Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Centro85 View Post
    I still can't figure out how to turn off Gmail messanger though, I wish I knew that (never use it). I think Palm will have a real winner here once they fix some of the bugs, make the OS more efficient AND GET THE DARN SDK OUT!
    Go to your messaging app, click on the "Buddies" tab, and you'll see a place where you can change your status / connection to "offline".

Starting my first full day of use today. Ran it down to 3% yesterday and let it charge up to 100%. GPS and location stuff are turned off, wifi is off, bluetooth is off, IM is offline, screen is turned down (still looks fine), and e-mail is checking every hour or so (though this will be the first setting I crank back up to see how it affects battery life). (So essentially this is close to how I used my Treo 755p). I haven't turned off auto-roam, however. Perhaps I should... that's something I'd only really like to use if I'm headed somewhere with little / no Sprint coverage.

So far with a little over an hour since I took it off power, done some text messaging and checked the weather, fiddled with the settings in a few apps, battery is still at 100%. It was going down a lot faster yesterday, even when not in use.
    Leave WiFi on.... This was posted over at Cnet.
    One of the recommendations was to turn on Wi-Fi, since doing so allows the Pre to send data over Wi-Fi, which is helpful where Sprint's coverage isn't so strong and puts more strain on the battery. We followed these steps and it definitely helped to reduce the battery drain,
    I have wi-fi here at the house and my evdo is showing 5 bars. Which one would be a better battery saver if they are both going strong?
    Last edited by tripsbacks; 06/07/2009 at 11:24 AM.
    OK, I went to sleep at 1am last night and the phone was 100% charged. When I woke up at 9am it was 0% and dead... WTF!!! This is not going to work.. Please someone help becuase if this is what I can expect every day I am going to go insane..
    I notice Synergy at first eats up A TON of battery but then it all levels out after the initial set-up/playing with it every second is put past.
    That shouldn't happen. If you're phone is in sleep mode it should last a lot longer than 8 hours. If it happens again you may need to have it replaced, or at the very least, replace the battery.
    Also, normally with these types of batteries, they aren't at peak performance out of the box. It takes a few charge cycles to get them up to their full capacity. (Although after that it starts to go back down over time)
    Check your settings..whats your scree brighgtness set at?
    Check the sticky thread at the top of the page..isn't that where you should put threads about battery life?
    listen people honestly, i dont think its the battery. its the phone. my phone is hot as hell, but not where the battery is. its the area under the battery, where all the hardware is. its so hot that when you touch it it actually hurts. my phone goes down 10 percent battery every 5 minutes or less. its ridiculous, im lucky to have verizon still and my storm because if not i wouldnt have a working phone. im returning this thing monday, ill wait for issues to get fixed and hope for the one that comes over to verizon to have its hardware issues solved. operating system this phone is the best, form, feel, keyboard, love it. but the internal issues this thing has is bad, mainly the overheating. its a shame.
    Same. My only complaint is the battery life. It's amazing how bad it is, even after a full discharge and charge to calibrate it as suggested somewhere on here.

I guess I should have known something was amiss when Palm didn't even list how long you should expect to get out of the battery on their web site.
    Mine got hot yesterday as I was loading Exchange and was charging in the car and it got hot. But since I updated the software, it seems to run cooler. Have you updated?
    It's not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change” - Darwin
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwayzRight View Post
    Check your settings..whats your scree brighgtness set at?

it was at like 25% but it doesnt matter.. I never touched my phone..
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthonybmancini View Post
    listen people honestly, i dont think its the battery. its the phone. my phone is hot as hell, but not where the battery is. its the area under the battery, where all the hardware is. its so hot that when you touch it it actually hurts. my phone goes down 10 percent battery every 5 minutes or less. its ridiculous, im lucky to have verizon still and my storm because if not i wouldnt have a working phone. im returning this thing monday, ill wait for issues to get fixed and hope for the one that comes over to verizon to have its hardware issues solved. operating system this phone is the best, form, feel, keyboard, love it. but the internal issues this thing has is bad, mainly the overheating. its a shame.
    yep my phone is super hot as well. I went to the movies yesterday and it was so hot I had to take it out of my pocket. I have had treos for years so I know we have tweaks to increase battery life. I have jsut read all the posts and have done those tweaks. We will see what happens in teh next couple of days. I refuse to carry around a hot rock in my pocket though!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbatex View Post
    Mine got hot yesterday as I was loading Exchange and was charging in the car and it got hot. But since I updated the software, it seems to run cooler. Have you updated?
    yes i updated... hot before, hot after
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    I'm having the same problem. After I got my Pre, I noticed it had only 18% battery life left. So I went home and charged it. I noticed after it was charged the battery was INCREDIBLY HOT. It stayed really hot (almost too hot to touch) for the next 5 hours and then died. My battery life was only 5 HOURS!!!

When I got home I plugged in the charger and got this wierd screen with a giant low battery symbol. I thought it was just a new screen showing the battery was being charged after being depleted. Nope. When I woke up this morning it still had the giant battery symbol after I unplugged it. And now it's frozen with the giant battery symbol. The screen won't turn off and I can't figure out how to do a reset. My Pre is broken.

Something was wrong with my Pre from the very start. I'm returning it in the next hour.
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    Took my Pre off the charger last night at like 9pm. It was at 80%. Used it last night to show friends and stuff. Made calls, AIM, etc. Didn't charge it when I went to sleep and it is now at 22% at 1:22pm. Dont think thats bad at all.

Richie
    Shut off wifi push email bluetooth and gps / location services until you need them and turn down screen brightness. Improves battery life significantly.. Also update to 1.02.

My phone gets warm with heavy use but not too hot to touch so you might have a defective unit. Try turning off that stuff and work one item at a time to see the biggest power draws.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    Shut off wifi push email bluetooth and gps / location services until you need them and turn down screen brightness. Improves battery life significantly.. Also update to 1.02.
    last night wifi and bluetooth was off and running 1.02.. This morning I turned off the email push/updates, turned the brightness down to about 5% and turned off the GPS.
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    Are you using IM? I heard something about a bug when using AIM that was eating up battery pretty heavily
Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast