Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18232425262728
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I used pullbangdead's technique and im excited to report that it works WONDERS. After I started it up the second time it was at 40% at about 1am this morning, at about 11:30am it finally died after playing 32 mp3's.

A few days ago it would have died in 5-6 hours from a full charge. Now I am charging it for a few hours and I will report back tomorrow. But thanks for the mini tutorial.
    Quote Originally Posted by xartist1 View Post
    Turn off auto roaming.
    How does one do that?
    is anybody elses battery stating a percentage thats above 30 percent and den all of a sudden dropping to 0% in a few seconds and saying low battery,will shut down soon?? i ran battery monitor the graph showed a normal drain and den like a missle it just shot straight to zero!!! i dunno if its the phone defective problem or the battery
    Best battery life tip for the Pre: buy yourself a new laptop, preferably an awesome one, like a MacBook Pro. Since I've been doing all my playing on my new laptop instead of my Pre, I've been getting like 2-2.7% drain per hour!

It might also help that I got a new job where they won't let me connect to their Exchange server. Yep, that reduced my email load a good deal.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Here are my limited observations on battery usage in an EV coverage area:

Standby: 0.8 percent per hour (no WiFi, no Location Services, no Bluetooth, no email checks)

One network usage: 1 percent (phone call, email check) For a short phone call or download of a few short emails, the usage is about 1 percent. I would assume that a much longer call or download of a large number of emails would increase usage, but I have not yet tried to quantify that.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    If battery life is an issue, don't get a Pre! Seems that the Pixi is a little better.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    my thing dies so fast geezzzz
Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18232425262728