Yeah I'm avoiding programs like Tweed for now
    Quote Originally Posted by say oh shin View Post
    today:

pulled off charger at 6:30AM

10ish gmail emails recieved with setting to check every 10? minutes
    5 in text/5 out text
    background services on
    autolocate on

no cell phones allowed inside of the room i work in so it was hardly touched.

7PM we are looking at 36% battery left...that is borderline disgusting

turned off background services, changed gmail to only as it comes and we'll see if tomorrow is better...if not, the iphone 3gs is looking pretty effing tempting
    Day 2

Pulled off charger at 7AM

10ish Gmail emails set to receive as they arrive
    1 in text/0 out text
    background services off
    autolocate on
    some people with my office played with it a little bit, comparing speeds of google maps against an iphone

7PM today, we are looking at 65% battery left, which is a significant improvement over yesterday but still not quite good enough
    Quote Originally Posted by say oh shin View Post
    Day 2

Pulled off charger at 7AM

10ish Gmail emails set to receive as they arrive
    1 in text/0 out text
    background services off
    autolocate on
    some people with my office played with it a little bit, comparing speeds of google maps against an iphone

7PM today, we are looking at 65% battery left, which is a significant improvement over yesterday but still not quite good enough
    12 hours and 65% left isn't good enough?

just get the extended battery then..maybe that'll bring you to 75%

I went 7am-10PM, tons of email, buncha text, was on gtalk quite a bit...had 50% left. im very happy with that
    Quote Originally Posted by jmart603 View Post
    12 hours and 65% left isn't good enough?

just get the extended battery then..maybe that'll bring you to 75%

I went 7am-10PM, tons of email, buncha text, was on gtalk quite a bit...had 50% left. im very happy with that
    Even my POS Mogul got better battery life than this
    I would LOVE that result, seriously, that would be excellent. I'd trade you in a heartbeat.
    Off charger @ 6:30 AM
    BT off
    Wifi off
    fetch = 6hour
    No cards

In class no calls 2 texts Phone dead at 1:30pm

Recharged for rest of training class Hotmail removed

during 3 hr dinner meeting phone only dropped to 88%

Numerous webs runs 20 min call .

Tomorrow will tell the story........

EDIT**
    At Training 3 bars evdo

At dinner 0-1 bar Little R data indication.

Thanks LateNight.
    Last edited by dgenemiller; 06/09/2009 at 10:00 PM. Reason: Forgot signal indications
    Quote Originally Posted by dgenemiller View Post
    Off charger @ 6:30 AM
    BT off
    Wifi off
    fetch = 6hour
    No cards

In class no calls 2 texts Phone dead at 1:30pm

Recharged for rest of training class Hotmail removed

during 3 hr dinner meeting phone only dropped to 88%

Numerous webs runs 20 min call .

Tomorrow will tell the story........
    If I had to guess I would say that your battery drain is a result of a poor radio signal. Searching for a good signal takes a tremendous amount of battery and if your indoors in class you might have 0 bars and always be searching.
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    Off Charger 8:00 am.
    BT ON
    GPS Off
    Wifi Off
    turned the brightness down a bit
    Manual fetching hotmail and my Comcast email
    Lots and lots of playing with it all day setting up and synching calendars
    about a dozen send/receive text msgs
    about an hour of phone calls
    no charging at all during the day

at 10:49 pm it's at 39%

I don't think the battery life will be a problem for me since I would normally use the car charger when in the car and the touchstone sitting at my desk in my office.
    See edit. It was actually the reverse all day. Thanks for reminding me to include signal.
    wow - i'd be ecstatic with some of these numbers - took mine off the charger at 6pm - NO calls, a few cards open (about 6) checked some emails - maybe 4, checked this forum - read two posts. did some other stuff with a new app - 5 minutes worth and the phone sat in my pocket the rest of the night- wifi and BT off - it's 10pm and i'm down to 20% !!!
    i do have autolocate on and 4 email accounts - i have set 3 of them to check email every 30' - the other is manual.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    My experience has been comparable to this...light to medium usage from around 9am and needs to be recharged by 4 or so, without wi-fi or bluetooth being used. Very bad...my 800w had much better life and that was only mediocre at best.
    Palm Pre owner...for now, at least. :-p
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    I ran pandora all day at work today and was down to 10% at the end of an 8 1/2hr work day. I would assume that is ok. Read a few emails also.
    It bothers me that in a tight situation, we are all SOL... Whereas my firend with the Curve easily goes 3 days with IDENTICAL usage... What does bb do that is so magical?
    Quote Originally Posted by ScrapMaker View Post
    It bothers me that in a tight situation, we are all SOL... Whereas my firend with the Curve easily goes 3 days with IDENTICAL usage... What does bb do that is so magical?

well the curve doesn't have a huge bright screen so that probably helps....BB has had years to perfect that O/S also.

Coming from a Curve, this is quite a shift for me but as the newness wears off, amazingly the battery is lasting a lot longer
    Quote Originally Posted by dwhall View Post
    I ran pandora all day at work today and was down to 10% at the end of an 8 1/2hr work day. I would assume that is ok. Read a few emails also.
    Holy crap, you streamed Pandora for 8 hours straight with no recharge and didn't kill the battery any sooner than that? EVDO or Wifi?

Yeah, I'm gonna do something to get my battery life up to what you guys are getting. Streaming Pandora all day sounds EXCELLENT.
    Last edited by pullbangdead; 06/09/2009 at 11:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by kcpowercat View Post
    well the curve doesn't have a huge bright screen so that probably helps....BB has had years to perfect that O/S also.

Coming from a Curve, this is quite a shift for me but as the newness wears off, amazingly the battery is lasting a lot longer
    Erm I keep mine on lowest brightness
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    I was at 100% at 2am this morning. It saw light duty today but it's 9:30pm and I still have have 64%!!! That CRUSHED my initial performance of around 4 hours. I even left Bluetooth on all day. Eliminating Hotmail and turning off Background Data Collection was the trick. Thanks posters at PreCentral! Now I can focus on less important glitches without the elephant in the room (4hrs + heat).
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    I think I am going to get my battery or hopefully my Pre exchanged tomorrow. Its dropping 3% in Standby. In Airplane Mode. I had to charge it pretty much constantly today, and I am NOT happy about that. Even my Voyager could make it through the day. Other than that, it is everything I hoped. Now I just need in to that damn SDK and the world will be complete!
    It wasn't me officer, I swear.
    ok so when i 1st got the pre after standing inline for bout 2 hours and kept running back t the meter (stupid downtown meters) i got the phone played with it alil set up basic stuff transfered contacts (sprint couldnt do it because their machine was down, and i did it myself cuz its not hard) got to work charged it played with it after charge battery was going fast, found this website right here read these forums saw advice tried it

so to start off i drained the battery till it died on me yesterday, den left it for a full charge and this is how it went

off the charger at 7:30
    brightness close to low
    screen turn off at 30 secs
    bluetooth off
    wi-fi on
    location thing off and set to ask
    aol mail set to as i receive
    took aim off

got to work at 8 checked some mail that came in
    took pictures to show 3mp and clarity
    sent many texts and received many
    made 2 20 min calls, received the sprint survey call
    searched online randomly for about 30 mins
    streamed 30 mins of pandora
    watched chad vader webisodes on youtube app for bout 30 mins
    looked thru fandango app previewed trailers
    checked more emails
    sent more texts
    took pictures and emailed them
    took bout 10 more pictures and mms'd them
    used the where app to find restaurant for dinner
    checked stocks on app
    now im at home where my signal keeps goin to roaming (stupid signal)
    and it's 9:45 and my signal is at 37%

if the whole li-ion battery thing is true i will see how it goes tomorrow after depleting and recharging tonight

this phone is pretty good for me, i loved my treo 700p, but im loving this fone now if they can add a video camera feature, and flash for web videos i'll b like "700p who?" lmao
    If you had a laptop computer running these same applications, I can promise you even with a battery 10x larger it will die just as fast if not faster than the Pre.

What more do you expect this to do? Use an iPhone for a week and you'll see the battery on it was just like it. At least in my 2 years of using an iPhone it was the same as this.