Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 39 of 39
  1. #21  
    I was third in line at my local sprint store... I was turned away because I was a 30 day exchange. They told me to come back Monday.
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by kilofoxtrot View Post
    I was third in line at my local sprint store... I was turned away because I was a 30 day exchange. They told me to come back Monday.
    Thats terrible, your still a customer.
  3. #23  
    I have 5 lines on FC unlimited family plan and need this on my main line.... I dont know what to do cause there is NOTHING out there that comes close to unlimited mins lol if i put my line only on SE thats still 100 more per month lol
  4. #24  
    So I had to be at work at 7 am didn't get lunch break until 11:45am. I called my closest store all sold out. Then I called every store near my home and work everyone sold out. .......Guess I will be waiting until they get more. someone said they will have more Monday, but Sprint employees are not known for their honesty.
    I thought I was special being a Premier customer
  5. mcwheeler's Avatar
    Posts
    47 Posts
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    #25  
    I got a 800w in October so I have to wait. I'm sure their are bugs so I will wait at least a 3 months if I decide to bite the bullet and buy on at Best Buy.
    A.S.d.l.C
  6. #26  
    Nyrath, I am so sorry to hear that. I hope the fraud department gets everything worked out quickly, and that you have your Pre in hand soon.

    I did not buy today. There were none available for purchase: Best Buys were sold out in the metro Atlanta area, and my nearest Sprint store was sold out, too (rep said he figured this was true for all area stores).

    I'm okay with it. The demo phone felt sluggish, but I'm wondering if that's because they appeared to have some sort of demo video running on it in addition to the cards. I'm going to wait and see a little bit. My contract isn't up with my current carrier until October, anyway, so it would be a little expensive to break it.
  7. Craig S.'s Avatar
    Posts
    24 Posts
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    #27  
    I didn't get one today either, just wondering for those that didn't also, when are they getting more?
  8. #28  
    Went to Best Buy just before they opened, and the two Pre's that they had went to the first two people in line. So we raced to the nearest Sprint store and they had a few left. I heard they had 25 units this morning. We got two of them!!
  9. millsam89's Avatar
    Posts
    31 Posts
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    #29  
    The guy in front of me got the last one! I waited in line for about an hour! Mine is now paid for but I have to wait for tomorrow for it to be transferred from another store
  10. Quold's Avatar
    Posts
    81 Posts
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    #30  
    Nyrath - I had pretty much the exact same experience happen to me today.

    I got to my local Sprint store early, got a number (21 out of 25), then found out others in line where getting two, nervously waited until 10:30. It turns out that I was to get the very last Pre they had in stock ... except that I, too, was unable to get a new account set up due to someone else using my SSN.
    I was given the fraud hotline number and told to call them on monday

    The thing is ... I had my identity stolen about three years ago. Back then I had to spend a lot of time (8 hours a day for about 2 weeks) on the phone with the government, various credit agencies, etc., to get everything worked out. Turns out the guy that had my SSN was an illegal immigrant (the clue was that he was supposed to be born in 1988, but had been a roofer for 20 years ... in 2005). This same name (same guy) was the one that popped up for Sprint. Pretty much I know that I will need to fax them a copy of my SSN card, and a Drivers License, and it will be all good.

    I'm actually not too worried about it - it gives me more time to read about how things are going for others that have purchased the Pre.
  11. howiej1's Avatar
    Posts
    106 Posts
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    #31  
    That would be me. I waited in line in San Francisco for like 3 1/2 hrs. They did come out and tell us at 7:50 AM that they only had roughly 35 in stock. I was # 37. They took down our contact information and told us they would have them on Monday. I waited along with the two people ahead of me on the "wait" list. Apparently 4 Pre's were defective, but those people did get a phone in the end. This means that they had a few more than they originally told us, possibly "assuming" from past experiences from Palm devices that some would be defective. WOW - another half-truth, which is all I have gotten from Sprint or Palm for the pat three weeks! Ridiculous.

    I love my Treo 755, even though it crashes fairly frequently and has some limitations and bugs. If you look at Palm's record for fixing various issues on the Treo 650, 700P and now 755P, you know that instead of fixing things quickly or even at all, they have let their customers down.

