1.    #1  
    Long time lurker...first time poster. First thanks to PreCentral for all the indepth coverage, I knew the phone before I even put my hands on it :P

So I was denied a Pre today at a Sprint Store.

- I've been a Sprint customer for 9 years.
    - Not eligible for an upgrade right now
    - Understands he will have to pay $549

Now that I've got that out of the way, I just want to buy a Pre regardless if my contract is renewed 2 more years or whatever.

I was in Herndon VA, and at 7:30 there were only 5 of us waiting outside. At 8 am the 2 employess present open the door and first say 'we are not doing any outright sales'

I explained my situation (bear in mind I called them the night before and confirmed I'd be ok) and they still said no. They won't sell to me. Essentially setting the stage that exisiting customers w/o upgrade options available will be denied sale of the Pre via an "Official Sprint Policy that was about 2 weeks old".

I call B.S., as did the other 4 with me, and they gave me the directions to a corporate store 5 miles away.

----------

I arrive in Reston VA and sure enough they confirm that the other store has no clue what they are talking about (re: denying a $549 + accesories sale) and got me on their list to be helped.

It took about an hour but it was well worth it.

Bottom line:
    - Pre rocks and is everything I had hoped it would be
    - Sprint in Herndon VA is totally clueless
    - Sprint in Reston were consummate professionals

LOL the one funny bit: The wayward Sprint store was playing PreCentral's 'how to open the battery compartment vid' on their TV
    I'd try another store!
    I think the 2nd half says he did.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Its funny how today these stores still don't know what's going with the Pre launch. Maybe they'll get their act together next month
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    I think the 2nd half says he did.
    Yupper
    Yet more dopes at store #1 that Sprint should investigate. These kind of stories mar the Sprint/Pre experience, something that's supposed to save both companies. Sprint should have a few troubleshooters that hear stories like this and investigate. They should also have the power to make it right with the person shafted, especially if that individual is a Premier Customer.
    Verizon
  7.    #7  
    I'm thinking that b/c they aren't a corporate store, that perhaps they were trying to inflate their numbers for new accounts but mitigating the amount of existing clients buying their stock.