMAP.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Hmm. You're having that problem with IMAP inboxes? I can't say I have any suggestions for that one, my GMail and another email account are working perfectly over IMAP.
    can you share ur setting for gmail?
    It set up GMail for me automatically. I just changed it to "deliver mail as it arrives" but other than that it's perfect.

One thing I thought of. Maybe you just don't have any emails newer than 7 days old? It defaults to only showing you the last 7 days.
    odd. I got 1 IMAP mailbox to work. 2 mailboxes that dont work are on the same server. But these mailboxes work fine on every Treo I ever had and in Thunderbird. Just not my new Pre.

But the mailbox that does work is on older Cyrus server.

hmmm.
  10.    #10  
    Getting worried now. When I sync'd with my gmail account I could watch the messages come in until it would get to a point and they would stop. I would get blank message "dividers" that I could scroll through, but tapping them would do nothing. If I then left the account and went back in, it would be completely blank, no dividers, nothing for me to do.

I decided to delete the gmail account and sync with some pop accounts directly. These are even worse. One of them is completely blank, the same as the gmail account. One of them comes up with blank dividers but if I scroll down I see messages under "Yesterday" and "Older", then I see some more blank dividers, then more messages. If I scroll back up, sometimes I see multiple sections of the same name, like multiple "Older" sections and multiple "Yesterday" sections, interspersed with blank dividers. No one else is experiencing this?
    i got everything working now.

i deleted the accounts and recreated... still no messages. then waited 10 minutes and POOF... there they are!

for the hell of it i set one of them with POP3 and it worked immediately.

dont know if this is a bug or a delayed feature? whatever. it is working! woohoo!
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    i got everything working now.

i deleted the accounts and recreated... still no messages. then waited 10 minutes and POOF... there they are!

for the hell of it i set one of them with POP3 and it worked immediately.

dont know if this is a bug or a delayed feature? whatever. it is working! woohoo!
    Could you elaborate on what your problem was exactly... and what type of configurations you had used after it finally worked...

I am trying to setup an EAS account... I can't get it to work as an IMAP or EAS ... IMAP I had on my treo 755...

However the Pre will sync my folders just absolutley no messages or calendar...
    Quote Originally Posted by MLJones8 View Post
    Could you elaborate on what your problem was exactly... and what type of configurations you had used after it finally worked...

I am trying to setup an EAS account... I can't get it to work as an IMAP or EAS ... IMAP I had on my treo 755...

However the Pre will sync my folders just absolutley no messages or calendar...

My problem was IMAP was not syncing email from IMAP folders. Inboxes will show up blank. Although the Pre said "Sync Completed", all blank.

I had no problems with EAS to an Exchange server, that worked fine. I never tried and dont think you can sync calendars over IMAP?
    @jhoff80, you mention a 7 day default for inbox messages. How do you configure that setting or is there no configuration?
    Quote Originally Posted by cpester View Post
    @jhoff80, you mention a 7 day default for inbox messages. How do you configure that setting or is there no configuration?
    Tap on the top left in the email, preferences & accounts. Scroll down to your email account, tap on it, and you'll see a whole mess of options like that.
    I have the same problem Ken had: no trouble syncing email accounts for the past four weeks, but then today, without warning, my EAS account shows 9 unread messages, but the inbox (and the 'All Inboxes' folder) show a blank gray screen. Sometimes, it shows the message "Press <refresh symbol> to refresh" at the top of the gray screen. No amount of refreshing will return the inbox list.

When new messages show up in the EAS account, tapping on the notification brings up the message without incident, but when I back out of the message to the inbox, the inbox is blank again.

I'm reluctant to unixpsycho's solution of recreating the account because the EAS account affects calendar, contacts, and tasks on the device, and that would be a significant change. I am concerned that there may be side effects.

I believe that what's going on is that the inbox cache has become corrupted. I would expect hitting the refresh button would clear the cache and re-download the messages, but no luck. I tried changing the amount of mail being downloaded as jhoff80 suggested, thinking that would clear the cache, but also no luck.

Is there another way to force an account to re-download all messages besides recreating the account?
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    sometimes it just takes a long time to load...I get that "issue" a few times a day...I figure it's a bug or a feature...

Not sure if it dependent on network speed or what...

If you wait a few moments or exit the email app all the way and come back in, it should eventually show up...
    I found that EAS is buggy on the Pre.

recently it was hanging the whole phone and making it go offline. I removed EAS account and all was fine.

So i readded the EAS account and set it for 5 minute polls and its been fine since.

i havent quite found out what triggers it to go crazy...
    Thanks for the replies koaltech and unixpsycho. I really don't want to remove and re-add the EAS account because I don't want to risk any side effects such as messed up contacts or calendars. I'd prefer to figure out how to refresh the inbox cache. I guess I need to call Palm...
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    i am experiencing this issue with a gmail account. i've had no trouble with the email application until this morning.

last night i restored with webOS doctor to 1.2.0, then upgraded to 1.2.1. i did this to fix an issue that popped up due to a battery% tweak and a theme conflicting.

after finding this morning that i could not see my email inbox i assumed something went wrong with my restore, so i did it again, only to find the same issue on a freshly restored, untweaked webOS.

details of the problem are just like ken's issue:
    ("When I sync'd with my gmail account I could watch the messages come in until it would get to a point and they would stop. I would get blank message "dividers" that I could scroll through, but tapping them would do nothing. If I then left the account and went back in, it would be completely blank, no dividers, nothing for me to do.")

i am able to see quite a bit of my mail in the "all mail" folder, unfortunately the newer messages are showing as blank "dividers", and all the spam is in the mix with the "all mail" folder.

giving it some time and hoping it fixes itself, a bit concerned that it didn't resolve itself overnight though i slept alot longer than the 10 minute wait reported by others with similar issues.

edit: i also tried remove/re add with the account with the same results.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast