Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by searchable View Post
    Thank you! That's exactly my experience as well!
    Geesh people, WebOs is fantastic, the hardware is not nearly as good as the OS
    exactly.... finally some sane people.. this keyboard is a waste of space. How could the top brass at Palm actually agree on this design? it's horrible!.. the sharp edges raised in the keypad are so not ergo.. I could see if you were stranded on a deserted island, you could use the slide out keypad to catch a substantial amount of water.. LOL.. it not good..
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Wow, I find the keyboard awful. It looks like they wanted a keyboard and threw in the smallest one they could find. The keys have no tactile separation so I couldn't tell what key my thumb was pressing on. It's MINISCULE as well. Two finger typing the thumbs kept bumping into each other on the keyboard because it took so long to tell what keyboard key I was pressing.
    I think this depends on where you come from. If yo come from Curve, yes, the keys are smaller. If you don't like Pre's keys, I would bet you don't like Centro's either. But many people adjusted to Centro. If keyboard is so important, then I don't think you can use any compact smartphone, there simply not enough space. If Pre is as big as Curve, I think they can put in the same keyboard.

The real question is which is more important, size or good keyboard.
    Palm V -> Treo 600 (lost) -> Treo 650 -> Centro -> Pre -> Photon
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by danmosk View Post
    I really want to love this phone I switched from VZW 755p for the Pre. But i find the OS slow (I loved how on the Palm OS you press a button and the app is loaded and ready) I sync a very large exchange calendar - I live in my calendar all day and email and I am finding the refresh from day to day really slow. I don't like that I don't have a d-pad to move the cursor.

My take away is the same with my experiment with the iPhone - it great at all the things I don;t need it for (music, web browsing, apps) but slow and clumsy with all the things I rely on every day (calendar, email and phone).

Now what - do I go back to VZW and the 755p (it is calling to me from my desk)? do I try iPhone 3.0 (ATT doesn't get reception in my house)?

I WANTED to love the Pre!
    For you usage, maybe 750 is a better choice. But I think you may want to wait until iPhone's announcement is out, just to see what they have. I doubt they will put a keyboard in there, or greatly enhance the calendar and email programs, but we never know until they show us what they have.

For me, AT&T is not an option, and I am not thrill at Apple controlling everything on iPhone, including what apps can be added to it.
    Palm V -> Treo 600 (lost) -> Treo 650 -> Centro -> Pre -> Photon
    Quote Originally Posted by ksom View Post
    I think this depends on where you come from. If yo come from Curve, yes, the keys are smaller. If you don't like Pre's keys, I would bet you don't like Centro's either. But many people adjusted to Centro. If keyboard is so important, then I don't think you can use any compact smartphone, there simply not enough space. If Pre is as big as Curve, I think they can put in the same keyboard.

The real question is which is more important, size or good keyboard.
    Good point. Hmm, might have to get the new iPhone monday I suspect as the touch screen with the word match seemed to work well for me. Maybe if the Pre had similar software functionality?

Quote Originally Posted by ksom View Post
    For you usage, maybe 750 is a better choice. But I think you may want to wait until iPhone's announcement is out, just to see what they have. I doubt they will put a keyboard in there, or greatly enhance the calendar and email programs, but we never know until they show us what they have.

For me, AT&T is not an option, and I am not thrill at Apple controlling everything on iPhone, including what apps can be added to it.
    Just Jailbreak the iPhone, then you can add whatever apps you like.
    Granted I did extensive research before I got this Centro, everybody doesn't do that. And you guys are being jerks. He wasn't bashing IMO. I read it moreso as a post asking for other opinions or for people to help him see what he's missing. Some of y'all are just as bad as Crackberry members and Apple fanboys
    Nokia American Idol Phone< Motorola RAZR<Nokia Flip Phone<Sidekick Slide<Palm Centro<HTC Snap

Currently Enjoying: Palm Pixi
    And why is searchable still here? Have you seen the type of posts he thanked?
    Nokia American Idol Phone< Motorola RAZR<Nokia Flip Phone<Sidekick Slide<Palm Centro<HTC Snap

Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    If anyone's fits the description above, it's you, for assuming that your requirements match everyone else's.
    Absolutely agree.
    Quote Originally Posted by shawnfb View Post
    exactly.... finally some sane people.. this keyboard is a waste of space. How could the top brass at Palm actually agree on this design? it's horrible!.. the sharp edges raised in the keypad are so not ergo.. I could see if you were stranded on a deserted island, you could use the slide out keypad to catch a substantial amount of water.. LOL.. it not good..
    Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by cckgz4 View Post
    Oh is thanking someone a big deal or something? lol, who cares, it's a *****ing forum not votes for the Nobel prize.
    It's weird how some of you guys take it personal. It's a damn phone, not *-wars.

True that most of those issues were outlined in the posts of this forum before, and obvious that the pre is v.01. on a brand new Os, that only brings a new ergonomy and fantastic future possibilities.
    Buying that early is a choice (and a chance for you spoiled people)

The core of its use -screen and keyboard apart, where each opinion and habit is valuable- will depend mostly on the skills of the developpers; and at this stage, right, for hard-users, this first WebOs telephone is still naked.
    The Pre could not be fully finalized so shortly, and spaces for optimizing its use have to remain free, allowing development and creating an ecosystem around the Os.

That said, most of the common users do not buy third party apps to their smartphone.
    Even in this case, I don't think the Pre is underdevelloped, and, to my very humble opinion that won't offense the others, most important, appealing and very easy to use to the mass of customers.

