Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    I woke up early enough to get to the sprint stores when they opened but I ended up having some second thoughts about losing my old phone plan. I finally decided to go out and just get around 10 but to my surprise there were lines in front of all the sprint stores I went to, and after calling about 20 stores around Chicago it appears that they weren't kidding about limited stock.

Anyone else here that ended up not getting it today?
    I didn't get one today because my contract ends July 1st and I'm not paying more money just so I can get it today.
    Im sticking with BB until Pre beta testing is done
    im curious if anyone actually waited in line and ended up not getting one
  5. joelpalm
    I am a new customer and didn't get one. Through my job I can order it online and get $150 mail in rebate instead of $100 so I am going to order it next week.
    Waiting until I qualify for an upgrade. I got my Centro the day it was released, so I'll have to be patient a little while longer.
    Powered by Palm since 1996...
    Palm Pilot > Palm V > Tungsten T > Trēo 650 > Centro > Prē > Prē F102

...gave up and switched to iPhone4 7/15/10
    I headed to my local store at 7am, and was 10th in line. I got mine, but by 9am they had started a call list for those who wouldn't get one. My store only had 25 units.

-- Posted from my Palm Pre
    I went to 7 stores (and im currently working) and all stores were out of pre's. I went to Sprint and BestBuys around the PHX area.

Man im irritated that the stock of this phone is so low.
    Same here, July 1st end of contract. Plus I'm waiting to read everyone's bug/bad list first
    I got to my local Sprint store this morning at 7:15am and there were already about 40 people standing in line. There was a Sprint employee there handing out tickets to people buying the Pre, but there were no tickets left for me. So they just put me on the waiting list and they'll contact me when they get more in stock.

At first I was pretty bummed that I didn't get one this morning, but after reading up on all the issues Pre owners are experiencing (like dead pixels and the cloudy splotches at the bottom of the screen), I think I'll hang on to my 700p for a bit until I get a better sense of the stability & quality of the Pre.
    Didn't get one either, probably due to Sprint but I'm not sure. I'll know Monday.

Harken to my tale of woe. It was almost in my hand! In my hand!

About seven years ago I had a Handspring Visor with a Sprint cell phone module. Eventually it died, so I canceled my Sprint account.

Last week I looked at the list of Best Buy stores with Pres in my area, and selected the one with the most. I got there this morning about half an hour before opening, and there was a line. But the list was correct, the store had 8 units, and I was number six.

When I finally made it to the sign-up desk, the clerk tried to get me set up with Sprint. But he couldn't. Sprint had some kind of flag on my name. He said to go to the Sprint corporate store down the block, but if I wasn't back by 12:30 he'd have to sell my Pre to somebody else.

Get to the Sprint corporate store. There I found out that it appears that somebody is using my account, and I have to contact the Sprint fraud department. Which is closed on weekends.

So no Pre for me. On Monday I get to contact the fraud department and get to the bottom of this. Maybe I'll have a Pre by next week. But this sure is vexing.

I was expecting to arrive at the store and learn that they were sold out. I was not expecting to get in under the wire, get to the check-out desk, and have it slip the surly bonds of earth and slip away like that. Oh well.
    I didn't. Waiting for a GSM pre.
    Cingular Treo 750||ATT WM6 ROM||AT&T Blue SIM||1GB SanDisk Card||
    I didn't even try.. waiting for WWDC and to see what everyone thinks of the Pre before switching carriers.
    I got to my BB about 1 our before opening. 5 people in front of me. Thought I'd be good as a few had just gotten there a few minutes before. Sale rep was taking everyone's info down. He got the guy in front of me and said quietly to him that they only had 4 units. Bummer I was 6th. He then took my info and said they'd call me in the order we were there when units come in. Not sure when that will be. I did get a cover, screen protector and leather case so I have them ready. Oh well- I'll try the local sprint stores the first of the week - everyday- to get one:>
    I didnt. I even went to the pre hollywood premier.

Big nonos, not allowing a switch from the free and clear plan, asking me to double my bill.

Now ill see what apple has to offer monday.

Tough to see so many bugs reported.
    I didn't end up with one because Palm/Sprint shafted us with limited stock.
    guys.. i didn't a Blackberry Storm the day it came out and i was pretty pissed.. and upset.. And i understand..

BUUUUUTTT

I got the PRE!!! i walked in at 10pm just for S#its and giggles and BOOM!! I was the last one to get one!! They had a bunch more in the back for their good long time customers, And i don't blame them one bit..

It seems much smaller then my blackberry storm.. And if i remember correctly my Blackberry storm crashed 3 times on me the first day i had it.
    I didn't get one.

Instead, I spent an hour chatting with folks in line, then an hour playing with the Pre when the store opened. (A kinda manager remembered me and let me play with a demo unit - free of security cables - while the first 10 people were getting their Pre's.)

Anyway, I'm VERY glad that I didn't end up buying a Pre before trying it out. I'm going to have to get my mind right (among other things) before diving into this phone.

There are too many things about it that bug me. (That said, browsing on my 755p, today, was a BEAR... so I may very well make the leap some time soon.)
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by s140 View Post
    I didnt. I even went to the pre hollywood premier.

Big nonos, not allowing a switch from the free and clear plan, asking me to double my bill.

Now ill see what apple has to offer monday.

Tough to see so many bugs reported.
    Even with apple/att your going to have to spend more

Quote Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
    I didn't end up with one because Palm/Sprint shafted us with limited stock.
    I agree
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah239 View Post
    I didn't get one today because my contract ends July 1st and I'm not paying more money just so I can get it today.
    u

ditto, mine contract ends july 1st also but im going to see what bugs the pre has before i buy it
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast