Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 111617181920212223242526 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by repseki View Post
    If you had a laptop computer running these same applications, I can promise you even with a battery 10x larger it will die just as fast if not faster than the Pre.

What more do you expect this to do? Use an iPhone for a week and you'll see the battery on it was just like it. At least in my 2 years of using an iPhone it was the same as this.
    Umm, who exactly are you talking to? Or is this just general advice?
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Arg. Why is this stuff never easy. I took it off Airplane mode an hour ago and it dropped 3%, but i'm attributing that to the fact that its jumping between evdo, 1x, and verizons roaming.
    It wasn't me officer, I swear.
    Quote Originally Posted by pullbangdead View Post
    Umm, who exactly are you talking to? Or is this just general advice?
    General advice.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Something funky is going on. I could only get about 4 hours out of a full charge the first couple days. The battery depletion and heat problems were extreme. Then I deleted my Hotmail account and turned off my Background Data Collection and now it won't run out! I've gone 23 hours and I'm only down to 52%!!! Now my battery life is extreme in the other direction. Not that I'm complaining or anything. But something odd is going on. Now it seems I have a super-phone. I even had Bluetooth on all day and then Bluetooth and Wi-Fi on all night. I don't get it.
    few days of having the pre!!!! and the battery sucks so much i dont even think i can go on a road trip and use the gps with the dumb charging port on the side of the pre. HELLO PALM how can we use the gps if no phone holder will hold and charge my pre at the same time !!!! i know ill ask my friend(an iphone owner) to hold my palm pre till we get to DC from NYC HA. i can go forever on this pre

700p over PRE

PERIOD

and sprint selling the charger for $30 when its $9.99 on ebay (all original sprint product)
    Global Posts
    412 Global Posts
    700p - I like my Pre, and even I'll mention - Even if you are charging the Pre, it doesn't charge at a fast enough rate to keep it going through a long trip. You will still lose battery power, just not as fast. I don't care cause I have a Garmin which is a lot better, anyways. But just saying...the Pre really can't be a GPS for any long distances.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade? -Trent Reznor
    Quote Originally Posted by NINnerd View Post
    700p - I like my Pre, and even I'll mention - Even if you are charging the Pre, it doesn't charge at a fast enough rate to keep it going through a long trip. You will still lose battery power, just not as fast. I don't care cause I have a Garmin which is a lot better, anyways. But just saying...the Pre really can't be a GPS for any long distances.
    why not?? i use my 700p for hours till it dies with the bluetooth on for my little gps reciver and yes i have a garmin too but if they are going to promote gps and make you change your plan and lose you better plan. battery sucks PERIOD

700p over pre

ANYDAY
    Quote Originally Posted by 700p over PRE View Post
    why not?? i use my 700p for hours till it dies with the bluetooth on for my little gps reciver and yes i have a garmin too but if they are going to promote gps and make you change your plan and lose you better plan. battery sucks PERIOD

700p over pre

ANYDAY
    I switched from 700p on VERIZON (best coverage in my city) to Pre, and I gotta say I'm loving it! Sure there are a few problems, and no tethering (yet!), but every time now that I pick up my 700p I just sorta cringe at the thought of having to type and stuff on it. I mean it was a great phone, but the Pre (at least software wise) just outweighs it so much...

Just my two cents worth.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnLBurger View Post
    I switched from 700p on VERIZON (best coverage in my city) to Pre, and I gotta say I'm loving it! Sure there are a few problems, and no tethering (yet!), but every time now that I pick up my 700p I just sorta cringe at the thought of having to type and stuff on it. I mean it was a great phone, but the Pre (at least software wise) just outweighs it so much...

Just my two cents worth.
    how cuz its faster and the OS looks like the iphone "knockoff" and i hate the iphone.i feel like im going to karate finger chop my pre with all the waving around.i mean the treo 700p is big but if you get the cutoff anttena.

may i ask hows your battery life coming along im sure we all cant wait to spend another $30 or more for a new one on top of the $75 for the charger that DOES NOT come with a USB cord"i smell scam"
    Quote Originally Posted by k1dude View Post
    Something funky is going on. I could only get about 4 hours out of a full charge the first couple days. The battery depletion and heat problems were extreme. Then I deleted my Hotmail account and turned off my Background Data Collection and now it won't run out! I've gone 23 hours and I'm only down to 52%!!! Now my battery life is extreme in the other direction. Not that I'm complaining or anything. But something odd is going on. Now it seems I have a super-phone. I even had Bluetooth on all day and then Bluetooth and Wi-Fi on all night. I don't get it.
    this is exactly what's happening to me - 4 hours tops and really hot! - i made some changes. we'll see what happens...
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    how cuz its faster and the OS looks like the iphone "knockoff" and i hate the iphone.i feel like im going to karate finger chop my pre with all the waving around.i mean the treo 700p is big but if you get the cutoff anttena.

may i ask hows your battery life coming along im sure we all cant wait to spend another $30 or more for a new one on top of the $75 for the charger that DOES NOT come with a USB cord"i smell scam"
    Have you tried any of the "fixes" mentioned previously in the thread? I'd just hate for you returning your Pre without at least deleting Hotmail (or any POP3 email) and turning off background services. Just a suggestion before you call it a total loss...
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    Just a note on my usage....after using Sprint Nav for 25 min my battery is down to 84%. Don't know what to think about that, but I don't like it.

and sprint selling the charger for $30 when its $9.99 on ebay (all original sprint product)
    well, i bought some of those motorola usb mini to micro adapters off amazon. I've attached them to usb cables that connect to my home pc and work pc and they work flawlessly to charge my pre and connect to it's usb storage. on top of that i used an adapter on my VERIZON car charger and it works as well! so now i essentially have 2 chargers in one and all it cost me was a few bucks for a 3" adapter!
    Quote Originally Posted by timGSU View Post
    Just a note on my usage....after using Sprint Nav for 25 min my battery is down to 84%. Don't know what to think about that, but I don't like it.
    I had Telenav for my 755p and I rarely used it without a car charger. It's constantly getting map and location data along with keeping the screen on.
    Last edited by EeZeEpEe; 06/10/2009 at 09:05 AM.
    LG TP 1100 -> Sanyo SCP-5150 -> LG PM-325 -> Nokia 1100 -> Motorola v557 -> Treo 755p -> HTC EVO 4G

Sprint customer since 2001
    Global Posts
    412 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smashclash View Post
    well, i bought some of those motorola usb mini to micro adapters off amazon. I've attached them to usb cables that connect to my home pc and work pc and they work flawlessly to charge my pre and connect to it's usb storage. on top of that i used an adapter on my VERIZON car charger and it works as well! so now i essentially have 2 chargers in one and all it cost me was a few bucks for a 3" adapter!
    Damn, you're like MacGyver up in here! LOL!
    What if this whole crusade's a charade? -Trent Reznor
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Deleted my email accounts, turned off WiFi and everything else except Auto locate when needed. Unplugged phone an hour ago and it's still at 100%, so the battery is Ok now, but now I can't check my Hotmail. I can log into hotmail.com through the web browser and see a list of my email but touching on an email does not open it. When I use my iPod Touch I get what looks like the mobile version of hotmail, the text is big, easy to read, and the emails open. Even if I go to mobile.hotmail.com on the pre it takes me to the regular hotmail page, which won't open its emails. So far my Centro was more convenient (and $25 a month cheaper). But I'm still trying to make this work, I have another week to get used to it since the 3GS isn't out yet.
    Can someone tell me how to set the length of time for email accounts to check for mail?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by k1dude View Post
    How do you turn off background data collection? Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by PghPatti View Post
    Can someone tell me how to set the length of time for email accounts to check for mail?

Thanks!
    Open email app, click on the Email menu in the left corner, then click on the account you want to edit, scroll down to the Sync box and click on "get mail" - pop up with times appears

Quote Originally Posted by ltgks1011 View Post
    How do you turn off background data collection? Thanks!
    3rd page of launcher > Location services > Background Data Collection > On/Off
    It's not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change” - Darwin
    Now that I've conditioned a few times and killed Hotmail my battery is working beautifully. I do keep wifi on when it's an option and that seems to help as well. I had the phone at 100% at 5pm yesterday and used it a lot last night to show to a friend and then some web browsing in bed and it's down to 36%.

Also for other subway riders, it's very easy to switch on airplane mode and I highly recommend it. I always killed the antenna in my BB when going underground and it's a lot more convenient on the pre.