and/or

b) HAM FINGERS LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyg View Post
    I would imagine that you would have a hard time on the keyboard if

a) you had severe motor skill issues

and/or

b) HAM FINGERS LOL
    Never owned a smart phone.

Picked up a BB Curve yesterday, had no problem hammering out on the keyboard. The Curve keyboard (and other non Pre devices) have keyboards with space between the keys and the keys are taller so you can easily feel the difference.

A well designed device will be able to serve users with a wide variety of abilities. Enough people are complaining about the keyboard, Palm missed the mark on an otherwise great device. Stick a good keyboard in this thing, its a winner for more than a few people willing to "get used to it"
    I really want to love this phone I switched from VZW 755p for the Pre. But i find the OS slow (I loved how on the Palm OS you press a button and the app is loaded and ready) I sync a very large exchange calendar - I live in my calendar all day and email and I am finding the refresh from day to day really slow. I don't like that I don't have a d-pad to move the cursor.

My take away is the same with my experiment with the iPhone - it great at all the things I don;t need it for (music, web browsing, apps) but slow and clumsy with all the things I rely on every day (calendar, email and phone).

Now what - do I go back to VZW and the 755p (it is calling to me from my desk)? do I try iPhone 3.0 (ATT doesn't get reception in my house)?

I WANTED to love the Pre!
    Quote Originally Posted by searchable View Post
    Agree. And the keyboard SUCKS!!!! WOW I am SOOO disappointed, I really wanted this to be as great as I hoped.
    Really? I have used a Blackberry Bold & an iPhone user since day 1. The keyboard on this phone I think is excellent. I make less errors on this phone than I did with the BB or the iPhone. I'm 6'1 & have pretty large hands... Keyboard might not be okay for Andre the Giant... but otherwise, most people should be good!
    Quote Originally Posted by danmosk View Post
    I really want to love this phone I switched from VZW 755p for the Pre. But i find the OS slow (I loved how on the Palm OS you press a button and the app is loaded and ready) I sync a very large exchange calendar - I live in my calendar all day and email and I am finding the refresh from day to day really slow. I don't like that I don't have a d-pad to move the cursor.

My take away is the same with my experiment with the iPhone - it great at all the things I don;t need it for (music, web browsing, apps) but slow and clumsy with all the things I rely on every day (calendar, email and phone).

Now what - do I go back to VZW and the 755p (it is calling to me from my desk)? do I try iPhone 3.0 (ATT doesn't get reception in my house)?

I WANTED to love the Pre!
    There are many many other phones out there... take a look. Corporate types really like the BB Bold.
    Maybe its because I have my Bold tweaked PERFECTLY to my perfection that Im having such a hard time with the Pre.... But I just feel its lacking a lot of functionality... Im not completely turned off to it... I just miss simple things, like my LCD notifications and my Twitter, Myspace and Facebook apps that would give me an on screen notifier for new messages, comments, tweets, ect...

sigh..... hoping Im just being stubborn and the longer I mess around with it the more I love it
    I'm a Pre gal now
    Quote Originally Posted by OLD_HATCH View Post
    Well

What can I say after looking at my Pre over for almost 2 hours and checking every setting etc it just seems "Not finished"

I mean all the built in apps are pretty crappy as far as usability compared to the old Palm OS stuff.

The only thing better so far is the calander. tasks, memos, and even camera seem featureless compared to the old Pam stuff

On top of that the sliding mechanism is pretty hard as of today, but hopefully that will change.

Yeah the web browser is better and sprint navigation is nice, but even the old Phone app on my 755 is better

I want to point out that I dont put my life in the "CLoud". I dont have 3-5 email acounts etc to keep track of. I dont twitter or facebook or any of those.One thing I like about my 755p is that even without a data connection its still usefull. I'm hoping the apps pick up and same becomes of the Pre.

Am I crazy here or does anyone else feel the same?
    Mine is very "creaky".. pressing the back battery cover.. , two thumbs on the sides.. the back flexes and creaks.
    One of the "cheapest" phones I have ever owned. feel wise..
    the keyboard is horrible way too cramped. I can't wait to get rid of this phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by shawnfb View Post
    Mine is very "creaky".. pressing the back battery cover.. , two thumbs on the sides.. the back flexes and creaks.
    One of the "cheapest" phones I have ever owned. feel wise..
    the keyboard is horrible way too cramped. I can't wait to get rid of this phone.
    Make sure the battery cover is properly attached. Others are reporting that it feels "solid" when it's correctly in place.
    “Wolves are the top of the food chain, and when the wolf population is healthy, all other animal and plant populations are healthy.” -- Lois Tulleners
    I agree as coming from a Curve. The BB had so many useful features and usability tweaks that you really do miss them on the Pre. I guess I was thinking that Palm would have taken more from the BB after all it is 'free' usability testing that has already been done and proven.

Quote Originally Posted by cathartic8881 View Post
    Maybe its because I have my Bold tweaked PERFECTLY to my perfection that Im having such a hard time with the Pre.... But I just feel its lacking a lot of functionality... Im not completely turned off to it... I just miss simple things, like my LCD notifications and my Twitter, Myspace and Facebook apps that would give me an on screen notifier for new messages, comments, tweets, ect...

sigh..... hoping Im just being stubborn and the longer I mess around with it the more I love it
    Wanna trade? I have a Treo 680 if ya want it... I'll snatch your Pre. lol
    just kidding
    I Can't believe people are knocking this phone.... THis thing is freakin sweet and I've had them all including the iphone...
    palm m103 > palm m130 > palm TlX > 755p > PRE (FINALLY!!!!)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrdavis55 View Post
    I Can't believe people are knocking this phone.... THis thing is freakin sweet and I've had them all including the iphone...
    No phone will be everything to everyone.

But it kind of pathetic that every remorsfull pre owner here complains about things that were already known well before now. They are just crybabys.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyg View Post
    You're dumb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    They are just crybabys.
    Gotta love this dialogue.
    To OP - Meh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    No phone will be everything to everyone.

But it kind of pathetic that every remorsfull pre owner here complains about things that were already known well before now. They are just crybabys.
    E.A.D k? Thanks
    I'm a Pre gal now
    I went into a Sprint store and tried a Pre out today. While the screen and form factor is incredible, I am very disappointed at how slow it responds to changing apps. My Treo 650 feels faster! Booting up seems to take forever also. WTF?
    poor pre fail
    Quote Originally Posted by TVMA View Post
    poor pre fail
    haha
    Quote Originally Posted by OLD_HATCH View Post
    I mean all the built in apps are pretty crappy as far as usability compared to the old Palm OS stuff.
    Yeah, it's kinda sad. This OS was originally supposed to the UPGRADE for our PalmOS we have been waiting for all these years. (Before Twitter was even invented.) Instead, the goal seems to be to emulate the iPhone.

That said, palm has to be pragmatic, so PDA functionality takes a back seat to entertainment functionality so they can stay in business.

Being on SERO, I can't get a pre anyway, so I got a Treo Pro. It's actually less laggy than my 755P and adds some very cool features and upgrades. So far, I like it. You might want to check it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grim View Post
    Make sure the battery cover is properly attached. Others are reporting that it feels "solid" when it's correctly in place.
    I want another one care to sell yours
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast