Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 15202122232425262728 LastLast
Results 481 to 500 of 547
  1. #481  
    @pullbangdead I am going to be following your steps to try and reproduce the same results as you. I really want my phone to behave like everyone elses! I LOVE MY PRE IF ONLY THE BATTERY LIFE WAS BETTER.

    Like I told the Sprint rep I went to talk to today as of right now I have a paper weight that a few hours a day I can send SMS on. His advice was to buy a touchstone; I told him that I didn't see why I had to buy another $100 device to have my phone function (btw if I do keep the phone totally buying a touchstone). He agreed and made some settings changes to my phone, aka toggling the GPS settings. If it does not work they'll give me an exchange.

    Also, Sprint is sending me an AIRAVE for my signal issues.
  2. #482  
    I am not sure what has changed since yesterday but today my battery life has been stellar! I've got BT, WIFI, GPS, push activesync running and it's been off the charger now for 12 hours with average usage and I still have 36% free. I hope the battery stays like this, I will be a happy camper. I think the conditioning has finally kicked in.
  3. #483  
    I think it is STRONGLY dependent on your location. Today I was at a restaurant for 2 hours and my phone got warm and ate through 20% per hour. Had 2-3 bars...
  4. fixmdude's Avatar
    Posts
    4 Posts
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    #484  
    I returned my pre and went back to my Centro and old $45 plan (I mostly use data, not more than 200 minutes of talk). I had always set the previous two Treos and my last Centro to "Roaming Only" at work to get a good signal for calls but the Pre no longer has that option, just 'Sprint Only' or 'Automatic'. I was getting 0-1 bars of Sprint, the phone was heating up, the battery was draining, and all my calls dropped in the first minute, it's just annoying to pay more and get less than what I already had. The Pre 'has' more but I couldn't use them in fear of the phone dying.
    I also like the Centro's pushing one calendar button to both turn it on and see my calendar throughout the day, rather than reaching around to the top to turn on the Pre, then opening the launcher, then opening the calendar, then not being able to see my whole day without scrolling the screen, then getting a delay on every page swipe/turn, the Centro has a 4-way toggle with instant navigation through the days.
    I also didn't like the 'greasy' feel of the shiny plastic back, it always felt dirty, but getting some kind of rubberized cover could have fixed that. I just found myself surprised at how much I liked my Centro, (and the $25 less a month in fees helps.) I understand the fun in getting the new device and in tech-minded people playing with it and figuring out its quirks, so I'm not poo-pooing others on here who are enjoying the Pre, I'd just rather leave that kind of fun to things like hacking an AppleTV at home to play Hulu, my work tools need to stay working efficiently. Good luck everyone.
  5. #485  
    Quote Originally Posted by fixmdude View Post
    I returned my pre and went back to my Centro and old $45 plan (I mostly use data, not more than 200 minutes of talk). I had always set the previous two Treos and my last Centro to "Roaming Only" at work to get a good signal for calls but the Pre no longer has that option, just 'Sprint Only' or 'Automatic'. I was getting 0-1 bars of Sprint, the phone was heating up, the battery was draining, and all my calls dropped in the first minute, it's just annoying to pay more and get less than what I already had. The Pre 'has' more but I couldn't use them in fear of the phone dying.
    I also like the Centro's pushing one calendar button to both turn it on and see my calendar throughout the day, rather than reaching around to the top to turn on the Pre, then opening the launcher, then opening the calendar, then not being able to see my whole day without scrolling the screen, then getting a delay on every page swipe/turn, the Centro has a 4-way toggle with instant navigation through the days.
    I also didn't like the 'greasy' feel of the shiny plastic back, it always felt dirty, but getting some kind of rubberized cover could have fixed that. I just found myself surprised at how much I liked my Centro, (and the $25 less a month in fees helps.) I understand the fun in getting the new device and in tech-minded people playing with it and figuring out its quirks, so I'm not poo-pooing others on here who are enjoying the Pre, I'd just rather leave that kind of fun to things like hacking an AppleTV at home to play Hulu, my work tools need to stay working efficiently. Good luck everyone.

    Wow, it seems like the number of returns is high...
  6. palo117's Avatar
    Posts
    5 Posts
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    #486  
    I'm not sure what happened with my Pre. I was losing battery life as soon as I took it off the touchstone. Then yesterday after leaving it on the touchstone all night my battery started working as normal. I use my phone a lot during the day and had excellent battery life. I have 2 gmail accounts and they were set to check every 30 minutes. GPS turned off. I also use google maps all day and it has been doing much better.
  7. #487  
    As a phone I'm loving the Pre even though MANY features I enjoyed on my Centro are missing.

    However, the battery life is DISMAL to put it politely. I went from 96% to 55% in roughly an hour this morning. No bluetooth on, no wi-fi, no GPS on - just browsing this forum and one 4 min convo with my wife.

    That's NUTS!!!
  8. #488  
    Okay, just to show everyone what I'm dealing with here, look at this -->





    3 minutes difference between the screenshots, and as you can see neither bluetooth or wi-fi is enabled.

    Guess what I did with the phone in between the screenshots?

    Absolutely nothing!! I took the first one, put the phone down, waited, picked it back up and took the second one.

    It dropped 1% in 3 minutes while doing NOTHING. And honestly, this isn't even accurate, because I've watched it drop 1 to 2 percent in less than 3 minutes.

    For e-mail, I had set my Gmail and Yahoo from "as it arrrives" to once an hour, and my hotmail is at every 5 minutes.

    What could th phone possibly be doing to eat that much battery?!?!?

    And again, GPS is set to "ask."
  9. #489  
    Quote Originally Posted by taalibeen View Post
    For e-mail, I had set my Gmail and Yahoo from "as it arrrives" to once an hour, and my hotmail is at every 5 minutes.

    What could th phone possibly be doing to eat that much battery?!?!?
    Isn't hotmail a known issue? Try removing it or setting to manually check.
    LG TP 1100 -> Sanyo SCP-5150 -> LG PM-325 -> Nokia 1100 -> Motorola v557 -> Treo 755p -> HTC EVO 4G

    Sprint customer since 2001
  10. #490  
    I am so close to returning this damn thing. I love the phone but the battery and signal issue is driving me nuts. I got an Airave at home which works great for Voice but with Data I see no improvement, actually I think it's worse. It seems to confuse the phone. Last night, I had 5 bars but it still searched for a network. As for Data I have to use wifi. I then tried making a call and the call goes through fine but why does it continue to search for a network. Then this morning it was the same thing I have 5 bars and searching. Once I get to work I looked at it and it's at 1 bar and searching. I tried to send an email and it gave me an error. Isn't it supposed to know when I'm leaving Airave range and switch me back the the Sprint Network? A restart put me back on the Sprint Network, (1-2 bars) but I'm not going to restart every morning when I leave the house.







  11. emaddox84's Avatar
    Posts
    39 Posts
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    #491  
    I take my phone off the charger at around 7am, and at 5pm when I get off work I'm finding it at around 70%. This is with wifi off, bluetooth on, location services on, gmail "as it arrives", and signed out of im. During these hours I usually delete/respond to all incoming emails, do come calendar work, message some, browse the internet for about 30 min total, light use of various other apps, and about 30 min of speed brain haha. I did however turn off "background data collection" on location services. I think this may be the culprit for a lot of peoples battery issues. But I'm not sure.
  12. #492  
    Quote Originally Posted by emaddox84 View Post
    I take my phone off the charger at around 7am, and at 5pm when I get off work I'm finding it at around 70%. This is with wifi off, bluetooth on, location services on, gmail "as it arrives", and signed out of im. During these hours I usually delete/respond to all incoming emails, do come calendar work, message some, browse the internet for about 30 min total, light use of various other apps, and about 30 min of speed brain haha. I did however turn off "background data collection" on location services. I think this may be the culprit for a lot of peoples battery issues. But I'm not sure.
    I turn everything off and yesterday I took it off the charger at 7:30 am and by noon it was already at 50%. This was with one call and gmail checking every hour, I can't remember but I could have sent one text message also. This is just stupid, I have a phone that does everything but I don't want to use it because I don't want to kill the battery, WTF.
  13. #493  
    Lopez, do you have background data collection on or off?

    never mind, saw you answered.
  14. #494  
    My battery life had another bad day yesterday. I've been trying everything I can. Someone suggested updating network settings and PRL, which I did last night. I charged it up to 100% and then unplugged it. I left it unplugged overnight with similar settings to what I've used before: everything off, 2 gmail accounts checking hourly. No other use at all during that time.

