Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    How? When I first got the Pre, when the screen would blank and then I hit the power button, the "lock screen" would come up where I'd have to slide the lock up to unlock ... I did something now I never see that "lock screen" anymore? Any ideas? Is it a setting I changed? Thanks.
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    It goes to sleep after a while of non use or hitting the power... I do have to say I was hoping there would be some other way to wake the phone up. having to hit the power button and then unlock it. (unless im missing something)
    I have this same issue. Hitting the power button instantly brings the phone into an unlocked state, no icon to drag to unlock...
    Quote Originally Posted by jagowar View Post
    It goes to sleep after a while of non use or hitting the power... I do have to say I was hoping there would be some other way to wake the phone up. having to hit the power button and then unlock it. (unless im missing something)
    Opening the keyboard will wake up the device as well.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisdrackett View Post
    I have this same issue. Hitting the power button instantly brings the phone into an unlocked state, no icon to drag to unlock...
    Exactly. I don't know why. But I did see the lock icon a few times but now it's not there.

EDIT: Actually my lock icon has reappeared now and I don't know how I got it back.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Mines gone too. That's ****ty. It can make phonecalls in your pocket with no lock screen...
    my lock button appears every time i hit the power button to turn on the screen
    I think it was because I had the phone open (by the way, pressing the power button while the screen is open is a pain
    Are you asking how to get the lock screen to appear always?
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by ellianth View Post
    Are you asking how to get the lock screen to appear always?
    Yes. Sometimes it appears and sometimes it doesn't. When the phone goes dark and sleeps and you hit the power button I want the lock screen to appear everytime. How? Is this a bug?
    It's probably something like the old Palm's had as a setting (except the setting isn't there now, just forced.) They used to have an option where the keyguard would only come on if the screen was off for more than a minute or something.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Definitely a bug. i've turned off the phone and turned it back on, but it still doesn't appear. Any thoughts?
    This is not a bug! If you press the power button when the phone is open(keyboard exposed) or plugged in you do not get the unlock screen. This makes sense because if the phone is open or plugged in, you may have been using it want to get back to somthing quickly. However when closed and in pocket you want that safeguard of having the unlock function.
    On mine: If you hit the power button to tell it to sleep, there is no lock screen when you wake it up. But instead of hitting the power button to tell it to sleep, if you let it sit there until it auto-sleeps on its own, then the lock screen will be there when you wake it up. At least that's the pattern on my phone. ETA: it also depends on how you wake it up: when you hit the power button to wake it after it put itself to sleep is when the lock screen appears, but it always comes up without the lock screen if you open the keyboard to wake it up.

Haven't seen a way to tell it to lock every time it sleeps, whether you told it to or it did it automatically. I would like that if given the option, but it's not a big deal to me personally. Maybe it'll come later.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stcloudcountry25 View Post
    This is not a bug! If you press the power button when the phone is open(keyboard exposed) or plugged in you do not get the unlock screen. This makes sense because if the phone is open or plugged in, you may have been using it want to get back to somthing quickly. However when closed and in pocket you want that safeguard of having the unlock function.
    You're right. I had to jog it by setting a pin, then taking the pin off, but it's all good now. When it's unplugged, it locks.
  16.    #16  
    Ok thanks. That makes sense, I didn't make that connection, plugged in vs. not plugged in.

NOW, is there anyway to lock the handset without just waiting until it goes to sleep??
    yes, you just have to hit the power button and it locks. It takes a couple of seconds for it to lock.( If you press it again right after pressing it to lock the screen it doesn't have enough time to fully lock and goes strait to the screen.)
  18.    #18  
    yes, you just have to hit the power button and it locks. It takes a couple of seconds for it to lock.( If you press it again right after pressing it to lock the screen it doesn't have enough time to fully lock and goes strait to the screen.)
    Ahhhhh I see that now. Excellent. Thanks again.
    does anyone know if there is a way to set a password so that you have to enter it when it's locked to unlock the phone?
    I would like to know the same answer. For some reason, I thought I saw it last night. Though, I did dream about the phone.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast