Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by N1t0 View Post
    To everyone that asks why have it in landscape mode I say that sometimes if you want to plan your own route its useful to see all around you instead of a narrow corridor. AND Its personal preference. Why have the ability to do it and not put it to use? It wont keep me from getting the phone but it does make one wonder.
    You can zoom in or out to see more of your route in both google maps and presumably Sprint Telenav.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    I get that. I understand that functionality. Its inherent. Of course you could zoom in and out. Why cant you turn it? Really anything besides having that functionality is an excuse.
    Unless I haven't found it, there's no way to disable U-turns in Sprint Nav. I was on my way to the store testing it out. When I went against the directions in Sprint Nav, it tried to have me U-turn at every possible junction instead of selecting a better route. Even though I went a better way than the directions, eventually it said something to the extent of "could not render direction due to location." I was right in front of the store.
    You must not have read the article. It clearly states

"When Apple debuted its second generation iPhone 3G, the inclusion of GPS hardware suggested that the everything device might soon replace that TomTom suction-cupped to your windshield by offering real turn-by-turn directions. Other phones offer this functionality, but for whatever reason, Apple forbid it on the iPhone despite the device technically having the capability to pull it off."

So you're angry about going to a phone that doesn't offer landscape navigation, but the iPhone, you're going to have to keep clicking "next" on google maps. Or wait until some app comes out that provides turn by turn directions. But if you buy one now, there won't be an app for that. Haha
    Just get a dedicated GPS unit if you're gonna use it that much.
    Quote Originally Posted by KoukiFC3S View Post
    Just get a dedicated GPS unit if you're gonna use it that much.
    Just buy a dedicated MP3 player if you use it that much.
    Just buy a dedicated video player if you use it that much.
    Just buy a dedicated PDA if you use it that much.
    Just buy a dedicated Mobile Internet Device if you use it that much.

... Do you see yet why that doesn't work for some people?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12