    In 9.5 hours I dropped 45%, or 4.7% an hour. This is somewhat better than the 5.5-5.2 I had been seeing. However, I got very few emails during that time so I'm not sure it's a fair test.

    A lot of people are saying their batteries are better now, but mine just doesn't seem to be improving. I am heavily leaning toward taking me Pre back right now. Which is sad, because I really like it.
  15. emaddox84's Avatar
    Posts
    39 Posts
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    #495  
    Quote Originally Posted by lopezpm View Post
    I turn everything off and yesterday I took it off the charger at 7:30 am and by noon it was already at 50%. This was with one call and gmail checking every hour, I can't remember but I could have sent one text message also. This is just stupid, I have a phone that does everything but I don't want to use it because I don't want to kill the battery, WTF.
    Hmm, you might have a defective unit. I use about 10% every 3 hours with light to moderate use.
  16. #496  
    I attempted to charge my phone last night only to find the charger was not hooked up to the wall...my phone was dead...so i just plugged it in and charged it for a like an hour and it wouldn't turn on...does anyone know if it needs to be fully charged to turn on????
  17. #497  
    Quote Originally Posted by emaddox84 View Post
    Hmm, you might have a defective unit. I use about 10% every 3 hours with light to moderate use.
    This sucks, cause this is my second unit. I took the first one back 3 hours later because of dead pixels, crashes, screen distortion, and battery issues. I guess I'll try to exchange it again if I can find one. At least the Sprint store I go to is pretty cool, they called me when I had to exchange the first one. So, I'll call them and have them call me when they get a shipment in.
  18. #498  
    Quote Originally Posted by dparker131 View Post
    I attempted to charge my phone last night only to find the charger was not hooked up to the wall...my phone was dead...so i just plugged it in and charged it for a like an hour and it wouldn't turn on...does anyone know if it needs to be fully charged to turn on????
    We answered your questions here
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ng-my-pre.html

    it'll be fine just let it charge.
  19. #499  
    Quote Originally Posted by lopezpm View Post
    I turn everything off and yesterday I took it off the charger at 7:30 am and by noon it was already at 50%. This was with one call and gmail checking every hour, I can't remember but I could have sent one text message also. This is just stupid, I have a phone that does everything but I don't want to use it because I don't want to kill the battery, WTF.
    By "everything off," do you mean you have NO email linked to the phone, no IM username linked, no Facebook linked, no apps installed, and WIFI, BT, Location/bg/etc, all disabled?

    If so, then you are having some crazy signal issues.

    My first guess would be that you accidentally have IM enabled... that chews through battery like nothing else.
  20. #500  
    Quote Originally Posted by blueaura View Post
    My battery life had another bad day yesterday. I've been trying everything I can. Someone suggested updating network settings and PRL, which I did last night. I charged it up to 100% and then unplugged it. I left it unplugged overnight with similar settings to what I've used before: everything off, 2 gmail accounts checking hourly. No other use at all during that time.

    In 9.5 hours I dropped 45%, or 4.7% an hour. This is somewhat better than the 5.5-5.2 I had been seeing. However, I got very few emails during that time so I'm not sure it's a fair test.

    A lot of people are saying their batteries are better now, but mine just doesn't seem to be improving. I am heavily leaning toward taking me Pre back right now. Which is sad, because I really like it.
    uh, 45% over 9.5 hours is NOT BAD AT ALL FOR A SMARTPHONE.

    That's down-right amazing. I think some of the Pre-people need to go check out a Windows Mobile phone for a week or so, and realize how great the Pre really is.

    I don't think my Pre would last 9.5 hours at all.

Posting Permissions