I'm in France, so I have no choice but being patient. Shure I'd bought the Pre right away if I could, keeping some extra money and monthes of patience for having it performant as my Treo is.
    I'll do with what will be on the market to adapt the Pre at my professional use then, and I'm confident that the offer of softs will be mature for its availability in Western Europe.
    Last edited by Wayenberg; 06/07/2009 at 06:36 AM.
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    I got the Pre. I like it. I'm impressed with WebOS. I like the card thingy and multitasking. I like the real keyboard. It's pretty much naked but the basic functions that I need are there. I like synergy. I like its design. I like its pretty screen. These are the reasons why I bought this smartphone and Palm exceeded my expectations.
    Quote Originally Posted by prochobo View Post
    And what exactly are these "business features" you speak of? Like there's a "consumer" way of checking email and a separate "business" way of checking email and such. . . That's just one example, what else you got?
    I'll only waste my time giving two examples, and they are two at the heart of what makes a good PIM device.

1. Tasks. Very watered down and clumsy. No sync with Google, ony syncs with Exchange, but then it appears that the ability to delegate a task to your assistant and have it keep that category on your device doesn't carry over.
    2. Memo's. They don't sync back and forth to your computer.
    3. What the hell. I'll give you a freebie: The keyboard. If you can't type much more than LOL, smiley faces, and "OMG" quickly, you aren't going to be able to hammer out emails, tasks, memos, etc.
    Oh is thanking someone a big deal or something? lol, who cares, it's a *****ing forum not votes for the Nobel prize.
    Lol like your sarcasm. Anyhow, why stick around in this section if you don't like the product? I'm not asking for you to be banned. I just think it's hella funny that I can tell which posts you are gonna thank before I see your name

Lol like your sarcasm. Anyhow, why stick around in this section if you don't like the product? I'm not asking for you to be banned. I just think it's hella funny that I can tell which posts you are gonna thank before I see your name
    Good point.

But actually it's helpful for me here to compile my list of flaws on the Pre as I make my final determination between the new iPhone and the Pre.

At this point, with the huge number of software flaws (or omissions) and hardware design that doesn't work for me on the Pre, if the iPhone comes with a new cheaper plan I will go to iPhone.
    Good point.

But actually it's helpful for me here to compile my list of flaws on the Pre as I make my final determination between the new iPhone and the Pre.

At this point, with the huge number of software flaws (or omissions) and hardware design that doesn't work for me on the Pre, if the iPhone comes with a new cheaper plan I will go to iPhone.
    For the first time in a lonnnng time, I'm actually considering an iPhone. It's HIGHLY unlikely that I'll go to AT&T so take that for what it's worth, but the Pre is lacking some stuff that I do so often that I'm hesitant to make the jump.

What's also likely, but kinda disappointing, is that I may just stick with my 755p. It's not perfect by any means, but it's mighty, mighty useful.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Searchable, i'll save you time here. don't Thank me. this post is not bashing the Pre.

Good point.

i'm pretty sure that all those software flaws or omissions and hardware designs you speak of are things that you've probably already known about if you've been around here or followed the phone for any period of time before the phone went on sale yesterday. it seems as though you are one of those people that wanted the newest tech. so you can be That person who has the cool new toy and then a bunch of other people here started complaining about things they Knew about before the phone went on sale and you'd like to just jump on the band wagon. maybe you should've just saved your time and waited until monday to find out what little things were added to the iphone that should've come with ver. 1.0 and then say "OMG Apple iz so amazing!!!1 they are geniuses i'm going to go buy a iphone!" and then you wouldn't have to deal with the return process on the phone you knew you didn't like in the first place.

to the people who like BB's keyboard, maybe you should've kept your BB. to the one's who like their onscreen keyboard, maybe you should've stayed with your iphone.

to the OP, if you don't want your world in the CLOUD then maybe you shouldn't have bought a phone that WORKS IN THE CLOUD.

simple as that.

and before you fire back at me and say "lol why are your panties in a bunch?" this post isn't angry or anything like that whatsoever. i'm not a pre fanboy or any of those weak things that you'll try to come back at me with. so save your breath. it won't do you any good.

i feel bad for all those who decided to adopt a 1.0 device and are now disappointed in said 1.0 device. have you all not learned anything in whatever number of years you've been on this planet? companies leave things out ON PURPOSE. it's the way they make money and keep people buying the same thing over and over again.

please learn from your mistakes. it will make you more wise.

this thread is quite comical. thanks for the laughs.

have a nice day.
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Good point. Hmm, might have to get the new iPhone monday I suspect as the touch screen with the word match seemed to work well for me. Maybe if the Pre had similar software functionality?

Just Jailbreak the iPhone, then you can add whatever apps you like.
    Read this whole thread and "searchable" does keep thanking and pretty much saying the same again again and again. ????

I think we all know his/her opinion and seems to "thank" people like he has a nervous twitch?

Just in case nobody has worked it out "searchable" hates the keyboard!!!

What this all comes down to is personal preference, and thats why there are more phone manufactuers then just one, so everyone can have a choice on what suits them best.

Enjoy your iphone "searchable" all 31 posts since u joined (today) are negative against the pre, worried about something? or just bored?
    Last edited by sjjones; 06/07/2009 at 12:29 PM.
    At this point, just bored. lol. Thanks for the thoughts!
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    At this point, just bored. lol. Thanks for the thoughts!

Thanks for admitting your a troll and have nothing better to do with your day!!
    Quote Originally Posted by sjjones View Post
    Thanks for admitting your a troll and have nothing better to do with your day!!
    Any time. Glad I could be of help! Thanks +1 for you!
    Last edited by searchable; 06/07/2009 at 04:13 PM.
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast