Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Well

What can I say after looking at my Pre over for almost 2 hours and checking every setting etc it just seems "Not finished"

I mean all the built in apps are pretty crappy as far as usability compared to the old Palm OS stuff.

The only thing better so far is the calander. tasks, memos, and even camera seem featureless compared to the old Pam stuff

On top of that the sliding mechanism is pretty hard as of today, but hopefully that will change.

Yeah the web browser is better and sprint navigation is nice, but even the old Phone app on my 755 is better

I want to point out that I dont put my life in the "CLoud". I dont have 3-5 email acounts etc to keep track of. I dont twitter or facebook or any of those.One thing I like about my 755p is that even without a data connection its still usefull. I'm hoping the apps pick up and same becomes of the Pre.

Am I crazy here or does anyone else feel the same?
    I think you are crazy, but I was never a treo user before. I like most things about the pre way better than my iphone.
    ill have to disagree, this phone is absolutely amazing and stunning in every way
    I definitely agree. Tasks and Memos are the bread & butter of PIM. Calendar is fine, but there's not even a "Today" / Memo screen like there was on my 700p. That was the at-a-glance feature that told me exactly what was coming my way. Certainly feels like they've put more on multimedia features than PIM. I certainly hope they improve it and don't forsake their roots.
    I am just happy to give up WinMo. So I know the Pre will delivery.
    I disagree completely, but to each his own.
    The pre is great, I'm coming from a touch pro and a iphone 3g.
  8. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Usually I respect the opinion of other people, but in this case, no. You're dumb.

This phone is fantastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by OLD_HATCH View Post
    Well

What can I say after looking at my Pre over for almost 2 hours and checking every setting etc it just seems "Not finished"

I mean all the built in apps are pretty crappy as far as usability compared to the old Palm OS stuff.

The only thing better so far is the calander. tasks, memos, and even camera seem featureless compared to the old Pam stuff

On top of that the sliding mechanism is pretty hard as of today, but hopefully that will change.

Yeah the web browser is better and sprint navigation is nice, but even the old Phone app on my 755 is better

I want to point out that I dont put my life in the "CLoud". I dont have 3-5 email acounts etc to keep track of. I dont twitter or facebook or any of those.One thing I like about my 755p is that even without a data connection its still usefull. I'm hoping the apps pick up and same becomes of the Pre.

Am I crazy here or does anyone else feel the same?
    you not crazy advance tech gadgets is just not for you....
    Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I have had every Palm phone since the first Treo, and this thing smokes them all (even with the f-ed up screen blotches)
    I can understand where your coming from but I'm sure in time palm will add some more functionality to the apps. But I still think the phone and general web os is amazing. I didn't think I would ever let go of my palm os but after just a few hours with it I'm like palm os? Who???
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyg View Post
    You're dumb.
    Now that is a funny post. Apparently Pre's advertising budget must have been spent during Saturday morning cartoons, and I guess it worked!

I think this phone is phenomenal. However, coming from a blackberry I know exactly the feeling the OP is getting. Once you get used to syncing your NOTES and TASKS then it's like you get to stop using your brain (it's so nice).

If you are not used to that feature then you will never miss it and all of the great stuff about this phone will be untainted. But I'm going from never thinking about maintaining any of my information to needing to email myself notes and sync Outlook > Gmail > Pre.

Yet I still bought the phone. Why? Because it's so darn cool.

Buy yes, unless you actually manage your life and business via Facebook and Twitter this phone's software falls a little short. But who cares? It's cool dammit!
    Meets all my needs. I have multiple accounts, twitter, facebook etc This thing was built for me :P

I want a phone for data and communications mgt. If I want to shoot video or play with pictures I have other gear for that.

Re: Apps - The iphone didn't have squat for apps when it launched...just give it time.
  14.    #14  
    lol

Intelligence has nothing to do with it.

Frankly while it is a very nice phone its not all it was hyped up to be. I am just hoping that real applications will make it something better, but once you get past the newness of it it really doesnt do much out the box.

Again I am not a type of person that puts all their info on the net so all the "Cloud" hype doesnt meanuch to me.

Email is good, web is good, but the simple organization of the Palm OS is just not there.
    I've been a Palm user since the original Pilot. One of the things that has annoyed me over the years is that Palm seems to have forgotten the Task and Memo apps. It was so convenient with the older Palm PDAs having a separate button for each of the 4 major apps. I've never been happy with the decision to take away the dedicated Task and Memo buttons. It sounds like these apps didn't get much attention with the development of WebOS. That's a shame IMO.

HSAT, it's not a really strong argument against the Pre, though.