    I know the Web OS is capable of being upgraded OTA, and hopefully Palm has changed their tune. But considering they are forcing me, a so-caled "Premiere Customer" onto a different plan, with a mandatory 2 yr agreement (signed a 1 yr in Dec)- was originally told by Sprint Retention that as a Premier Customer, I only had to sign one year deals. Apparently that is not the case if I wanted the Pre.

    I think I will wait a week, month, maybe a while... Unless they fix he issue with the battery and copy/paste limitations, and raise the keys on the keyboard - maybe Rev B hardware in a few months?
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by howiej1 View Post
    I think I will wait a week, month, maybe a while... Unless they fix he issue with the battery and copy/paste limitations, and raise the keys on the keyboard - maybe Rev B hardware in a few months?
    I wouldn't hold my breath on a Rev B Hardware release, they're probably working toward production of a GSM phone already.
    “Wolves are the top of the food chain, and when the wolf population is healthy, all other animal and plant populations are healthy.” -- Lois Tulleners
  13. Quold's Avatar
    Posts
    81 Posts
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by howiej1 View Post
    I know the Web OS is capable of being upgraded OTA, and hopefully Palm has changed their tune. But considering they are forcing me, a so-caled "Premiere Customer" onto a different plan, with a mandatory 2 yr agreement (signed a 1 yr in Dec)- was originally told by Sprint Retention that as a Premier Customer, I only had to sign one year deals. Apparently that is not the case if I wanted the Pre.
    According to Palm's 10K, for the Pre (and perhaps for all other WebOS devices), Palm has switched to a different accounting method - subscription based. Pretty much what this means is that they are going to be updating the phone (and the OS) on a much more frequent basis. In fact, this is the reason given for why they are switching accounting systems. Hopefully, this will result in more updates in a much quicker time - as they have now allocated funds for such activities.
  14. #34  
    Went to the sprint store today around 1pm and they had 5 left. I spent about an hour with the phone playing around with it. Finally, I could tell the sales people were getting a little frustrated because I wasn't buying...so I told them I would be back after I had done more research. Think I may go back tomorrow.
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by slingbox View Post
    Im sticking with BB until Pre beta testing is done
    Beta testing is long over; however, it's good to see sour grapes are in good supply.
  16. SoCal65's Avatar
    Posts
    38 Posts
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    #36  
    My local Sprint Store had 120 in stock -- sold out by 3:00pm...

    And there's a waiting list now....
  17. #37  
    My contract ends two years from now. Plus, I really like the Word To Go on my Centro. Going to hold out for now. The feature I really like is the multi tasking and how other apps and alerts don't interfere with the current program I am using. That is lovely. But I am waiting until my contract ends
    Nokia American Idol Phone< Motorola RAZR<Nokia Flip Phone<Sidekick Slide<Palm Centro<HTC Snap

    Currently Enjoying: Palm Pixi
  18. #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by Katharine View Post
    Nyrath, I am so sorry to hear that. I hope the fraud department gets everything worked out quickly, and that you have your Pre in hand soon.

    I did not buy today. There were none available for purchase: Best Buys were sold out in the metro Atlanta area, and my nearest Sprint store was sold out, too (rep said he figured this was true for all area stores).
    Thank you. I did get in touch and finally managed to work everything out.
    Alas, now there does not seem to be a Pre in stock for sale in my entire state.

    I guess I'll have to call around and see if I can get on a waiting list or something.
  19. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by Quold View Post
    Nyrath - I had pretty much the exact same experience happen to me today.

    I got to my local Sprint store early, got a number (21 out of 25), then found out others in line where getting two, nervously waited until 10:30. It turns out that I was to get the very last Pre they had in stock ... except that I, too, was unable to get a new account set up due to someone else using my SSN.
    I was given the fraud hotline number and told to call them on monday
    I'm very sorry to hear that. As it turns out for me, it was not fraud so much as it was an account mix-up. It is fixed now, but unfortunately all the Pres for sale are gone.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions