Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Also experiencing the same thing. Trying removing my account again. It all started yesterday evening. Looks like I will be calling palm after lunch.
    happened to me as well, seems the 1.2.1 caused more problems, my pre is also slow now
    one more to the count
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    One thing I thought of. Maybe you just don't have any emails newer than 7 days old? It defaults to only showing you the last 7 days.
    That's most likely the issue.
    Some folks don't realize, the Pre is really not meant to be a storage facility to hold email long term. It's meant for you to use the device to read and respond to recent email, thus the default 7 days old.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    the setting is not the issue for me. i got the same problem with 7 days, 1 month, and all. i wonder~ is the downloaded email data for the email app stored on /var? if so, this problem could be related to this issue: www precentral net / why-you-keep-running-out-space-apps

ie. the email app chokes on itself trying to put information on a partition that is low or out of space.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    That's most likely the issue.
    Some folks don't realize, the Pre is really not meant to be a storage facility to hold email long term. It's meant for you to use the device to read and respond to recent email, thus the default 7 days old.
    It isn't that email is falling out of window. I have emails from today and yesterday that aren't showing up. It will say I have some unread messages and the list of emails will be blank. Anyway I guess it is time to test out Sprint Support.
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Same issue here started a couple days ago... but let me throw a wrench into this.. I have 2 gmail accounts... One (my main one) is not showing any messages although I have messages in there that are new, less than 24 hours old, etc. I just added my spam gmail account, and it added fine, and I can see and access all messages in there... too bad my primary is doing this and not the spam account (LOL). I see over at palm support someone is having this issue too, so I think there may be a real issue with some gmail accounts. I have also done the webos doctor, have removed and readded the account, am currently running a clean pre with no patches or apps...
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    ok, I added a second account to the pre (another gmail account) and it worked fine... then I sent a message from that secondary account over to my primary account and POOF, all my messages for the primary account are there... VERY WEIRD.
    I am having the same issue with my Roadrunner account and in the "All Inboxes" folder. I have deleted my RR acount and reentered it to no avail. I have sent emails to RR to force it to display all hidden messages but this did not work either. What I find strange is that any newly sent RR email does not show up in the inbox but shows up in "All Inboxes".
    Last edited by activedodger; 10/10/2009 at 01:58 PM.
    I think I solved my issue for now. I theorized that there may be a corrupt email within my Roadrunner account that was preventing the display of subsequent emails and thus, also having an impact in my "All Inboxes" folder. I deleted the oldest email in my Roadrunner inbox and all is well. I hope this helps!!! Cheers.
    I have a gmail account which is behaving the same way. Tried removing and re-adding multiple times, only shows about 5 emails, out of a supposed 64.

@activedodger: how exactly did you find the corrupt email?
    I am having the same problems since the last os update. Currently my gmail inbox on the pre is completely empty and of my 2 pop email accounts, 1 seems to be down loading properly and the other does not.

This started without me changing any settings.
    BUMP, because this is a pretty serious problem.
    My gmail account is my main email, and I'd like to know how to solve this.

Currently, I can only see the past 5 emails, even though tapping on the top bar reveals over 70 emails supposedly in the inbox.

Also, I've noticed that once I read an email, and swipe back into inbox view, it stays bolded and highlighted as if I haven't read it. But the new messages counter registers it. This doesn't happen with my other email account.
    SAME DA*M PROBLEM!! Spent a total now over 3 days of 7 hours on the phone with Palm's Technical support, which by-the-way, is a joke, only to be told to contact GMAIL. great... how do you contact a support department that has no support department!? i have had this phone since the morning it was released. and Gmail has worked fine until this point. i am now currently on the phone with sprint demanding they send me a new phone to attempt to try this. if this still doesn't fix the problem, i will be using my beloved palm pre as a furniture wedge.

--palm owner since 1999.
    I had the same problem, I noticed it after I applied a theme, and "landscape email" tweek. I tried everything, removing all tweeks, removing theme, removing and readding account, nothing worked. I ended up backup up all my data (on the USB Drive), used WebOSDoctor to wipe and restore my phone. It restored me to a clean v1.2.0 AND via my palm account, all my contacts and some of my homebrews were restored. I then updated to v1.2.1, reapplied my tweaks and theme, and presto, all is good. In fact, the phone is now snappier, more responsive and smoother because of this. Not sure why it happened, but this is what i did to fix it. good luck!
    Funny... I have done 2 Restores. 1 from my palm profile, then i created a second palm profile to restore completely blank. still no dice. palm had me try everything.. .at least 10 times. sprint no help. palm pre is a great phone and i love it, however i am not sure how long i can wait for palm and google to get together on this one.... if their updates and APP store expediency is any indication, we will be waiting quite a while.....
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    this is killing me i can't even see my inbox for my yahoo or gmail. They are both set on IMAP i don't know what this means and I'm being lazy and don't want to look it up haha. If someone can come up with a real solution that would be AMAZING! 1 Million Internets to the smart one who can figure this out!
    OK- Just had this problem today. I have 5 IMAP accounts and 1 POP account. The one account which didn't seem to load properly was a Gmail account. It's inbox and All Inboxes were blank for awhile, but some email started to load.

The funny thing is that after some new ones would load, some old ones from about 2 hours previous would drop off. I had set to show last 7 days and deliver as arrives. For testing, I set to show only last day and the inbox count dwindled. I set to show last 7 days again and the count incremented. Obviously there is a separate process for showing the messages than from getting the count.

I called Palm directly and they had me delete the account to no avail. Then they had me go into the Gmail web interface to ensure Imap access was set, but also to ensure Pop was set to: Enable POP for mail that arrives from now on. Then delete/add account again.

This started bringing messages back, although the problem is still not fixed. They came back in the gmail inbox, but the all inbox still only showed 5 messages. The tech told me to be patient and let everything download. Then the gmail inbox went back to showing only a handful of messages. For awhile, there was a big gap of blank lines between between the newest messages and yesterday's messages below the divider line.

I asked the tech what the support doc said about not having the Gmail POP access turned on at all since I no longer access via pop and she told me to just keep it as is. I think I will disable pop access if this still does not resolve itself.

So there you go. Something definitely going on. A clue from Palm. There has to be some internal index of messages even though the tech denied it. And another few hours wasted on beta testing for Palm.
    Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 680 -> Pre 100 EWW
    Quote Originally Posted by themaeker View Post
    SAME DA*M PROBLEM!! Spent a total now over 3 days of 7 hours on the phone with Palm's Technical support, which by-the-way, is a joke, only to be told to contact GMAIL. great... how do you contact a support department that has no support department!? i have had this phone since the morning it was released. and Gmail has worked fine until this point. i am now currently on the phone with sprint demanding they send me a new phone to attempt to try this. if this still doesn't fix the problem, i will be using my beloved palm pre as a furniture wedge.

--palm owner since 1999.
    After 2 hours with Sprint and about 4 hours with Palm...and about 20 times deleting and reinstalling my email, changing IMAP and POP settings, etc.. 2 days later I found the problem. I could send an email to my gmail account from the pre, and see it in the sent items, but not the inbox. I would go through all the steps, delete the emails in the inbox, problem would be solved....until the next morning, when in box would stop syncing.

The problem is an email I receive each morning saying my online Newspaper is ready to read. The email is from the following service that notifies online newspaper users and has an address of alerts@mail.pressdisplay.com

If I go through the web browser, delete the email, I no longer get the yellow triangle and the inbox will update and work until the next time I get the next alert.

I don't post on forums, but if I can help others save hours of time.......i hope my solution helps others identify what is going on for them. Palm and Sprint never figured it out. I have unsubscribed to the alert, and the sync works like it did since July when I got my phone.
    Last edited by itsme1; 11/17/2009 at 09:32 PM. Reason: spelling
    After weird display and scrolling problems plagued the email experience following my call to Palm, the problem seems to have worked itself out overnight.
    Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 680 -> Pre 100 EWW
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast